Author Topic: Prices?????????  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Olsi

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Prices?????????
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:01:59 PM »
I think sth. is wrong with prices. A copper ingot is sold for 3 gold when it requires raw copper (2x2 gold) and 1 coal (9 gold) so basically 14 gold and several action points???? And you wonder why do people chose fighting in stead of crafting?

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Prices?????????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »
I noticed this too. And a raw gem is worth more than a polished gem... Looks like to the shops, labor has negative value...

In the case of coal, you might somehow justify it in that it could also be used for higher-tier recipes, and that flexibility is lost. But even so, there's no justification for this sort of negative value on labor.

The logical thing (at design level) would be to assign each crafting Tier some value for 1 AP of labor; crafted materials would have the base value of the raw materials + labor required to make them.

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »
It is not a bug - it is on purpose. Crafting has never been meant for the stores - the goal is these materials are to be sold through the auction house. The buy back value decreases because you have been awarded crafting points. That, however doesn't mean that the materials have lost their real value - if there is demand you can sell them at profit to other players - not to the game.

Changes will be made towards making crafting profitable by selling products to other players, rather than selling them back to the game. Fixed buy back prices are assigned for base to calculate auction house taxes and other game mechanics reasons - do not count to profit on them, regardless of how they are structured exactly.

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
There is another pricing issue :

in Haroda town, the same food can be bought at extreme prices ... up to 2x

ie : meat +30HP may cost 17gp, 29 gp or 23gp .... bananas +30HP may cost 25gp, 45gp or 59gp (more than 3x the price for meat !!)

I think the variation is a bit too much ;)
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline Tiger

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
You must eat healty and various food. Cheapest food isn always healthy. buy most expensive because the cheapest is GMO and expensive is natural. :)

Offline Sub comandante marcos

• Sjarko
  • Tier 4
  • Red hot Chilli Peppers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »
I think sth. is wrong with prices. A copper ingot is sold for 3 gold when it requires raw copper (2x2 gold) and 1 coal (9 gold) so basically 14 gold and several action points???? And you wonder why do people chose fighting in stead of crafting?
it is true, we need more jobs and more education!

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
The job structure will be be completely different in the final version, it will give a lot more options and possibilities to make money.. (especially to the experienced crafters)

The prices in the stores could be changed again to give a bit smaller variations.. (20-30% instead of 50%) we will think about it..

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
I actually like the large variation. It means that you can sometimes get real good bargains... But only rarely. So shop-surveying becomes worthwhile.