Author Topic: stonecutter  (Read 1745 times)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
stonecutter
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:06:09 AM »
search gave me no response to my question, so I`m asking again. whats current stonecutter bonus for 100CP? miner have +1 to max in digging, stonecutter have...? nothing?

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: stonecutter
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »
search gave me no response to my question, so I`m asking again. whats current stonecutter bonus for 100CP? miner have +1 to max in digging, stonecutter have...? nothing?

Stonecutters have the possibility of crafting critical quantities, which is very important when it comes to gems. They can not dig more gems, but they can cut more gems from the same quantities as other - not so proficient stonecutters.

Meaning. You collect 1 agate but if you have 100 CP you can only cut 1 agate gem. If you have 300 CP, then you can cut 1, 2, 3 even more agate gems, depends on your luck.

Another important thing is that I have found recently that the chance to cut gems in jewellers is affected by equipping a magical tool. So..if you have 400 CP AND a magical tool, your chance to craft X4 quantities is 10%... The other day, our jeweller cut from 24 pearls, 50 pearl gems.

THAT is the advantage :)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »
thx for explanation... pretty smart mechanic.
so, when I have 200CP (not 100?) in tier 1, I have chance to cut more than 1 gem. but when I will cut that gem by tier 2 (lets say 20CP) - to fill tier 2 too, I can cut just one gem. I`m I right? now I omit sapphire and higher...

and magical tool, you mean jeweller tool? its working not only for jeweller profession?

Cuorion

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »
Yeah, same tool for jewelcrafting but the magical is the yellow one.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 01:14:20 AM »
thx for explanation... pretty smart mechanic.
so, when I have 200CP (not 100?) in tier 1, I have chance to cut more than 1 gem. but when I will cut that gem by tier 2 (lets say 20CP) - to fill tier 2 too, I can cut just one gem. I`m I right? now I omit sapphire and higher...

and magical tool, you mean jeweller tool? its working not only for jeweller profession?

Yes, when you have 200 CP you have a chance to cut extra gems. That is for every tier. The thing about jewellers is that you can gain crafting points by cutting the same gems, no matter which tier you are - tier 1 or tier 5, the stones are still agate, emerald, opal and topaz +1 special stone for each tier (sapphire, ruby, pearl and obsidian).

This I see as somewhat of an advantage, because you can dig such stones in all provinces (tier 2 and up). And you can cut them to level up as a stonecutter even in tier 5 ! Now, that is something that you will never find with miners for example, the chance to dig very rich iron ore, can not at all be compared to digging coal. So, I find it a bit easier perhaps to level up as a jeweller and that might be one more reason why you have no additional advantage in digging stone - because it is easier and if you could also dig extra quantities, the advantage would simply be too big.