Author Topic: Deposit for digging  (Read 1655 times)

Offline snif

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
Deposit for digging
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
suddenly I noticed that before I start digging, I see the following: Deposit for digging

why is it there? is it an amount i need to pay just for digging? if its a deposit, against what? and under which conditions do I get it back?

also noticed that for digging for resources in the same place have a different value per resource... how is that calculated?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:24:17 PM by snif »

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Deposit for digging
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »
The Ruler Guild can issue a tax in gold upon all the resources that are mined in a province, which is in "Civilized" mode.

Calculation of the mining tax in a Civilized Province

1. The hero, who will mine certain resource, deposits a sum of gold to the Ruler Guild, which is equal to the maximum possible amount of resources for any given AP amount, multiplied by the average resource auction price for the previous day. The gold must be present in the hero's purse, in order to be deposited.
2. If the hero has not managed to extract the maximum possible amount of resource, the difference will be refunded to him, and everything else will be added to the Ruler Guild's Treasury.
3. If the hero is engaged during his mining, his entire gold deposit will be refunded to him, meaning - the Ruler Guild will not receive anything.
4. The tax amount can vary between 0% and 30% from the base sum, as it is in 1.

Example:

The hero wants to mine Coal for 30 Action Points, which mining amount is 2-4 and its average auction price for the previous day was 200, with the Mining Tax set to 30%.
The maximum possible amount of extracted Coal will be 120.
Meaning, the deposit will be (120x200)x30%=8000 Gold.
If the hero manages to mine 100 Coal, the Ruler Guild will receive 6000 Gold, and 2000 Gold will be refunded to the miner.

Offline snif

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
Re: Deposit for digging
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »
OK... now its clear (although really annoying).
the developers should exclude from this tax, digging which are derived by storylines.
As a stonecutter I need to find like 30 opals in a red province, and ofc, the chances for that in the specific place is extremly low...
this mean that not only have to spend like 100+++ AP  to gather them, but I also need to pay for the right to dig there. and worst of all, resources that I find, I cannot keep since I need to give them to the tavern guy... so its a triple loss - no resources, no AP, and the money... pffff