Author Topic: New Item Bonuses  (Read 2971 times)

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
New Item Bonuses
« on: March 29, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »
New Items Bonuses 2010-03-29 14:29:40
New equipment skill bonuses have been deployed, which are, as follows:

Poison
Crushing Blow
Counterattack
Shield Bash
Retaliate
Ambush
Burning Arrow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understood that new bonuses will aply to equipment ( which one ? weapon ? armor ? ). It will be new recipes with new bonuses or bonuses will be present only on items won in fights or ???  Will be bonuses available also or only to crafted items ? If yes, what with already crafted items, they stay without bonuses  :'( ? Or new bonuses will be only for "green" items ?

I think I will very thankfully accept more information.

Jany

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Re: New Item Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
So far I crafted (4) bows with +skill on them. I also seen a shield on auction that has +skill on it. Problem is that , for me at least, they looked bugged. I see "str_skill +2" instead of the actual skill. I could the skill on my bows when I crafted them this morning but not now. Now I see "str_skill_2" instead. The shield on auction doesen;t even have a number for the skill. I don't know why.

As far as I seen the basic skills (like poison for example) can be higher than 1 (poison+3 for example) and advanced skill just +1 (flaming arrow).
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline juanchote

• muahahahaha!
  • Tier 4
  • no toques ese signo negativo!! toca el positivo!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:51:35 PM »
Yes the bonuses applies in all items that you craft see:

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »

Far from me to criticizing things just for the heck of it but those two don't make sense at all. Maybe you can make sure that the skills implemented on items actually land on "proper" items. Like those two (Ambush and Retaliate) only on throwing daggers/javelins (and maybe daggers) ? Since no sane Ghost Hunter would use bows. Same goes for the other implemented skills. Otherwise is just waste of "bonus" and you can sell the crafted items to the vendor.

Edited P.S.

This illustrates even better that the good idea has poor implementation. The item is just as good as a rare except is yellow. :( I'd rather have the skills back out than getting items like this one.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:20:24 PM by DMDM »
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »
I'm not going to say that this was entirely a mistake (to put those skills on those particular weapons), but it is possible that what the programmers are doing is offering the use of those different skills to the other classes.

For instance, I have a Shadow Hunter ranger, so I don't get to develop Ambush, but I would always welcome the chance to give more critical hits, which is what Ambush does.
That being said, Retaliate can only be used with Evade, and since Shadow Hunters are the typical users of Bows and they don't have Evade, that skill might be a mistake to use for this type of bonus.

So, I would be supportive of the inclusion of the other skills provided that they don't require a second skill that we may not have.

(btw, I already have Eagle Eye topped-up, so if there was an awesome bow with a few points on 'Stealth', that would let me attack from a different province entirely!!  8) )
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »
As i have been told, those items give skill, no matter you can learn it or not because of your class.
So it just gives you skill you normally cant have. So you can have poison as warrior...

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
 You still have a skill that won't work. Shield bashing with no shield equipped. I reckon retaliate skill description is pretty clear. In the sense that it refers to the action of evading (not getting hit) as opposed to using the actual skill, which is basically a static bonus to "not getting hit".

However, when I'm saying that I think there are wrongfully, misplaced added bonuses I mean that +3 Poison on top of 10/13 Poison (for Rangers) is 30% chance increase whereas +3 Poison on top of 0/13 is 8% increase. I very highly doubt anyone would take that (8% chance of poisoning) over 10-15% crit rate, an attribute bonus, static damage bonus to min/max damage or why not +% damage which are the old choices of extra-bonuses. If_you_ask_me it doesn't make much sense.

Offline aqif kastraveci

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »
i neeeed gooooooooooooooooooooooold can u make thet we gain a bit moor gold from the work only 4 to repair needet moor then what we get in 24 h from attacks and work .

Cuorion

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »
You still have a skill that won't work. Shield bashing with no shield equipped. I reckon retaliate skill description is pretty clear. In the sense that it refers to the action of evading (not getting hit) as opposed to using the actual skill, which is basically a static bonus to "not getting hit".

In my opinion this is normal. How many times have you seen a shield offer agility bonus? How many times have you seen a bow give strength bonus? Or is the bonus given against a special enemy useful for everyone? The point is that even among same quality items, there should be a difference in usefulness, so "flawless" items can enjoy the value they deserve. Yes, shield bashing with no shield looks funny, but not funnier than that spirit bonus on my necklace (since I am a passive master and use no spirit).

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 01:38:14 PM »
Does the new item skills stack on top of skills we already have.

For example i have counter-attack 6/6, and i get wepon with counter attack + 2, will i have 8/6 counter attack ?