Author Topic: This game is getting really annoying  (Read 9412 times)

Offline catea_iv

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
This game is getting really annoying
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:00:59 PM »
Honestly? i am sick of this game... it's way too frustrating...
i am a jeweler and a stone cutter. The other guild members have already reached tier 2 in their professions and i am still stuck with a pathetic under 30 for each profession. why? cause there are no bloody stones in the tier one locations.
so for the last couple of days i worked my ass off to get to tier 2 location just to discover that i can extract just one stone at the time, if i am lucky...
i know that english is not my first language, but when i see min 1 - max 1 it means that i am guaranteed to extract at least one stone.... or am i getting something wrong? but if i go digging and i get nothing this means there is a minimum of ZERO.
so after losing at least 3 AP no one wants to even buy the bloody rings, so i have to sell them to the shop for a miserable 25 gold pieces.
Either fix this, or i am pretty sure that your future customers will get sick of this game in less then a month.

Oton

Re: This game is getting really annoying
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
You have a certain % to gather 1-1 gemstone.
Gemstones are rare by default, because they are most rewarding. Both in CP and gold.
Seek for buyers on the Auction, selling crafted stuff to NPC would be your last possible option. It's enough to sell 2 or 3 rings or amulet, to get rich. Adapt to the gameplay, don't ask the world to change just to make you feel more comfortable.
There are 40 people max in this alpha test, therefore you cannot expect there will be a properly working market.
If there are 5000 people in this realm, there will be market for everything.

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
Although I agree with some of your points, Oton, somehow I have my doubts that +2 Strength rings will ever sell well on the market.

Offline catea_iv

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »
so 75 gold pieces is rich? :)
i have to pay my merc 12 pieces for each time i take him with me.

before i can get those amulets done i have to beg the guild members to get me copper, and all i hear is, leave me alone cause i can't get any coal. and don't try to tell me that my guild members are bad, cause it's my own mother that tells me to leave her alone with my begging.

all this just makes crafting an very unprofitable pass time

Oton

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
so 75 gold pieces is rich? :)
i have to pay my merc 12 pieces for each time i take him with me.

before i can get those amulets done i have to beg the guild members to get me copper, and all i hear is, leave me alone cause i can't get any coal. and don't try to tell me that my guild members are bad, cause it's my own mother that tells me to leave her alone with my begging.

all this just makes crafting an very unprofitable pass time
You don't read my posts well.
I didn't talk about selling the jewelry to NPC for profit.
You can never get rich that way.

Don't forget that a lot of the modules still don't work.
We are still in alpha phase.
Saying that, I can tell you, Catea, that there are some players that actually manage to sell their rings and amulets on the auction for quite a hefty profit.

When all the modules work and when you have enough players, there will be people who will make a living only by selling raw materials on the auction.
Others will make a living by just sitting on this auction, buying raw materials and craft them and then selling them on the auction. Yes, the margin will be significantly lower, but then again, all the players shall make money.

If there is not enough supply in your guild, Catea, perhaps the guild needs more players that are dedicated into supplying.
Again, adapt.
No one said it will be an easy game.
If we all become Crafting Masters in one day, what will be the point?

Offline catea_iv

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »
just out of curiosity, what kind of player would you be? ???

Fair enough Oton, maybe at some stage the game will get better, meanwhile i will get ready for my exams and maybe return when the game gets less frustrating.

Sorry.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »

Fair enough Oton, maybe at some stage the game will get better, meanwhile i will get ready for my exams and maybe return when the game gets less frustrating.

Sorry.

You are completely missing the point by expecting to get everything in a week. I believe you started later then the rest of us. Then you are a mystic, a character whose strength is not in fighting and you use a merc so you get less experience and lose money.

Possibly the worst strategy if you want to advance fast up in tiers. Become a ranger, then you will reach tier 2 easily 4-5 days.  Next thing is, dont expect to become best at Fighting AND crafting at the same time. Do one or the other. Jeweller/stonecutters is about the most dependant profession as well - mining stones is difficult and you need ingots as well so you have to ask people constantly. Choose something like miner/weaponsmith or carpenter/weaponsmith - then you can gather and craft almost on your own.

Explore options, catea, there is more to this game than you can see just by following one road.

Oton

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:01:46 PM »

Sorry.

I'm a Mystic, Armorer+Tanner.

I suck as a fighter, on lvl 11 I'm still hunting Tier 1 animals for skins, I'm going slowly, because I know there are lots of stuff that still doesn't work, plus, I'm testing numerous Tier 1 dungeons, by fighting them over and over to analyze their level design.
Given this, I managed to open Tier 2 crafting recipes and advancing towards opening the rare chances in Tier 1 recipes.
I have a bunch of players in my guild that supply my regularly not only with materials, but with weapons, potions, etc.
I make Tier 2 armor which I sell for 90 gold in NPC shops, because I'm too lazy to have it auctioned.
But that's me.
All my gold I spend for potions and food.
So far I haven't spent any gold for equipment. Everything I wear, has come as a gift from my higher level guild mates.

Offline IrishFairy

• Mystic in life and in game
  • Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
I'm a Mystic, Armorer+Tanner.

I suck as a fighter, on lvl 11 I'm still hunting Tier 1 animals for skins, I'm going slowly, because I know there are lots of stuff that still doesn't work, plus, I'm testing numerous Tier 1 dungeons, by fighting them over and over to analyze their level design.
Given this, I managed to open Tier 2 crafting recipes and advancing towards opening the rare chances in Tier 1 recipes.
I have a bunch of players in my guild that supply my regularly not only with materials, but with weapons, potions, etc.
I make Tier 2 armor which I sell for 90 gold in NPC shops, because I'm too lazy to have it auctioned.
But that's me.
All my gold I spend for potions and food.
So far I haven't spent any gold for equipment. Everything I wear, has come as a gift from my higher level guild mates.

I am a Mystic and Armorer +Tanner too... and I have the same problems as you. But Tanner is easy to be because of a lot of Hides coming for free from everyone. At moment I have in my stash 50 light leathers that I am crafting only to make some room in my stash. but I am not crafting all my Light Hides now because the counter for over 200 CP in Tanner  Tier 1 is not working right and I am waiting it to be fixed.
But not everyone can be an armorer + Tanner. Guild needs different professions, and at least 1 advanced Armorer, 1 Weaponsmith and 1 Jeweler. And all of them should have equal possibilities to develop their skills. I started a new character and try to specialize him as miner and I think that when a miner or a stonecutter finds some resources, to their experience should be added at least 1 CP. If a Tanner is going hunting against all these beasts, he gets very often a hide + experience points in exchange for his AP. When a miner or a stonecutter waste their AP for nothing, it is not right. Now, to make an Copper Ingot, a miner has to go digging at least 2 times.: one time for ore(1AP) and another time for coal(1AP). After this he has to craft the Ingot (1AP.... As you see, if the miner is lucky and finds all resources from the first attempt, his ingot still costs him 3 AP. And a Tanner gets his Leather for 1 AP. The same is worth a stonecutter that get 1 CP in exchange for at least 2 AP.

Now here is a big disbalance and inequity. May be because you are a Tanner, you just don't want to see it Oton? It suits your game, but brings a lot of harm for development of other professions. And, as I wrote, a Guild needs all 3 professions to be developed inside of it.

As about catea, she really left her account on my care. And I tried to play as a jeweler too in the last 12 hours.

Now I have possibility to try all 3 professions myself and I can tell you for sure that if I will arrange them on base of easiness I will have the following:

1. Tanner
2. Stonecutter
3. Miner

If to arange them by profit, AT MOMENT, we have this:

1. Armorsmith
2. Weaponsmith
3. Jeweler.

It means your profession, Oton, is easy and profitable. Lucky you, but let think about other players too and do some changes to improve their situation and to have balance in the game.

Give at least CP for finding row materials, because I see it as an important part in their work. Also, when they achieve 200 CP or more for a Tier, increase their chance in finding row matrials.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:16:39 PM by IrishFairy »