Author Topic: Tier 4 - The Family  (Read 14310 times)

mr_ferid

Re: Tier 4 - The Family
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »
their skill's are super and they are 37 38 39 lwl. marilla is ver sensitive at our mercs. our guild's First Officer's mercs are wear 39 lwl epic and he couldn't won family in tier 4(now he is tier 5)

Crassus

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 06:51:23 PM »
Hmmm... Cuorion vs You, you win if it's PvP.... If it's loot, Cuorion wins... This means a lot to me... Your mercs individually may be are the best... but they do not co-op good enough....

I am not saying the dungeon is easy, i wasn't able to do it.... I am simply saying sometimes becoming the best at one point, makes us worse to another....

For example a team of 5 Guardians will not work, even if each one of them is the best, and equipped with the best items... They will not be able to hit & they will die after a lot of turns.
Same 5 Rangers, they will deal damage, but if the enemy performs 1-2 successful hit they will die.
What you need is a good all-around group.

mr_ferid

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
this idea looking good but how can I do it?

Crassus

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
I don't if it's worth to do it now... But at the next tier you can do it for sure... For example... I have 2 guardians with taunt high block and counter attack, with me (Guardian too) we make a perfect meat shield with more than 20k hp all together, at the same time i buff my team with leader ship. Also i have a mystic with curse mastery 7 and some curses, plus petrify, at one round the entire enemy team is negative buffed and with petrify they loose some attacks. Finally the 2 "damagers" of the party, one stalker with volley,headshot,ambush, masteries etc, and one fury with whirlwind and some other skills. I even choose to equip them some items just to add some skills to my mercs. I am not saying it's the best team build buts it's good enough i think... Both buff  and negative buff,  a lot of damage due to block-counterattack/volley/whirlwind and a lot of defense...

mr_ferid

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 05:27:48 AM »
I have 2 mystic 2 head shooter(ranger with more critichal hit chanse) 1 fury worrior with more healt and much dammage(800-1000) and more 1 fury worrior with 500-800 damage + 50 block and much healt.I will try to realize your idea
thankyou

Cuorion

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
You have much output damage but nothing to absord incoming. Your block Fury is an idea, but since he has no Taunt, it's only chance that he gets hit instead of you or the other rangers.

Of course, we're talking here about legendary/epic bosses, not normal monsters with dexterity incapable of hitting more than once over 3 rounds...

In your case, I would choose the following (I'll talk about Tier 5 'cause there's no point to change your mercs now for 1 level).

1 Guardian with at least 7 levels of Taunt, Shield Mastery and Counterattack and at least with x4 base Vitality. That's your meat shield. Every vitality granded by items will be multiplied with the same multiplier so you need to maximize his Health (it's not difficult to take it up to more than 10k HP). With a high-block shield and a 1-handed sword he'll reach around 100 block, which will be decent even against bosses with ~500 Strength (that's -50 armor). A high Counterattack will also add on the damage output since your Guardian will attack every enemy he blocks, which can be up to 6 bonus attacks per round (if you're lucky enough). Ignore weapon masteries. Blundly put, this guy's main job is to die in your place, so make sure he absorbs as many hits as possible before he falls, instead of dealing 50 more damage.

1 Light Mage with at least 5 levels of Buff Mastery, 7 levels of Fountain of Life and at least one more buff (the higher level the better). Panther Swiftness is a good one too since it raises your group's Agility, thus reducing your enemy's critical rate. Things are simple here. 5 levels of Buff Mastery will cause your whole group to get all your Mage's buffs in the first round. Fountain of Life greatly increases your group's Vitality, thus Health. So if you get only a couple of hits per fight, that bonus Health will absorb the whole damage, letting you in full-HP after the battle. Inner Spirit is also a nice addition since it can increase your merc's health with a significant amount, making him less of a "victim" in case of splash-damage enemies. Ignore Heal skills, they are worthless at Tier 4 and above. After the new skills are implemented, a Light Mage with Ressurection would be a good idea.

1 Dark Mage with at least 5 levels of Curse Mastery, 7 levels of Sickness and at least one more curse (the higher level the better). High level Petrify is a nice addition, since it will cause a random enemy to lose his next move and it is used each round. As with the Light Mage, 5 levels of Curse Mastery will land all curses to all enemies on the first round. Sickness reduces enemies' Vitality, practically causing nice damage on the first round. Poison Cloud is also helpful since it lowers enemies' Agility, letting your heavy armor users hit more frequently and lowering the reduction your enemies cause on your critical chance. Inner Spirit is good here too, same reasons.

1 damage dealer. Since you already are a ranger, I would choose a Fury Warrior here for you with at least 5 levels of Wirlwind, at least x4 Strength and 1 mastery (I'll talk about that later). I don't know if it is possible to find a Fury Warrior mercenary with Battle Cry, but if it is possible it would be great (7 levels of Battle Cry lower all enemy attributes by 24%). Berserker Stance is a nice addition, since it can raise youe merc's damage for up to 30%. Stay away from Crushing Blow! It lowers your merc's chance to hit by 50%, something you don't want for just +140 attack (at maximum level). Now, regarding masteries. There are two ideal choices in my opinion. Warhammer Mastery and Dual-Wield. The first gives your merc bonus to the weapons with the greater damage, warhammers lower though both Agility and Dexterity by 30%. If you choose this, make sure to include +crit chance to your merc's weapon to make up for the lost dexterity. Dual-Wield will result in a bit less base damage but with 2 +crit swords, you can easily reach 35%+ critical chance with a maximum damage of around 1400 (with x4 Strength it is not difficult to reach 400 Strength, which is basically +100% damage). The Dual-Wield will also offer you around 40 block, which is not much, but you still have chances to block an incoming attack. If you choose a ranger, well... you know rangers better than me I guess. :)

The fifth one can be either one more damage dealer or one more guardian, based on what seems to be going wrong with your group (e.g. if your tank dies before the enemy boss is at least at half its health, you need a second tank to absorb the rest of the damage, if the same happens, but you are already fighting for 20 rounds or so, you need more damage so you need another damage dealer).

That's more or less my point of view. I would be really interested to a whole other build that would work.

EDIT 1: I remember I have defeated you in Falar at least once and my mercs wear mostly blue items (with only some of the important ones being legendary or epic).

EDIT 2: I just owned the Ice Axe. :D Battle saved in first place of favorites, you can see my mercs to get a practical idea of what I discussed above.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:02:28 AM by Cuorion »

mr_ferid

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:43 AM »
I saw your fight it is very good.it is very good team work but I don't agree with you.femaledagger had got 3 fury worrior and 2 ranger when she was tier 4 but she won this battle(family).she didn't use any guardian or magic.you can see her last castle war.she won very strong rival easily :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:12:58 AM by mr_ferid »

Cuorion

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
Well, if you call that smilev guy with 2 level 33 mercs "very strong rival" then what can I say...

The fact remains, group pvp is one thing, boss fight is a whole other.
Smilev's got 23 Agility. The average boss's got around 250. No criticals there, no 0 block, no just 4k unprotected Health.

Watch my last won siege battle. Fought against a group of 4 damage dealers, 1 guardian and 1 mage (just like smilev). He was also 4 levels higher than me.

EDIT: I don't say I won easy, but if you think that my mercs wear 60% blue items, I could own the guy in full epics.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:31:53 AM by Cuorion »

mr_ferid

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »
I couldn;t won similev when I was tier 4  :D

Cuorion

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Just fought it for the first time.
I did lose, I brought the epic guy down to his half though.
And he landed a 6k critical hit on my second tank, 1-shooting him.

I'm gonna go get 3-4 levels and equip my mercs better and go try again.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:00:46 PM by Cuorion »

Offline Ali75

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »
No way! i tried again. i think is impossible to kill for players tier 4!!!! why assign an epic boss so strong as final boss for tier 4 if no one can kill him???!?!?!?!!?