Author Topic: hero and mercs  (Read 1648 times)

Offline toxxx

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
hero and mercs
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:57:39 AM »
this question was troubling me as a tremendous nonsense issue of the game.

please turn the mercs a little bit more like the hero.
 issues I find aren't great about the dycotomy hero/mercenaries:
  .there's really not much sense in regular accessories/weapons/armors becoming bound to the different chars. not even rare ones should, only epic ones.
  .the issue brought by Geomaticus - http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2992.0
  .if you discard one of the mercs at fight 2 of multistage dungeon why can't you call him back for a later fight when all the rest are a bit wasted already? if the merc would be left "behind" it would be no trouble for him to cross all the "cleansed" dungeons and join a later fight, I guess
  .when a merc level up we should choose his progress as with the main char, and he should also receive a "skill" upgrade, also being decided by us where to invest, amongst all the possible ones in his own class and tier, after all, he's being paid by us ^^ we decide what's best for him/us.
  .when you upgrade some merc's tier, but your char is a tier behind... there should be at least one accessible province allowing healing for him ( or at least "ressurection" ).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 10:05:54 AM by toxxx »

Oton

Re: hero and mercs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »
this question was troubling me as a tremendous nonsense issue of the game.

please turn the mercs a little bit more like the hero.
 issues I find aren't great about the dycotomy hero/mercenaries:
  .there's really not much sense in regular accessories/weapons/armors becoming bound to the different chars. not even rare ones should, only epic ones.
  .the issue brought by Geomaticus - http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=2992.0
  .if you discard one of the mercs at fight 2 of multistage dungeon why can't you call him back for a later fight when all the rest are a bit wasted already? if the merc would be left "behind" it would be no trouble for him to cross all the "cleansed" dungeons and join a later fight, I guess
  .when a merc level up we should choose his progress as with the main char, and he should also receive a "skill" upgrade, also being decided by us where to invest, amongst all the possible ones in his own class and tier, after all, he's being paid by us ^^ we decide what's best for him/us.
  .when you upgrade some merc's tier, but your char is a tier behind... there should be at least one accessible province allowing healing for him ( or at least "ressurection" ).

All of those suggestions will deplete the player for making many choices and from baring the consequences of those choices.
If we make the game too easy, we will loose its balance.