Author Topic: Fast Potion use...  (Read 2414 times)

Crassus

Fast Potion use...
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
It's been some time since i didn't suggest anything...
Next to health and spirit bar could be positioned 2 potion buttons... It will be a health and a spirit potion bottles and when you leave your cursor upon them, it will say what potion it will use from your inventory. This way you click there and you are healed without opening the inventory menu...

The "formula" of the potion it will be used can be something like this:
Checks inventory for potions find the one that can't overcome the max hp/sp and gives the most points, and if there is no such potion then selects the one with the less points of recovery potion.

And if we want to go wild with this one the buttons could be more and do the same to your mercs too...

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: Fast Potion use...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
Nice, very nice... But I think it is a lot of work to do, for programmers... I mean, a lot of diagrams and mathematical equations  *WRITE* (this is my imagination about creating a website  :)),  to make the suggestion in reality...

Sheremetev

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »
If there were twelve buttons, they would have to be put in a small menu too.
Why not put those fast HP/SP buttons next to the mercs (and hero) in the battle zone menu instead? I guess there is enough place for two small "+" buttons (three if you want an "instant recovery for 1 diamond" option).

But I like the idea of making the game more and more convenient. I have suggested a "Move to guild stash" button in the Cache menu.

(I just hope that if the developers approve of the idea programmers won't abuse their web skills to ruin my karma score in the forum)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:23:40 PM by Sheremetev »

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
Nice, very nice... But I think it is a lot of work to do, for programmers... I mean, a lot of diagrams and mathematical equations  *WRITE* (this is my imagination about creating a website  :)),  to make the suggestion in reality...

Well there are not many maths... Only an repeated If/else if command (at least at C++ don't know Java).
And Sheremetev placed those icons at better place than me...
The only issue I see to this one is that after a "Fast Potion use" the page have to reload to load the new changes both to hp/sp and potion stock...

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
Maybe then not something like Sheremetev's post with "+"s but checkboxes instead and an "Apply Potions and Fight" button next to "Fight" that would apply them and go straight to battle instead of just refreshing the page.

In any case, I give my full support on this suggestion. :)
Less page reloads = success. :D

P.S.: I'm taking a little too far maybe, but the game could show us a box with each merc's HP/MP when hovering (or clicking) the mouse button over (or at) each merc's name.

Edit: Instead of an automated system, there could be some small settings menu that would allow players set what regenerate item each hero/merc would use. In that case, it would be more useful to have a numeric box* there instead of a checkbox so the player could multi use potions as well.
*I don't know if that's the right way to call it, I mean a box where the player can type a number.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:08:51 PM by Cuorion »