Author Topic: merc skills  (Read 1433 times)

snif

merc skills
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »
Hi all, I read that mercs gain attributes points as they increase in lvls, but do their existing skills increase as well? or do I need every tier to re-hire mercs?
is there a reason to keeping a merc? I ask because I have a merc who I took from lvl 5 to 15.....

Cuorion

Re: merc skills
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:23:25 AM »
No, their skills remain the same as what they had when you recruited them. They are "tools", not heroes.

Crassus

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »
Since they don't get any new skill points, it's almost sure that at the next tier you will be able to find much better mercs. The only reason someone want to keep his merc to the next tier is, the luck of gold. Since at the next tier mercs are more powerful, they cost more. Another reason for not keeping your mercs is the equipment. To equip them with a better one, you have to upgrade them (thus invest some money) and since they are below x5 level of the tier, then they will not be able to equipped with the "good" x8 or x9 level items...

General directions: When you reach the next tier change your mercs, do it having in mind what you are looking for (skills/class), always to be x7 level and up, be patient until you find the best ones, equip them the best your pocket can effort. When you reach x5 level buy new equipment for your hero (until then keep the best items you can from the previous tier)...

snif

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
I find it ashame that no random skill points are being generated, if I would have know I would change my merc long time ago... (lvl 15 with 2 mercs i got in lvl 5...).
reading this, I see no reason for keeping my merc beyond my current tier.... and especially no  reason to upgrade their tier.... i'll just look now for some lvl 18-19 mercs.

One thing I did not understand from your comment is the X5 X7 explanation.... could you please simplify that?

Crassus

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
x5 is level 05, 15, 25 etc. replace x with (tier-1)...
If you are at tier 4 then x5 for you means 4-1=3-> 35 level.
If you are at tier 2 then x8 for you means 2-1=1-> 18 level.
it's a way to generalize a rule to all tiers, without saying all the above each time :)