Author Topic: Resource collecting  (Read 6522 times)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Resource collecting
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
There is question which is really bugging me - is your chance/success of getting a particular resource dependent on the profession you have chosen ?
For example, I am a miner and in the new locations I had a chance to find a gem, the chance was 31 % highest depending on the location...would anyone with stonecutter specialization more likely to find it ? Do tanners get a better chance of getting light hides from killing boars or wolfs ?

Also, does your proficiency in your specialization also affect the chance to get those resources (i.e. can tier 2 carpenter get more wood from a location or can he only make higher quality refined wood ? )

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Resource collecting
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »
Also, does your proficiency in your specialization also affect the chance to get those resources (i.e. can tier 2 carpenter get more wood from a location or can he only make higher quality refined wood ? )

I guess this is an answer :D :

Gathering professions will increase the quantities of resources dug on a single mission (hence saving AP) -
100 - 2-5
200 - 2-6
300 - 2-7
400 - 2-8 (for ore, wood)

For Leather and Bone will increase the chance of getting it when you kill a monster. (also all players get the hides, so there should be an abundant supply on the Auction house)

The final version of the game will have a limit of the resources, so the forests where wood is 100% will run out of wood rather quickly (since everyone will be chopping there) and until the resource re-spawns players will have to go chop to places with lower % until it runs out there as well. (only the province of Hope village will not run out of resources since it is a Noob area and only Tier 1 resources are available)
The resources will be global, so all players will dig them out together - the more mining the faster resources will disappear, hence it will be handy to be a good miner since you will be able for the same amount of time to get more resources than the others. (this feature will appear very soon after the launch of the beta, or even sooner) Finding large quantities of deposits with high chance for digging will be handy. Deposits will re-spawn at different quantities, so sometimes there will be a lot of golden ore with 50% for finding and sometimes there will be very few..