Author Topic: Damage avoidance  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Bate_Borisov

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Damage avoidance
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »
Hi. I'm new to the game and I'd like you to help me with some info on damage avoidance in the game. I've read about block and evasion mechanics in the forums, but I didn't find how they stack. Can you answer me the following questions? Thanks in advance.
- Do evasion and block stack in an additive or multiplicative way? I mean, if you have 35% block and 25% evasion, is your chance to be hit 100-(35+25)=40% or (100-35)*(100-25)=48,75%?
- Is enemy crit chance taken into account here too, or is it checked only provided you are hit?
- Is the total effect of evasion and block capped, or only block and miss chances separately (in other words, is there a minimum hit chance)?

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: Damage avoidance
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
Dear Bate,

Mechanics is more complex. Comparision of agi and dex for evading , enemy strenght decrease block, difference between levels of players-enemies , etc.

Anyway as for your questions.

1. Multiplicative way. First round is if hit will be succesful ( evading ). Second round is block ( if hit was not evaded ).
2. Counting damage ( if normal or critical hit ) is 3rd step. Nothing with evade or block chance.
3. Minimum hit chance is 25% because maximal evade is 75% ... you has guaranteed you will hit at least 25% in average ( anyway hit still can be blocked , but blocked hit is counted as HIT )

But all about what we are speaking are chances, reality is many times very different. Enemy with 100 dexterity can hit you 10times in row although your agility is 600. Chances for making it are extremelly small, but never zero.

Jany