Author Topic: How about some Music?  (Read 4768 times)

Crassus

How about some Music?
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:10:50 AM »
How about if programmers add some music to the game?
Is not that hard!
Just do a play list, and add a button which will open a new window streaming music...
Or even better you can create a internet radio and link it to the game!
This will done our moving times more entertaining, and it will be optional...

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How about some Music?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I currently have issues getting the game to draw rapidly, sometimes i need to redraw/refresh to get all the elements on screen to draw.

If there were streaming radio, I would be concerned that there might be more performance issues, and drawing of all the on-screen elements could be affected.

That being said, my computer is always muted.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Crassus

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
As i said it should be a button. This means that if you have slow connection or load issues, or simply do not want you will not listen...It will be something optional for the user...like chat, is there but only if you want you use it

maeof

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
Okay, but what music you will play?

You can't just take from internet Beyonce's Sweet Dream, and put it on you'r website.
1st you have to have permission to that song, if you don't want to break copyrights.

And if IH will compose their own music, it will be .mid files. They are pretty annoying and boring so nobody listens to it.
And if IH will get permission to use example; Beyonce on their website, they need tons of GBs to store that musics database..

So prolly you should turn on you'r Windows Media Player like me, and let's listen to our style music  ;)

Crassus

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »
This is what i am doing! I know about copyright, and that is why i suggest and/or a radio. Imagine every 2 ours you hear a record with the achievements and news at IH!!!

The ??? has manage to kill this tier 4 boss / The current price of diamond is ??? / Programmer said that a new province will be avaliable...  / ??? Is the first player who manage to get killed by a lone wolf!!!

(and as a text bar this will be fun!!!)

As for the music, not all players are playing from their pc!!!
Also could be music, no lyrics, for example the medieval style song playing when you pay by phone...

And as for news bar if ever will be insert to the game, it will be good players can write their own messages by paying some gold...
But this will need some moderator to check the messages or a day delay to get checked by IO team before published....

maeof

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Programming this thing is very easy.

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
Yes i know that...

maeof

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
But how about space?

Crassus

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
What do you mean with space?

Where this will be? Simple over the map box can be the rolling text. And radio button can be down, at Chat|forum etc...

maeof

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »
Space GB, MBs

Crassus

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »
Did not get it... If it is for programming do not bother to explain i know only C/C++... ???

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
He means disk space. What to do about the disk space required to store the music.
(either that or he means the bandwidth required.....)
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

maeof

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:19:17 PM »
Yes, and I include bandwidth.

But I think it's not the problem with bandwidth, cus most of hosts makes it unlimited. I have my own host with 300 mb and with unlimited  bandwitdth.

Crassus

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »
 :D :D lol and lol again...it was so simple!!!
There is some commands at C++ (name_space std for example) and i thought was something like that....

As for space the IO team it is not hard to find it just a DVD can hold over 200 songs...
If it is Mbs/sec then it depends on user/server...personally i am seeing streaming videos/ series, or listen streaming radio all the time and Greece does not have as good network as Italy for example....

Also is just a suggestion...

maeof

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »
We can make this suggestion become real!  *UNDECIDED*