Author Topic: ok, seriously now...  (Read 28694 times)

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ok, seriously now...
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
1. We are getting really near the launch of the beta, so T3 will be populated then. There are a lot of design changes due to what we have observed in the Alpha, so we were not on a hurry to populate them. (if we had, we would have had to do it all over again after that..)

2. More recepies are in the works as we speak, so much more stuff will be available and are stuff that are not available in the stores - from now on all new stuff added will be unique only to crafters.

3. Dual wield most likelly will stay that way.. (there will be sets of swords and daggers to use with this skill :))

4. Yes, there will be a check box for that. And we have already changed quite a lot of spirit requirements for characters. (lowered them)

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
Is it possible to make an option for the bound items? For example if I use some item, it will be bounded to me, but I can give to someone else it, but that person will have to pay some money (for example 50% of total cost of the same new item) to use it?

chegewara

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »
in auction house in general category may be sub category for each type of resources cause is hard to seeing all auctions to find what we are looking for. when will be more players and more type of resources this will be insanity. please do this for us 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 08:49:58 PM »
in auction house in general category may be sub category for each type of resources cause is hard to seeing all auctions to find what we are looking for. when will be more players and more type of resources this will be insanity. please do this for us 8)

Problem is also that the search function is a bit messed up :( if you search for leather for example, you get all items made of leather (boots, etc).

Also you can not see all items of the same time, only the first five and there is no option to see next ...

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:44 AM »
Im lost with the quest. 1st they gave XP, this was sometimes usefull. in most cases you could better fight at a good XP spot then waste a certain amount of AP on a bad place and then get the XP as reward, but still, some times it did pay off

Then we got AP for quests. This gave the question: what do i have to do, can i actually do that, how much XP do i get there and how much do i normally get, and what the hell is a golden glass spear with a cherry on top the guy wants 8 of so badly.....usually quests were rewarding after looking in several towns

Now AP is removed from quests as well....so that brings one more question....
why would i ever bother with quests. the gold? barely. XP is what its about. Ive already seen on the alpha that soon enough gold looses lots of its value, mainly due to diamonds that are asked for every piece of hardware youd like to get

why would i still bother?

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 09:58:49 AM »
Im lost with the quest. 1st they gave XP, this was sometimes usefull. in most cases you could better fight at a good XP spot then waste a certain amount of AP on a bad place and then get the XP as reward, but still, some times it did pay off

Then we got AP for quests. This gave the question: what do i have to do, can i actually do that, how much XP do i get there and how much do i normally get, and what the hell is a golden glass spear with a cherry on top the guy wants 8 of so badly.....usually quests were rewarding after looking in several towns

Now AP is removed from quests as well....so that brings one more question....
why would i ever bother with quests. the gold? barely. XP is what its about. Ive already seen on the alpha that soon enough gold looses lots of its value, mainly due to diamonds that are asked for every piece of hardware youd like to get

why would i still bother?

And when you get a quest and you are asked to get 10 medium hides for 80 gold, you wonder: "Does he think I'm so fool?" :P

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »
I agree on this ... most quests for Tier 2 are either painfully slow (like getting/killing something with low average probability to find) or impossible to do (only Tier 2 provinces available), but the rewards are mostly uninteresting (more gold ?)

at least AP can provide a nice action boost to dig ressources.
and XPs are nice when you have to complete quests which takes lots of time on small creatures ... even more so, when conditions to level up have been made more difficult :)
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

chegewara

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
maybe should be also coefficient for work paid depends on province tier in which hero work? this will force players to travel over the world. i know that will be global work market but this make some issues. if i want to be crafter then i dont fight and stop on 10 level. that make me more difficult to find good job cause lot of heroes will be on tiers 1-2 provinces and less on tier 5 provinces. im waiting for new job market cause this is great think for me but for now maybe make like i said with coefficient 8)

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
hmm, let`s see, up to now.

- the lack of direct trade options, which in RPG makes no sense.
- bounding of items, on the long run, will create inflation, and crush economy, while increasing the burdens for players who are not in big guild, ie high demand, but lower offer. that may hamper also trading on auction house, since usually they are caped from programing (i mean, in like 2-3 years, when enough money will be generated). would be better to have some more features who absorb money, not items from the market.
-restricting the pvp to arena. after a while, grinding becomes boring, so, either that, or a very, very good story to compensate.
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro
"Take what you can, give nothing back"

chegewara

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
maybe there should be some differentiation for crafting experience by adding experience points for every recipes. for me better artisan is when can craft more items if both have the same CP cause i have choice what i can order 8)

Offline DangerRanger

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
One aspect that I haven't seen addressed (and apologies in advance if it was - I searched) is that to use a Tier 3 Crafting Tool - I must be Tier 3 (through fighting).  This seems highly unusual as my use of a Crafting Tool should be inherently dependent upon my Crafting Tier - not the Tier that I've developed through experience I've gained fighting battles.  Since I didn't know this prior to purchasing a Tier 3 Crafting Tool - with bonuses for (of course) Crafting - I now have a Crafting Tool languishing in my inventory until I level up to 20.  This seems ridiculous to me.

Thanks,

DR

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »
One aspect that I haven't seen addressed (and apologies in advance if it was - I searched) is that to use a Tier 3 Crafting Tool - I must be Tier 3 (through fighting).  This seems highly unusual as my use of a Crafting Tool should be inherently dependent upon my Crafting Tier - not the Tier that I've developed through experience I've gained fighting battles.  Since I didn't know this prior to purchasing a Tier 3 Crafting Tool - with bonuses for (of course) Crafting - I now have a Crafting Tool languishing in my inventory until I level up to 20.  This seems ridiculous to me.

Thanks,

DR

Well, it is a change which was announced in News section.  I dont completely agree with it as well because it does not allow people who want to only craft concentrate on that - it pushes them also to fight if they want to be able to equip better tools...and I find this is just a distraction if your main goal is to make items not kill boars...

Oton

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
Well, it is a change which was announced in News section.  I dont completely agree with it as well because it does not allow people who want to only craft concentrate on that - it pushes them also to fight if they want to be able to equip better tools...and I find this is just a distraction if your main goal is to make items not kill boars...
And... because of the lack of this... distraction, there were people that made 400 CP in Crafting Tier 3 for 2 months of game time.
Establishing a monopoly and dictating the crafting gameplay.
We are even thinking about cutting the crafting chances in half, because a disciplined guild has managed to ruin all the gameplay in 2 months... what are we going to do when we have 40 000 players trying to do that?
This game is the most complex project we have started so far.
There are a hundred more things that must be balanced, compared to IO, GI and GW.
And... the moment we allow one player to gain a significant advantage over others by exploiting a rule or a bug we didn't think of, is the moment we will lose all our players.
Because they will not feel equal in this world.

It must be clear that our desire is to make the game both as much hard as it is balanced.
The mobs will get stronger.
The crafting will get tougher.
There will be more and more restrictions.
Team play will be more and more encouraged.
And the players will struggle for each crafting or experience point.
Only this way, we presume, we will be able to make it enough entertaining and playable for a long period of time.
Unbalancing or taking advantage of something that is not well developed will ruin everyone's fun.
Same goes for playing a game in which you can have it all in 2 months and then go some place else.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
And... because of the lack of this... distraction, there were people that made 400 CP in Crafting Tier 3 for 2 months of game time.
Establishing a monopoly and dictating the crafting gameplay.
We are even thinking about cutting the crafting chances in half, because a disciplined guild has managed to ruin all the gameplay in 2 months... what are we going to do when we have 40 000 players trying to do that?
This game is the most complex project we have started so far.
There are a hundred more things that must be balanced, compared to IO, GI and GW.
And... the moment we allow one player to gain a significant advantage over others by exploiting a rule or a bug we didn't think of, is the moment we will lose all our players.
Because they will not feel equal in this world.

It must be clear that our desire is to make the game both as much hard as it is balanced.
The mobs will get stronger.
The crafting will get tougher.
There will be more and more restrictions.
Team play will be more and more encouraged.
And the players will struggle for each crafting or experience point.
Only this way, we presume, we will be able to make it enough entertaining and playable for a long period of time.
Unbalancing or taking advantage of something that is not well developed will ruin everyone's fun.
Same goes for playing a game in which you can have it all in 2 months and then go some place else.

Yeah, blame us for being organized and the others for not being able to get their game together !!! Hell ya, I am going to establish a monopoly if I have worked double hard to get there !!! And you know what - even if you cut the chance 10 times - we will still be the best !Its not my fault that I am dedicated and I give everything for the guild - why do you have to punish ME for being good ?

I am sure the fact that we have worked hard to get to where we are has "ruined everyone's fun". I so feel for them...I hope they do better next time  :-*

Oton

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »
Yeah, blame us for being organized and the others for not being able to get their game together !!! Hell ya, I am going to establish a monopoly if I have worked double hard to get there !!! And you know what - even if you cut the chance 10 times - we will still be the best !Its not my fault that I am dedicated and I give everything for the guild - why do you have to punish ME for being good ?

I am sure the fact that we have worked hard to get to where we are has "ruined everyone's fun". I so feel for them...I hope they do better next time  :-*
You obviously don't get my point, Isolde.
We have to balance the gameplay in a way that there will be no guilds that would be too powerful, Isolde.
If there can be a player, no matter what guild is he in, (no matter how he got those points) that can make 400 CP in 2 months, that means we have a gameplay problem.
It means we have to balance the game.
We are not punishing anyone.
We are trying to make the game better and enjoyable for all the players.
If there are players that can beat our gameplay... This should be a matter for concern, not a matter for bragging.