Author Topic: Items and Attribute Points  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Gambit

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Items and Attribute Points
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
I currently have a 57 vitality and yet 730 max health.  Account is Gambit on beta server.  While it seems to be linked to a new helm I purchased I am unsure.  Testing things by removing items containing vitality can lead to a lot of wasted regeneration of hit points.

I have several items with vitality on them but none with extra health.  So I can't explain the total.  This is not the first time this has happened to me.  I once removed an item with 4 vitality and sold it later finding out I lost 140 health - not forty.  I have also seen my dexterity incorrect in the past.  Each of those times I have had quite a few items improving the attribute that seemed to be affected.

My question is:  Is there some dynamic/rule that I am unaware of outside of class that affects realized attribute totals?

Gambit

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: Items and Attribute Points
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:22:31 PM »
I currently have a 57 vitality and yet 730 max health.  Account is Gambit on beta server.  While it seems to be linked to a new helm I purchased I am unsure.  Testing things by removing items containing vitality can lead to a lot of wasted regeneration of hit points.

I have several items with vitality on them but none with extra health.  So I can't explain the total.  This is not the first time this has happened to me.  I once removed an item with 4 vitality and sold it later finding out I lost 140 health - not forty.  I have also seen my dexterity incorrect in the past.  Each of those times I have had quite a few items improving the attribute that seemed to be affected.

My question is:  Is there some dynamic/rule that I am unaware of outside of class that affects realized attribute totals?

Gambit

You have 57 vitality from attribute points - 5 vitality base - 52 vitality - 520 health

+ you start with 100 base vitality - so in total 620 health.

Now, as I can see, you purchase a vitality + 11 helm which should give you additional 110 = the 730 health which you have.

The problem seems to me that it doesnt seem to add the 11 vitality from that helmet to the total number of vitality attribute points. Its probably a visualization problem as it seems to account for its presence in your total health :)

Offline Gambit

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:45:33 AM »
I probably stated things wrong:

My hero shows a vitality of 57 on his character sheet
27 native attribute points
30 attribute points from items
I would expect hit points equal to 620 because of the extra 50 hit points from the start
What I have appears to be 730
While I noticed when I added the helm that may not be the cause.  But if you doubled the helm and added an extra 11 vitality - that would explain my current hit points.  I suspect there may be other pieces doing this in the game as this is not the first time I have noticed it.  Just the first time I am fairly sure about it.

I am happy to keep the item.  I am just bringing it up in case it is a bug - as it does not appear to be an intended part of the game.

Offline Gambit

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
Someone has fixed it or it had to do with boots I replaced.  Sounds weird - but I bought new boots put them on and sold others that had nothing but speed bonus.  Now my health is correct again at 620.  If someone fixed it thanks.  If it is just one of those unusual things - thanks anyway.

Gambit

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:41:40 PM »
Someone has fixed it or it had to do with boots I replaced.  Sounds weird - but I bought new boots put them on and sold others that had nothing but speed bonus.  Now my health is correct again at 620.  If someone fixed it thanks.  If it is just one of those unusual things - thanks anyway.

Gambit

Oh, I understand now, the 30 vitality you have from items already included the helm. Then the only possible explanation is that indeed it was a temporary problem with puting on a new item, it can mess up your attributes sometimes but I am happy it was fixed :)