Author Topic: DRAW  (Read 4708 times)

Offline maric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
DRAW
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »
Two my last battles ended with DRAW - in one we killed each other in same round, in another - at 100th round we was both still alive.
BUT! In Statistics I get 2 defeats! So is it draw means defeat or what? Whats the point then fight equal oponents if draw counted as defeat?

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: DRAW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
Draw is considered as a defeat, you are right. An equal opponent doesn't necesarly mean draw, even if you have same stats someone wins thanks to luck.
And, if the battle reaches round 100, the battle is considered a draw.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:05:15 PM by andy_eu »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »
Draw is considered as a defeat, you are right. An equal opponent doesn't necesarly mean draw, even if you have same stats someone wins thanks to luck.
And, if the battle reaches round 100, the battle is considered a draw.

I fully support the part that even if you fight an equal you could easily win (or lose). Otherwise, I think draws are also counted as defeat but I have a bit of trouble finding i which statistic you are seeing them.

Offline maric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:47:36 PM »
Yesterday I had 28 wins and 4 defeats - today, after 2 draws - 28wins 6defeats. Sad. I'd be much better if draws not be counted as defeats...

Offline maric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:53:28 PM »
and about 100 rounds - i did 500 damage in that fight and recieve only about 50, and I'm still DEFEATED?? (if draw=defeat)

Judith

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »
Did you manage to make a screenie of the battle report ?

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
It makes sense that a draw is considered defeat. If 2 people fight and they both die in the battle can be considered only a draw, but both oponents lost.

Offline maric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
To Judith: no I dont have - I still wait what was promised At 4th of November: 4. Heroes will be able to save their battle reports.... So, where is it (?)
To andy: just read what I write again - at the end of battle we both was ALIVE. (?)

Offline andy_eu

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »

To andy: just read what I write again - at the end of battle we both was ALIVE. (?)

I wrote about that too, in 100th round both players are to tired to fight anymore, it's simple, they die being exhausted.

Offline maric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
WOW! 'they die being exhausted.'

I dont know who are you andy, but I hope you aint the desision maker - did you know why people play this game? Not to craft or gather something, they play to WIN.
If you  canont win you will not play. 
Im very disapointed to see such answer, i believe many players too...

Cuorion

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 10:35:14 PM »
Thumbs up to andy's reply! *hihi*

100 rounds of fighting... It reminds me of a one-on-one I once had with a "fellow" Elyos Chanter in Aion (I am an Asmodian Chanter). After about 5 minutes, we decided to call it a draw and for the next 10 minutes we were shop-talking* about how boring our fight was... No-one died but still, no-one won. Wasn't it a "waste of time"?

*Shop-talking: In Aion Elyos and Asmodians speak different languages. This means that when someone of the opposite race types something you just see random characters. However, there is one single exception on this. There is a function in Aion that allows a player to create a personal store on the spot and put anything tradeable they have to sell. The labels on these stores are readable by both races.

Judith

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »
Thumbs up to andy's reply! *hihi*

100 rounds of fighting... It reminds me of a one-on-one I once had with a "fellow" Elyos Chanter in Aion (I am an Asmodian Chanter). After about 5 minutes, we decided to call it a draw and for the next 10 minutes we were shop-talking* about how boring our fight was... No-one died but still, no-one won. Wasn't it a "waste of time"?

*Shop-talking: In Aion Elyos and Asmodians speak different languages. This means that when someone of the opposite race types something you just see random characters. However, there is one single exception on this. There is a function in Aion that allows a player to create a personal store on the spot and put anything tradeable they have to sell. The labels on these stores are readable by both races.

AION !!!  :o *heart* *heart* *heart*

Cuorion

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:14 PM »
Just tell me you play too... :D

Server: Perento
Race: Asmodian
Class: Chanter
Name: Ademius

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »
WOW! 'they die being exhausted.'

I dont know who are you andy, but I hope you aint the desision maker - did you know why people play this game? Not to craft or gather something, they play to WIN.
If you  canont win you will not play. 
Im very disapointed to see such answer, i believe many players too...

He is not the decision maker but he is a very good and experienced player. PEOPLE dont play this game to WIN. YOU play this game to WIN. Most of the people I know play to have fun, to enjoy their friends' company and craft, gather and fight.

There is nothing to "Win" here, maric - and just because you didnt win one battle is not the end of the world. The rules of the game are such - if you cant win in 100 rounds - you are defeated. To me it makes sense - you cant fight endlessly. Even if you are alive - you still dont win if you cant kill your opponent. If you want to win - get better equipment, potions and hope to get lucky. Dont whine on forum.