Author Topic: Percentages  (Read 11441 times)

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Percentages
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
In description which group of enemy you can get or chances to dig some resources i liked percentages more. That way i could choose best spot for sure. Now with likely, most likely, less likely... i dont know anything. is something 42% or 32%. By my opinion percentages would be much better. They should be improved a little so they would always give 100% in total not 140 like sometimes, but i liked them more.
I am just curious what do you all think about??
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:04:40 AM by Tiger »

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Percentages
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:31:26 AM »
I agree completely. Percentage was better. This will be especially important later on if resources do in fact become depleted...

Offline sasa

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
me too. bring us back percentages !

Oton

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
me too. bring us back percentages !
Why?

Offline sasa

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »
i will answer that with question.
why use children expression when you can mathematical ones which are more precise and give us more information ?

Sheremetev

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »
This way they can annoy Poly more

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »
It's all a conspiracy to make me stop calculating my misfortune at finding gems!

(Pretty darn unfortunate so far, FYI)

Oton

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
You don't need information.
Because you don't have information.
You go to venture into the unknown.
You don't know what foes you will encounter, you only have some basic idea.
This is an adventure, not math.
Children expression has nothing to do with what you are doing.
Do you know exactly the chance of encountering bear in the woods?
No, you only heard from somebody, who went to hunt that he met them on several occasions.
You heard from somebody else, however, that there are lots of wolves that might show up in those woods.
You hear a mercenary whose tongue is "untied" by the significant amount of mead he already had in the tavern, that there are some thieves hiding in that same forest. But he is still wondering if he really saw bandits or... just shadows, ghosts, mermaids... or bears, standing on their back feet.

You don't have anyone telling you: You have 40% chance to meet a bear in this forest.

It's a role-playing game.
Get into your roles.
:)

chegewara

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
i will answer that with question.
why use children expression when you can mathematical ones which are more precise and give us more information ?

but why you want percentages? you want to calculate this game or fun, we dont need be good math to play, why you dont ask early to change group of monsters to exactly numbers? 8)

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »
oton, at least can we know the range of percentages for those "childish expression"? For example, rare is 1-10%

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »
I am all for adventure !!! I love adventure !!! I just dont know why my adventure always ends in the hospital because this adventure seems to be based a lot on luck and every time I risk it I end up biting the dust  ;D  I mean percentages would help me (and all the others) plan better and play wiser but then for the sake of adventure lets just attaaaaaaaack !!

Oton

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »
I am all for adventure !!! I love adventure !!! I just dont know why my adventure always ends in the hospital because this adventure seems to be based a lot on luck and every time I risk it I end up biting the dust  ;D  I mean percentages would help me (and all the others) plan better and play wiser but then for the sake of adventure lets just attaaaaaaaack !!
See?
That's the kind of attitude I'd like to see.
Isolde is obviously... deeply immersed.

Offline sasa

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
OK, this is role play game, but you can't tell me what role to chose.  8)

And I chose role of wise man from that time, I am sure some of them were familiar with math, and how significant is interpretation of numerical data.
I chose role of a man who would say something like "in the black forest 35 of 100 travelers were attacked by group of wolves, and in the grey forest only 34 of 100, so I choose travel through grey forest"

Only in this case I will go in the black forest, because my goal is to get exp as fast as possible so that you all have to work overtime to make new provinces on time  :)

btw you decide to describe probability of meeting particular monster not me.
I am just saying, do that with numbers not with words.

Oton

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 02:01:51 PM »
OK, this is role play game, but you can't tell me what role to chose.  8)

And I chose role of wise man from that time, I am sure some of them were familiar with math, and how significant is interpretation of numerical data.
I chose role of a man who would say something like "in the black forest 35 of 100 travelers were attacked by group of wolves, and in the grey forest only 34 of 100, so I choose travel through grey forest"

Only in this case I will go in the black forest, because my goal is to get exp as fast as possible so that you all have to work overtime to make new provinces on time  :)

btw you decide to describe probability of meeting particular monster not me.
I am just saying, do that with numbers not with words.
Do you honestly stand by your words or you just choose to ignore my arguments, because you like to argue with authorities?...

I, hereby, pronounce you, a Rebel.
Go forth and pick off the petty admins!

Offline sasa

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »
Do you honestly stand by your words or you just choose to ignore my arguments

of course.
you don't like if not everyone think as you?