Author Topic: Mass Messaging  (Read 5622 times)

Offline SaintBasil

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Mass Messaging
« on: June 12, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
How do I send the same message to all my guildies?  I'm guessing that feature does not exist?  Please advise, Thanks.

chegewara

Re: Mass Messaging
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
copy - paste or use guild forum 8)

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »
so, no, it doesn`t exists :( kind of annoying

copy pasting a message to 20+ people isn`t very good and using forum can make one lose time if the message is urgent. i don`t want to imagine how people will make parties without mass chat, not just in guild
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:40:10 PM by k_mihai »
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro
"Take what you can, give nothing back"

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
if you have better way to communicate, not copy - paste or guild forum, please tell us. i dont play so long like you in massive online games then i cant to know all possibilities 8)

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
hmm, mass message available for all guild, like IO does? or realm chat, or guild and party chat, isn`t that difficult to figure that out and should be achievable, otherwise, it would be difficult to play, especially for players without big guilds

or another option, Teamspeak 2 or Ventrilo, but that depends on players. or a messenger. or guilds can make their own forum on public domains.

Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »
if you have better way to communicate, not copy - paste or guild forum, please tell us. i dont play so long like you in massive online games then i cant to know all possibilities 8)

No need for irony :) Thats exactly what Mihai is trying to say, there is not a really good way :) I used to copy paste in the beginning but there is 25 people in the guild and I just get tired if I have to tell everyone. The chat is OK but I have problems with it sometimes as it doesnt display messages i have received especially if I am talking with someone. I also think a more effective way to communicate will have to be thought of especially when party fighting comes.

chegewara

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:13 AM »
this is not irony. IH is my second game, first is IO, and i play about 6 months. i know what he want to tell and i agree but question was: how you communicate now and is there mass messaging, not what is best communication ever 8)

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:16:04 AM »
there isn`t a mass message, you smart one
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
this is not irony. IH is my second game, first is IO, and i play about 6 months. i know what he want to tell and i agree but question was: how you communicate now and is there mass messaging, not what is best communication ever 8)

Ok then, sorry :) I have no experience also outside of these 2 games so I cant help but I think if we have mass message like IO, it would be great. For now I usually write in chat to people because its easily noticeable. I think the new way of noticing new topics in guild forum immediately might also make it better to communicate there if you have like 25 people in your guild.

chegewara

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »
i agree with that. and maybe something like groups or option to chose to who you want write from friends list 8)

Offline Baldric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
This game has potential but it needs a lot of work from what I`ve seen so far but of course that`s why it`s called beta testing.
I don`t have a guild so I wouldn`t know much about messaging but a good option would be to just send a message to the whole guild using a 'send to guild members' button or whatever you wanna call it.

The chat also seems like it could use some upgrading.
But what I think is the most important thing this game lacks is a guide for newcomers.

I have a lot of questions that need to be answered and I don`t have a lot of places to find out the answers. Some of those questions were answered to by going through this part of the forum but it isn`t actually easy going through 16 pages and looking for answers in every topic.  :P

Also I am having troubles figuring out how do delete my second character - if someone could help me I would really appreciate it.  ;D

chegewara

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 01:21:40 AM »
you cant delete character, there is not reason to delete it, just dont login on account 8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:41:20 AM by chegewara »

Offline Baldric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 02:07:14 AM »
There should be an option. Maybe I don`t like the hero I have and want to make a new character with the same e-mail.

Thanks for answering.:)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:56 AM »
There should be an option. Maybe I don`t like the hero I have and want to make a new character with the same e-mail.

Thanks for answering.:)

Trust me, that s never going to be a priority in the game - I find it an easy solution to just forget about the hero you dont want...its not that hard to have 2 email account so you can use an alternate for your second hero.

Offline Baldric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
I know. It`s not a big problem. I just thought that since most other games had it, it shouldn`t be hard to install but nevermind...