Author Topic: potion use  (Read 2762 times)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
potion use
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »
when I`m fighting with potions, my mercs (those who end fight with full health) allways have vitality lowered to value before potion use. and I must allways use health potion to put them full health. maybe its connected with my hero have fountain of life skill.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: potion use
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »
After the first round of combat under the effect of a "normal" attribute potion you can add another.

Essentially you can have up to 9 rounds of attribute potions in effect.

No idea if the more powerful potions requiring diamonds can be stacked for a longer duration or not.

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »
you are writing about completely different thing...

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 04:37:19 PM »
when I`m fighting with potions, my mercs (those who end fight with full health) allways have vitality lowered to value before potion use. and I must allways use health potion to put them full health. maybe its connected with my hero have fountain of life skill.

I cannot really see the connection here... Can you post some reports or before and after the battle pic?

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »

I'm a bit confused too with what you wrote. I would guess you meen one of the following possibilities.

Possibility 1:
Let's say your merc has 1000 HP. You start fight, he takes no damage and when the fight is over he has, let's say, 950 HP.
I would suspect one of your enemies used a curse that lowers your group's vitality. So your merc's maximum HP during the battle was lowered (let's say to 950 HP). When the fight was over your merc's max HP went back to 1000 but not your current (which is left to 950). Don't ask me if it would make more sence that current HP should also be replenished, I cannot make my mind. If that's the case, I would consider the use of potions you mentioned as coincidence. ???

Possibility 2:
Let's say your merc has 1000 HP before potion use. You take the potion and he reaches 1100 max HP (his current HP is still 1000). At this point you have to replenish his life to max, it is not replenished with the stats potion. If you didn't, here's your problem. Now if you did... You start the fight, merc takes no hits, fight is finished, your merc now has 1000/1100 HP. Now if this happened it would seem like a bug.

However, to confirm a bug's existance, we need a screenshot with your merc's stats with potion before the fight, a copy-paste with the following fight and another screenshot with your merc's stats after the fight. You can do it the next time it happens to you.

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »
in fights I remember (not 100% sure) there was no curse or sickness. moreover difference was exactly 60 (potion add +6).
when you use potion, health and spirit are stil going to max - so its not problem of lack of health before the battle.

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 02:55:39 AM »
when you use potion, health and spirit are stil going to max - so its not problem of lack of health before the battle.

When you use a stat potion that adds Vitality, only your maximum health increases, I just checked it.
So something else is going wrong.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
in fights I remember (not 100% sure) there was no curse or sickness. moreover difference was exactly 60 (potion add +6).

Maybe my reply was unclear, but it seem to be exactly the reply you need. Let's do it step by step.

1) you use a stat potion, it give you increased stats for 5 fights;

2) use heal and spirit potion to get max HP and spirit;

3) at the end of the 5th fight your stat go down;

4) your HP and spirit lower to match the new value;

5) you use another potion, your stat increase but your HP and Spirit stay at the value you had before the buffing (as it always happen);

6) so you use again heal and spirit potions to get max HP ans spirit.

Instead if you follow this procedure:

1)  drink stat potion. You get the bonus for 5 fights;

2) raise HP and spirit to max;

3) fight a round of combat. The bonus now last for another 4 fights and the extra HP and spirit will do the same;

4) drink another stat potion (of the same kind). Now your extra HP and spirit will last for 9 rounds, allowing you to go till the ebd of most (if not all) the multi stage dungeons.

If instead you are saying that while still under the effect of a stat potion your health is lowered at the end of every fight, it seem you are suffering from a bug.

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »

If instead you are saying that while still under the effect of a stat potion your health is lowered at the end of every fight, it seem you are suffering from a bug.

this is correct