Poll

What do you think about the new skills?

They are perfect as they are
Good enough
With some changes they will be good
Need a lot of changes before they applied
No way... They are awful.
I don't know i will say my disagreement after they are applied

Author Topic: New Skills Discussion  (Read 6073 times)

Cuorion

New Skills Discussion
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »
Well, since there is not a topic yet, I open this one so we discuss the new skills announced today.

I really liked the global skills (for all classes). Especially Crafter and Explorer.
Now, regarding the new class skills, who wouldn't love Battle Frenzy? I also liked Trip, Dark and Light Prisms, Mystical Wirlwind, Ressurection, Strong Bowstring and Javelin Veteran.

Seems to me Light Mystics will begin to get the love they deserve. :)

On the other side, I don't know if Continuous Targeting is of any use to Shadow Hunter.

Crassus

Re: New Skills Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
Crafter & Explorer are great skills.

Slayer... hmm i do not know, perhaps it's coz i prefer to take out the weak support, and then "decapitate" the head... I mean the most times is better to fight a leader without army, than an army without leader... (Until you kill the "boss" the "creeps" keep attacking you...).

Battle Frenzy & Holding Ground are good enough... i suppose...

Deep Cut -> a pure anti Guardian weapon...  not so sure about the balance at this skill since Guardians will lose massive amounts of armor and there "opposite" skill only adds bonus to Fury warrior...
If a guardian have 10000 armor, with his Stoneskin a 20% bonus he reach 12000 armor. With a 20% bonus from Deep Cut the fury warrior will leave the guardian with  9600 (-2400) armor or 8000 (-2000) with out the stoneskin...

About mystic's skills... They are Perfect.
The prism skills are "anti-mystic"
With the Mystical Whirlwind they do more damage.
And Resurrection is money/battle/life savior.
And the best of all: Reflect Damage (anti ranger) if this skill select as enemy an ranger with high critical the ranger is dead from his own attacks(!) assuming the mystic have the Inner spirit skill  and/or some Guardian with leadership.

As for ranger's skills... They add more damage to the class meant to cause damage...
Continuous Targeting: i was a bit scared from this skill... But my fears didn't came true. I thought that they will gain 100% critical for the entire battle, but it's only for the first attack (at least that's what i been told).
I feared it coz if it was for all the battle with 2-3 the ranger could kill every one with the same tier... Still is a really good skill you give up 1x damage and you cause 3x...  And as Cuorion said this skill is useless for Shadow Hunters since they are not commonly use Javelins or Throwing knives. And if for them the requirement will be bow/crossbow, then no one will be able to stand in front of them... Many will try but none will come close enough to threat them.

In conclusion as general idea i am supporting it, but the skills will need to be work a lot, or else this game will lose every balance, and end up with a 98% of the players as rangers and a 2% as victims.

Crassus

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:33:07 AM »
Since there are so many opinions at this topic i will add a poll just to be clear...  :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:38:01 AM by Crassus »

Judith

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
 *UNDECIDED*

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
I can't understand why people don't discuss matters as important as this one. ???

Sheremetev

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
I should check if the forum rules allow banning CMs for flooding in the General talk.

I think prism skills will affect every skill which changes attribute points, not only the mystics' buffs and curses. So it is a lot more anti-warrior skill and kind of sorts out the problem with the huge imbalance in aspect of skills between warriors and mystics.

P.S: Cuorion proven wrong on his last publication  :P

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »
P.S: Cuorion proven wrong on his last publication  :P

I consider that a good thing. :D :D

Judith

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
I should check if the forum rules allow banning CMs for flooding in the General talk.

:o Don't be mean..

I consider that a good thing. :D :D

I knew you'd say something like that :D

Edit: I would really like to see players opinions before the skills will be applied.
Because those who vote "I don't know i will say my disagreement after they are applied" are not helping much. If you have the opportunity to change what you don't like, we give it to you, use it.
If you stay passive, your disagreement after will achieve nothing but an answer like "This is how it was said it will be. It's part of the gameplay". And then don't blame us because you chose to waste your shot now.
All good are welcome.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:33:46 AM by Judith »

mr_ferid

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 10:43:11 AM »
I vote  good enought and I think new skills are good enought

Crassus

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »
"I don't know i will say my disagreement after they are applied" are not helping much. If you have the opportunity to change what you don't like, we give it to you, use it.
If you stay passive, your disagreement after will achieve nothing

I totally agree. I  only add it this to give the opportunity to some people to be honest with themselves....
Also vote is personal and there is no need to say what you have vote.  :D

Judith

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
Yeah, people should vote whatever they think is right :)
It's good you added such an option. But it's my personal experience that makes me worry if you know what I mean.  :D

mr_ferid

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »
when will these skills realize?

Sheremetev

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:51:24 PM »
Well, the devs said all the skills will be discussed carefully first and that's why they want to collect as many players' opinions as they can.

:o Don't be mean..
Sorry, I was only joking *rose*

Judith

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
release you mean.
We are not in a hurry. We must test everything first, and modify it if necessary (and it will be necessary in order to be balanced.)

So I can't tell you because I don't know how long it's going to take.

mr_ferid

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
sorry release*  :D
ok.I can wait I have much time :D