Author Topic: Do something for free users too...  (Read 4462 times)

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Do something for free users too...
« on: April 10, 2010, 06:38:32 AM »
Sorry but as i am playing this game as a free user....I don't understand what to do when there is no action points ? We have to wait long time to attack.

When i start this game i really like it but day by day its becoming more n more boring. Every aspect of this game needs Gold, action point or Diamonds. Its ok that u make this game to earn but free users r key to get success n fame.

Ur Imperia Online game is nice as Credits r only for few things like 10 hour production, vac mod, construction hours & main thing is its not stopping game play of free or premium user & that's the key of Imperia Online success.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO MY SUGGESTIONS............

Remove this action points & better decrease Experience point from battles or Increase the Experience amount for the next level so that game not going to look boring.

About Diamonds & rare/set/magical Items.... set some difficult side quests for this items as many things in this game needs diamonds so better u give other ways to earn diamonds [Not lots of diamonds but few]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the game idea & all over looks but its quite boring right now at least for free users coz new quest time or New items time was too long as well for everything we want action points or diamonds which is not possible for every1 :(   

I am on level 5 & I hired level 5 merc. which requires 5 gold for every battle + it requires all stuff like weapon, armor & other things now tell if i am getting 5/6 gold par battle how i am going to buy this all stuff as a free user ?  :(

============================================================

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Re: Do something for free users too...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »
Pick up a profession. It's that simple. Light skins sell for tons. Coal sells for tons. Copper ore sells well as well. Do some gathering for a few days and you will be able to buy everything you need, pay your merc(s) and alike.

P.S.

Why would you hire merc(s) at level 5 ? If you ask me, using merc(s) before the first multidungeons in Tier 2 is a big waste of experience and gold. Take my advice (or don't) and try and solo your way through content until there. In the mean time look every reset at the 4 taverns for ranger mercs with a. as high level as possible b. as high "Critical hit" as possible, regardless of your class. You'll have a smooth ride to Tier 3 :)
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
ya u r right about merc but as i am new to this game trying new things. About gold earning u r right but i am getting 1 action point par hour so what should i do with that 1 action point.

1] If i accept quest then i have to kill 2/3 enemies so need 2/3 action points.

2] Dig needs 1 action point too so I am getting 1/2 units from par dig.

3] I also want to craft as well there is a mission to make 4 copper magot so i have to keep those stuff from dig.

Lots of things but no action points. Waiting 1 hour just for 1 action points is really boring. If u r a premium member just play without using Diamonds & see how boaring game is for free users.

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
You don't have to wait in front of the computer for the action points you know ? Go outside, it's spring !
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
 :D  thats the thing i am doing right now but i want to play & game is not small that its going to complete withing 2 days if i play cont.

My suggestion is to IH team that lets increase the points which need to gain next level & remove that action point system. Its ok for dig but not for battles.

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
Even if i wait for 10 hours then i am getting 10 action points which is i think nothing coz spending them need only few minutes so  :(

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
Look at you DMDM, you sound like me now! :D

Seriously now, DMDM is right. IH is not the kind of game you're gonna be playing for hours straight. Even when premium, you are still restricted by action points. And when you've paid for a couple of diamonds, you don't just waste them by buying items from NPC stores. My advice is to use the auction house, grab a profession that will grand you a viable passage to tier 3 and until then I'm pretty sure you won't have such problems any more. :)

Crassus

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
The game is harder when you are not premium. It supposed to be, otherwise no one would become premium. But it is not impossible there are many ways... As DMDM said sailing coal or skin is very profitable... For tier 3-4 players is nothing to pay 300-400 per coal unit to avoid digging...
Also you do not need to spent real money for diamonds!
There are mission (tier 3 and 4 for sure....) giving them as rewards... Also you can always buy them for gold (yes i know the prices are high, but when you tier up you will see that are reachable...) Finally a player can test his market skills... It is rainy outside, all your APs are finished and you need 45 minutes for the next, and you are boring? Try buy and sell resources/items/diamonds... You can really make gold, it is real like market there, buy low, wait prizes to raise and sell...

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
 *hihi*  Boss try to play as a free member & u will understand how boring gameplay is for free user. I all ready reply DMDM that for digging too needs action points & I am getting 1 action point par hour so where i use that 1 action point ? To gain experience with battle ? To Dig? To craft ?  :( so many things but very slow gameplay.

The game is tough or not that's not the point coz i don't have enogh action points for battle even  :D

Finally its on u. I am leaving the game coz i think this game is only for premium users as even if i continue game some premium members going to destroy me later as so many things for premium members & nothing for free user. Imperia online was too good & its a perfectly balance game with free n premium users.

Good Luck  :)

Cuorion

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »
You know, it's not like we became moderators the first day we started playing. Back then it was even worse (non-premiums had to spend 2 action points for each action). Now if this game is not for you, it's up to you to decide. It is a bit disappointing I must admit but still...
Have fun in whatever you do. :)

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
I played for fun without diamonds or anything, no matter i had them on my account. I just played when i want and when i have time due to other stuff i must do in my real life. And i have different experience. Ok, i played without mercenary, didnt focus on crafting, mostly on fight. And i always had enough AP. If you fight easy oponents which bring little XP, little gold and take no health from you, yes you will run out of AP. But if you choose harder fights and you dont always heal with potions, but wait to heal with time, you have plenty of AP. And in such cases, you get a lot more XP, gold... and have spare AP for digging, crafting...
Your idea to remove AP. The game would become just a click fest. First, the best people would be those who have a lot of free time and they would be just clicking and clicking and clicking on easy locations... Then, like in similar games, people with rigt knowledge would use bots... And most of people wouldnt play this game, because if you dont click 20 h per day you wont stand a chance to progress.
AP are there to give people an option to choose their way. You can be fighter, master crafter, finish quests... but you need to invest AP right way. And, like all stuff in life, you cant be at top in 2 hours. As i see, you would like to be lvl 50 in 2 days. You are lvl 5, as you said and you cant grow fast enough because your AP are limited. Everybody AP are limited. I know a lot of guys who are tier 5 without premium or they earned diamonds in-game for basic things they wanted. And thay played at their limit, played when they want...
I personally dont like game when i have to click 1 000 000 times in day for 1 month to score something. I dont have time or wish to do that.  Thats why 3 clicks now, 5 crafting later, 5 battles when i have health, traveling elsewhere when i must leave PC is great for me. And i guess for a lot of players who want fun, but cant play 20 hours daily all the time.
I am sorry you are leaving, because you think that AP concept is bad and that we dont give anything to people who are not premium. We changed some rules, just to give people without premium more gameplay. We give bonuses so who ever takes premium, gets more for their money... and you can experience and have access to all options to game, no matter you are not premium. Just at little slower rate. You cant get kicked by higher lvl guy, because you are of no interest to him, you are lower lvl then he. And some time after him, you will also be at same lvl 49 as he. Maybe even selling him equipment, because you will be better crafter.
We apreciate all people, especially when they say their opinion. But sometimes, other side have better arguments and your idea to remove AP ... well, it wont be Imperial Hero anymore.

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
I really don't understand u IH team.....means u r always giving answers which is not satisfying thread owner coz I am not giving suggestion that only remove AP. I clearly said that Remove AP & increase the experience points for next level & decrease the experience points in battles...For Example.

Now if 250 experience points needs for 2nd level & 5/15 experience points par battle we r getting then we have to fight approx 35/40 battles so we need 35/40 AP & we have to wait for 35/40 hours or more as other things r also depends on AP.

SO my suggestion is...Remove AP &

1st level = Needs 2000 experience & 5/10 experience par battle so for next level we have to fight Approx 200 battles so i think its all same & as battles r unlimited no1 going to feel boar as if he is not having AP.

SO idea is simple.....& if u want something for premium users then add some powers like...
1] 10 diamonds for +50 experience in 5 battles.
2] 30 diamonds for +10 strength in 5 battles
3] 30 diamonds for +10 vitality in 5 battles
4] 30 diamonds for +10 agility in 5 battles
5] 30 diamonds for +10 intelligence in 5 battles
6] 30 diamonds for +10 attack in 5 battles
7] 30 diamonds for +10 defense in 5 battles
8] 30 diamonds for +10 Block in 5 battles
9] 30 diamonds for +10 dexterity in 5 battles
10] 100 diamonds for +10 all in 5 battles

so this way game looks good for both free n premium users as well u will get much more traffic for ur game. If u continue with this game then i am sure u wil only get premium users coz as free user i want to play a lot but being a premium user i s not possible to me as i am not earning n i am just a student..so think again. Thanks n Good Luck.

Offline CHALLENGER22

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
Ya & for dig, craft AP point is a good idea but for battles nahhh.... :(

Cuorion

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »
Look, we all here tried to talk you out of this but you don't seem to get it.
Action Points are the very fountation of Imperial Hero. They are here to stay. Period.
Topic Locked.

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Sorry if we give answers which are not satisfying  to thread owner, but hey...
I can open a thread that i wish million dollars and when people would answer that they dont wish to give me 1 million dolar, i wont be satisfied. And i can say that i dont understand people , because i dont understand why they wont  give me money.  :o
You wish to change basic concept of game to something else and currently you are the only one here who wish that and everybody who would say no to your idea is giving you answer you are not satisfied with. As i said, we respect and answer to new ideas and from beginning of alfa till now, a lot of things have changed. Thnx to game creator ideas, our ideas, ideas from players... But accepting new ideas doesnt mean we will accept every idea somebody writes. If we think idea is not fit for our game, we obviusly have some idea why we think so and some arguments to back that up.
And things you put as example, we already have in-game. We have all attribute potions, mixed attribute potions for diamonds in-game, but much cheaper then you suggest.
But 1 thing i see is worth remembering and i will mentioned it as idea to be realized in future. extra xp potion or something similar. So thnx on mentioning that.
I wont go further with this, but i played many games and here you as free member can have almost everything as premium dose, in some other games, it was impossible to play as free.
I understand student status and everything( i was student not so long ago), so i understand you cant pay to play. But basic idea of games is to have fun. And you can have fun even without money. :)