Author Topic: Ranger/Shadow Hunter Tier 5 questions.  (Read 4962 times)

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Ranger/Shadow Hunter Tier 5 questions.
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
After 41 levels of throwing spears at people I decided to change spec. So I am asking you, the more experimented Shadow Hunters out there.

Preamble.

I do not plan on fighting any kind of beasts. Ever. I'm a weaponsmith/carpenter so I don't need any hides or bones. Other than that I can't think of anything I'd want from the poor animals besides better experience per fight but then again I'm in Tier 5 so nowhere to go. Again, no beasts. Ever.

Questions :

1. What constitutes "light-armored humanoids" from the description of "Burning Arrow". Is it an amount ? Are there any  "light-armored humanoids" in Tier 5. I have a merc with "Burning arrow 4" or some-such and I can't say I ever seen that skill used in combat log.
2. Does "Head shot" work in conjunction with volley ? I.e. will the first volley hit (if successful) for damage+"Head Shot" ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger/Shadow Hunter Tier 5 questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
Come on ! No Tier 5 Shadow Hunters in here ? Throw me a bone.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:50:12 AM »
Your questions aren't related to Tier 5, simply the explanations to a few of the attributes that Shadow Hunters have.

1) light armoured humanoids are any that are wearing leather armour. That usually means mystics, but could mean Rangers also. I don't know how that would be applied to a Ranger that is wearing some leather items and some chainmail items.

2)Yes, headshot can be used in conjunction with volley. When you attack your first opponent, headshot can be used, and then volley gets activated to hit the other enemies in the same round - but headshot only occurs with the very first shot of the battle. Headshot damage will use the base attack of your weapon as a baseline - not the volley damage, because volley hasn't been used by the time Headshot is activated.

I don't understand why you stated your aversion to attacking beasts. It has no bearing on your questions ???
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline zenogear

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »
hi DMDM....im ghost (stick Lollypop) Stalker
i just want to ask the reason why you want to become shadow hunter? and after you changed is it cool? can you tell me your experienced? coz im thinking to change too or just stop play the game coz of 12 rounds penalty... :-X :-X
thanks for sharing.... ;)

Offline vbTaraus

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
2DMDM

Why there is no Shadow hunters there @Tier5/6 ? and whats the point of being a Hunter then ?

I know this tread is old, but once i started it in a new topic but none replied.
Im playing L29Hunter now...