Author Topic: Agility, block and evasion  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Bate_Borisov

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Agility, block and evasion
« on: March 21, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
I have some questions about chances calculation:

1. How much are block's and evasion's max values? I found two posts, one saying 75% for each, and the other
Hit evasion and Block chances will be changed to 75% and 60%, instead of the previous 65% and 50%.
(http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=13696.0 from January 17th, 2011).

2. I've found an announcement saying 10 agility no longer gives +1 block chance (http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=824.0 from May 15, 2009), but my character screen claims the opposite. What's the current situation? Does agility increase block chance?

3. When reducing enemy crit chance, is agility compared to enemy's dexterity (like for hit chance), or it's independent on it? (http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=11025.0)

Thanks in advance!

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Agility, block and evasion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
1.block chance is max 60% and evasion chance 75%.
2. not, agility increases only evasiness.
3. when the battle starts, the critic chance decreases in relation with the foe's agility. example: X's critic chance=45% Y's agility=400
10 agility=-1 critic chance so X's critic chance will become (only for this battle) 5% (45-40=5)

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
I agree with robiolastex except 3. where I am not sure. I read 2 versions :

a, each 10 agility points lowering cahnce for critical hit by 1%

b, each 10 agility points lowering chance for critical hit by 1,5%

In addition in official manual "How To Play" is NOTHING mentioned about agility lowering chance for critical hit.
I put question in game "Ask for Help" to IH team what is correct.

Jan

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
now i control in the game, wait a moment

EDIT:
well i met two cases:
1. againist a barbarian with my same tier, and with 40 agility, my critic chance decreases from 47 to 44 and againist another barbarian with 80 agility it decreases from 47 to 38, so 1 agility= -1 ⁺₋ 0,5% on critic.
2. againist a ranger with 136% of critic, my 1018 agility set it to 0, so 1 agility=from about -1,3% to -1,5%...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:49:54 PM by robiolastex »

Offline Bate_Borisov

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
Thanks for the answers  :) I have two more questions :D

When an enemy attack isn't evaded but it is blocked, it still counts as a hit (as far as I understand). My questions are:

1. Does the minimum hit chance of 35% (http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=11025.0) refer to before or after the blocking effect. I mean, if the enemy has minimum hit chance (35%), and you have X% block, will you take damage (0,35*(100%-X%)) of the time, or 35% of the time?

2. Can blocked hits trigger proc effects, like Ranger's Poison or Blind?

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
ok these are more complex, but i try to answer:
ok, i start saying that the block counts as a kind of evasion. now i can answer to your questions:
1. well, the first chance that is applied is the block, then if the block hasn't success, the evasiness chance is applied (almost as critical crafting chance, namely, if the item isn't epic, the game "launch the nuts" for see if it's legendary, if it isn't legendary...)
2. i'm not english and i don't know the abbreviations, so please, can you write right all words?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:05:50 PM by robiolastex »

Offline Bate_Borisov

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »
I haven't formulated my first question correctly too. Sorry for that :)

In my first question I wanted to ask when it starts to be useless to stack more block and evasion. As the opponent has 35% minimum hit chance, there should be a moment when increasing your evasion and block stops having effect on the battle. There some possible ways to calculate this that I can think of, but I'm not sure. I'll write them so you can tell me if some of them is the right one :)

If we assume the opponent has not put points into dexterity, and has no +dexterity or +hit chance from skills or items, and you have enough more agility than his dexterity to make him hit with the minimum 35% hit chance. Let's say you have 60% chance to block and 75% chance to evade (after all reductions - from enemy strength, dexterity, debuffs, etc.) When he tries an attack against you, there are four possibilities to calculate:

1) Your block is applied first. You have 60% chance to block, so you have 40% chance not to block.
Then comes your evasion. You have 25% chance not to evade.
So your chance to both not block and not evade is 0,40*0,25=0,10=10%. In other words, the enemy will damage you 10% of the time.
Block : Evade : Hit = 60% : 30% : 10%.
But where does the 35% minimum hit chance take effect? :(

2) Your block is applied first. You have 60% chance to block, so you have 40% chance not to block.
As the enemy can hit you minimum 35% of the time, this percentage takes priority before calculating your evade chance. So you can evade at most 100%-60%-35%=5% of the attacks. 5%<75%, so you'll evade 5% of the times.
Block : Evade : Hit = 60% : 5% : 35%.

3) Your chance to be hit is calculated, you would be hit 10% of the time. Then that is scaled to 35%, with your block and evade chances scaled proportionally:
Block : Evade : Hit = 43,33% : 21,66% : 35%.

4) Another type of calculation.

Those four possibilities would lead into different ways to achieve max Block & Evasion. If the first is true, as Pooh Bear says, "The more, the more" :D If the second or third is right, then you should aim for (Block Chance + Evade Chance)=65%. If the fourth is right, there should be some other way to decide how much block and evasion to have.

About my second question: Let's say I play a Ghost Stalker and I have the Blind and Poison abilities. If I block an enemy attack, will I have a chance to blind the enemy (since a blocked hit is a type of hit)? And the same about Poison: if the enemy blocks my attack, will I have a chance to poison him? (If so, then I shouldn't want to reduce his block chance for example, but only his evade chance.)

Thanks for reading if you have come so far *hihi* And for answering too :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:02:26 PM by Bate_Borisov »

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
 Man,

Do not forget 35% minimal hit chance was in time when maximal evade was 65% ( 35+65 = 100 ), now when maximal evade was upgraded to 75% is minimal hit chance 25%  ( 25+75 = 100 ). It is clearly visible in battle report when your hits fail it is xx/25 ( xx is random number from 1 to 99 ) secong number is never smaller than 25 so minimal hit chance is just now 25%.

I think first is evade, then block - it seems to be more logic for me LOL ( in reality I need not block hit which was evaded, only hit which goes to damage me ), but I will check it in battle report. In fact is not important what comes as first. Real minimal theoretical AVERAGE chance is 0,4 ( go through block ) x 0,25 ( go through maximal evading ) = 0,1 

But believe me, forget about numbers and play game .... in other case you will be frustrated as me when final dungeon epic enemy with dexterity 100, hits me on first attempt 9 from 11 attempts ( my agility is close to 900 ), although he has "minimal" chance for hit = 25%. Because we are always speaking about AVERAGE chances and exact ones are really different. In fact - FACTOR OF LUCK - is so high in this game, I stopped focusing on every possible way to upgrade items on my hero.

Jany

Offline Bate_Borisov

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »
Thanks, I was mistaken about minimal hit chance :) But I'm new to the game, so when I find an old post at the forum it's new to me and I sometimes get wrong :)
It's good to find out which is checked first - block or evasion, because this could affect some skills' proc chances.