Author Topic: bug again  (Read 2649 times)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
bug again
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
during battle in the mid multistage dungeon suddenly become impossible to choose mercenaryes to fight. they all were alive, no problem with them. damn! I suppose wasted AP and potions/food will noone return to me. thx a lot!

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: bug again
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:19:47 PM »
during battle in the mid multistage dungeon suddenly become impossible to choose mercenaryes to fight. they all were alive, no problem with them. damn! I suppose wasted AP and potions/food will noone return to me. thx a lot!

I suggest taking a screenshot or at least mentioning the name of the dungeon where this occurred. By the way, did you have enough gold to pay their wages :)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:56:51 PM »
yes, I had lot of gold.
it was at sonoria, in dungeon you should hunt cat... at about 5 or 6th lvl (of 8)

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
no, it will not. desired mercs was engaged. and I was fighting with them in this dungeon some lvl before.

Cuorion

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
Happened to me in Sonoria's Hooded Ones. I had 3 mercs engaged, first used them at stage 3 (all of them), didn't use them at stage 4 and they became unavailable at stage 5. I fought 5 alone just in case they "stuck" but they are unavailable at stage 6 as well. The following screenshots show their life and their status at the same time.

I have 6106 gold on me and my mercs' wages worth 51 gold alltogether.
I think I'll leave my character there so you guys can see the problem live. ???
Character name is Cuorion, Realm 2.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:42:23 PM by Cuorion »

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
From in-game news (Archive->Mercenaries Changes):
3. The mercenaries that the hero chooses (if he chooses any at all) at the beginning of a multi-staged dungeon, will accompany him throughout all the stages. The hero will not be able to choose other mercenaries for the different stages of the dungeon.

This means that if you choose only one of them at the start you will not have access to the rest of them until you return to town.
Also if you select 4 at some point of multi-stage dungeon and at next battle select just one the other 3 are becoming unavailable...
But this is enabled after you choose some merc, if you are fighting alone and then at stage 4 you want to use merc you are able to do so, but you are activating the rule 3.

Cuorion

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
Since it states the "Beginning" of the dungeon, shouldn't they be unavailable from the beginning?
(I fought 1/10 alone).

Crassus

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
What to say or is given the new rule wrong, or the bug is "located" elsewhere.... Give it a try and you will see.

EDIT:Cuorion we are going at Ch.R. right now without you  :P :P CU
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:09:38 PM by Crassus »

Cuorion

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't call it a critical bug. Things obviously don't work the exact way they were anounced to work. I mean, if there is one reason I can think that mercenaries change the way they worked in multistage dungeons, it is that they can't be around to fight with you if they didn't follow you in there in the first place. So they should become unavailable from the second round.