Author Topic: 100%+ cumulative chance of producing a rare item and jet you get a normal item  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
In several occasion, while the display say that I have a better than 100% cumulative chance of producing a rare or better item I have got a normal item.

It is a bug or an intended feature?

To make it clearer:

Using a workbench and magic hammer my probabilities were: 60% rare, 30% epic, 15% legendary, so the cumulative chances of getting something not normal were 105%.

Or instead than being cumulative the chances follow a progression of this kind:

60% of a rare item;
if the item isn't rare you get a 30% of a epic item;
if the item isn't epic you have a 15% chance of a legendary item?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:47:49 PM by Jago »

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Thats not 105%, because chances dont work that way. You cant just add them up. There are 3 checks. You have 15 % to do epic. If it fails, another check 30% legendary and if it fails 60% rare. Chances that all 3 fail are 0,85*0,7*0,4=23,8%. Not big, but 1/4 you get normal item. And thats just average. That means somebody can get 3 times in row nothing, somebody can get 3 times in row epic.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Thats not 105%, because chances dont work that way. You cant just add them up. There are 3 checks. You have 15 % to do epic. If it fails, another check 30% legendary and if it fails 60% rare. Chances that all 3 fail are 0,85*0,7*0,4=23,8%. Not big, but 1/4 you get normal item. And thats just average. That means somebody can get 3 times in row nothing, somebody can get 3 times in row epic.

TY, that was the question, probably you read it before I added the second part.

Good to know that it start from the legendary item and not in the other order.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
I think it starts from epic - epic is better then legendary. rare - blue, legendary - yellow, epic - purple.
And no matter from what side it starts. Chances for making normal item remains the same. 23,8 % in your example.

Crassus

I think it starts from epic - epic is better then legendary. rare - blue, legendary - yellow, epic - purple.
And no matter from what side it starts. Chances for making normal item remains the same. 23,8 % in your example.

This is correct goes Epic->Legendary->rare...
You also can see here:http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=4780.0

Topic Locked
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:05:46 AM by Crassus »