Author Topic: Hero Quests....  (Read 4237 times)

Crassus

Hero Quests....
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »
It came to me right now... I was reading an really old review about a mmorg... it was calling The 4rth Coming, have any of you hear about it?
Well was pre-diablo game (lame graphics) but! the thing that draw my attention was this:
Moderators and some member (at start) and then every one who had a character above some requirements, had the ability to post his quests for the other players!!!
This mean that i could order a quest, and one of you take it and when is completed he takes the reward....

Can be easily done this thing...Simply the random filled blank spots at tavern quests, they will be filled by the player adding some story, he will put the quest and the reward at special section at auction. If someone thinks that he can do it or want to do it he will accept this quest, if he cancel it the quest will return to auction until someone takes it or be canceled by the creator.
If it is to gather something or create something then this something will go to the quest-creator's inventory.
To secure the reward, when a quest is posted the reward will be removed from creator and will be placed to a "vault" or something so none can touch it, coz if someone give a reward 20000g and he only have 200g it will create issues....
Also rewards could be gold, items, diamonds....but no xp...
It could be divided and by tier...for example a tier 5 player will be able to order a quest for light skin at tier 1 players...etc.

Do you like my idea?

Cuorion

Re: Hero Quests....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »
+1 on this one!
It would give a greater level of interaction among the players.

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »
good idea, imho

Judith

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
When Crassus called me and informed me about the contest, I was thrilled!
But then a question occured to me...
Are moderators allowed to participate?

Judith

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Yup ;)
Everybody who considers himself as enough creative and skillful (at writing), and be Tier4+

Why Tier 3 +.. coz these are the people who are supposed to know the game better than anyone.  8)

Edit: Spoke to Oton, Tier 3 + :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:12:54 AM by Judith »

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
Yup ;)
Everybody who considers himself as enough creative and skillful (at writing), and be Tier4+

Why Tier 4 +.. coz these are the people who are supposed to know the game better than anyone.  8)

*UNDECIDED*

That rulls me out...
Unless I can make it to Tier 4 before the deadline... *hihi*

Crassus

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
and be Tier4+

I do not believe that this rule is logic...
Oton's rules does not have anything like this, why to remove the right to write from so many players?

Cuorion

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
By the way, lower-than-tier-5 players can now travel to tier 5 provinces (in our case Eternia and Praire Sea) but we cannot check the encounters (and level) of each place in those provinces (for example which multi-dungeon is supposed to be higher level, The Wall, The Ice Tower or King's Valley?). Is there any chance that we get a list of the places of these two provinces so we can place the right places in the right order in the story line's advancement?

Crassus

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=7846.0

We just need a tier 5 player to complete the guid...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:05:09 AM by Crassus »

Judith

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »
*UNDECIDED*

That rulls me out...
Unless I can make it to Tier 4 before the deadline... *hihi*

Moderators, Trusted members are allowed to write as much as they want.

Also, the fact that you gotta write about Tier 5 provinces, it's logical that you gotta be able to go in this tier and do stuff. Then you will know what you have to put in your story. What is suitable for it etc.
If the experience of a Tier 1/2 player is killing mobs and crafting simple leather armor in Hope Village and Sonoria, and he doesn't know what there is in the upper tiers, yes, he might right a really good story, but will it be a Storyline quest ? You can go in each province you want, but you can't do the quests there so.. you don't really have the basic sample.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:15:39 AM by Judith »

Crassus

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »
Low tier players can write a story, including the province's dungeons where the missions will take place... The only issue is that they cannot say if you have to kill 50 or 60 or just 2 of enemies there... if they visit the provinces they can see the dungeons names and the  multy-dungeons are those with 3-4 shields... In this way all tiers (except 1) can try to write their story...

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
There are monster types, locations and all multistage dungeons in those 2 provinces in topic with rules of contest now, so all people have enough info now i think.  ;)

Crassus

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
There are monster types, locations and all multistage dungeons in those 2 provinces in topic with rules of contest now, so all people have enough info now i think.  ;)

Thank you!!!
 :)