Author Topic: A few (very) bothersome things.  (Read 1945 times)

Offline NMNM

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
A few (very) bothersome things.
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »
1. Tier 4 Weaponsmith crafting. When I opted for carpenter to complement weaponsmith I thought the things are thoroughly balanced. They aren't.
As far as I can discern (2 days worth of recipes) every crafting recipe requires either :
a. Steel.
b. Dark ash.
c. Steel+ low level wood (oak, ash etc.)

Why isn't balanced ? Well if I want to craft anything (so far) but Dark Ash Longbow I need to buy steel. If a miner wants to craft anything that wouldn't require just steel, and there are at least 4-5 recipes that require just that, they would have to buy oak (249 gold/piece) or ash (250 gold/piece). Can't tell you the price for steel since there isn't any on the market.
Which brings me to point 2.

2. No info on almost anything besides the basics (3 classes, 3 main professions etc.). Seriously, this is supposed to be a "gold" game. Or that's what the press release say. I wouldn't have bought about 60 Euro worth of diamonds if I knew the state of the game is sort of alpha-ish. I got banned (by account and IP, as far as I can tell) for letting my frustration getting out of hand. I agree that's not the way to proceed, and I can be sorry and apologize for it, this being it. On the other hand as time passes by and I go deeper in the game (level wise) I find more and more things either done incomplete or OK on a previous stage of development but not so OK now. What this game needs ASAP is a comprehensive FAQ/Help. For example, would I have known that carpentry is basically useless since high level recipes rely on steel I wouldn't have picked it. Would I have known that you need 7 points in attack stance+ a total of 10 points in basic skills+level 20 to get the beserker stance I can guarantee you I wouldn't have spent 25 diamonds to re-spec then 25 more to get back to the original state. And another, small thing, would I have known how tiers and level actually work I would have bought just a level  18-19 javelin instead of one for level 14, one for 16 and so on.

P.S.

If anyone wants to check if what I say is true about buying diamonds henceforth supporting the development, the account on which I bought the diamonds is DMDM but that account and my home IP are banned so...

P.P.S.

In case anyone wonders, I'm not trying to minimize any work done so far on the game and say " the game sucks !". I'm not criticizing because I don't like the game. Au contraire. It's one of the few  java games worth playing and, why not, paying for. Just to make things clear.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:51:09 AM by NMNM »

Cuorion

Re: A few (very) bothersome things.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
Hello sir.
First of all allow me to explain some things regarding your ban since I was the one who applied it.
It was a 3-days ban of username and ip for reason of inappropriate behaviour. I am not the kind of man that bans whatever he does not like reading. On the contrary, in cases like yourself my experience tells me I need drastic, but educating rather than punishing measures. And I must admit I am very satisfied to see my point was taken.

The fact that you went through the process of creating a second account to write down your thoughts makes me believe that the duration of your ban was not visible to you. I think I'll ask Crassus to ban me some time we are both online so I can see exactly what banned members can see and what they cannot. ??? Anyway, your main account and IP ban are going to expire any time now and it would be nice if you from now on refrain (duh) from using this second account 'cause double forum accounts are not allowed and we still need to stick to the rules.

Now regarding your notes on the matter of game problems, yes I would agree with you that there are a lot of things to be fixed. Programmers are working hard these days. All these recent changes needed some kind of... tuning that is still under way. The F.A.Q. is currently on work (Crafting section is already out) as Tiger informed you and bugs are being worked all the time. We can only be patient.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:46:30 PM by Cuorion »

Offline DMDM

• Tier 3
  • Problem ?
    • View Profile
Re: A few (very) bothersome things.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
Maybe I could have seen the duration of the ban if the IP wouldn't have been banned aswell. Your software may tell people for how long they are banned but I assume there is a two fold ban. First fold by account, in which case it would identify me and tell me something and second by IP's in which case I suspect it would treat me like a google-bot etc. Anyways lets let bygones be bygones. I will  refrain ( :D) from using my second forum account. No problem.
I would still like to get a clarification about the carpentry issue since it bothers me. Is it intended for Tier 4 weaponsmith to use low level wood or is something that will get corrected ? As far as I can speculate my best guess is that those recipes were made before dark ash was implemented and they lingered back like that.
"I'm gonna go build my own game, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the game! "