Author Topic: Item class - shown in popup  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Item class - shown in popup
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:13:16 AM »
Rather than saying whether the item works for your class or not, why not state exactly which class the item is made for?

not helpful....

very helpful....

This way, people know what class the item suits BEFORE they buy it from the market - no more guessing!!!
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Item class - shown in popup
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
well there is a small problem with that - for example some armor can be worn by all classes - like the armor for a mystic in tier 3 - a warrior CAN wear it but I wouldnt considering I can wear a full plate.

The same applies to weapons - a mystic can use a crossbow but why would they if they can have a battling staff ;)

Offline Ashaman

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
Well i'd think that the problem is not for an item that works for ur class but for an item that does not work at all for u. Then it should be better maybe to explain for what class is this item. For instance i wanted to buy some items to equip a ranger merc but since i have never had a ranger merc i cannot recognise what item i should buy for him/her. Ofcourse i can understand that throwing knives or a bow is for a ranger. But what about helmets? Or Gloves? etc... How do i know which of the ones for sale are for a ranger and not for a warrior?

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
if you want to buy items in NPC shops you can change into that merc and you will see its possible wear that item for him or not. in auction house you have filtering browse by category. and now, mystic can wear only light equipment, ranger medium equipment and warrior heavy equipment. and you need to remember that only warrior guardian can use heavy shields. maybe in future this description system will change but for now isnt bad, if you know what you are looking for 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »
Well i'd think that the problem is not for an item that works for ur class but for an item that does not work at all for u. Then it should be better maybe to explain for what class is this item. For instance i wanted to buy some items to equip a ranger merc but since i have never had a ranger merc i cannot recognise what item i should buy for him/her. Ofcourse i can understand that throwing knives or a bow is for a ranger. But what about helmets? Or Gloves? etc... How do i know which of the ones for sale are for a ranger and not for a warrior?

I know that if you are not that particular class its not easy - but the problem remains that most of the things can be equipped by 2 or more classes !

The best way to remember is that things out of metal are mostly for warriors, especially if it says plate on them  - iron plate armor, gloves, helmet, etc. The rangers are a bit trickier - in tier 2, they cant wear metal until they reach level 15, but after that they wear same equipment as warriors. In tier 3, most of the medium armors for them are made of metal but they say - chainmail, not plate - this applies to helmet, gloves, etc. Mystics always or almost always wear stuff made out of leather, they are the most restricted.