Author Topic: Mercenary  (Read 11178 times)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Mercenary
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »
I am a bit confused, I have a mystic mercenary and I can equip her not only with staff, but also with sword or dagger ?!? How is that possible ? I mean, does her weapon affect her ability to heal me as well ?

Oton

Re: Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:37:02 PM »
The Mystic can use light-weight weapons and armor.
Ergo - he can equip swords, daggers, throwing knives, staffs and bows, as well as leather armor.
The equipment does not effect his healing abilities at all.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »
The Mystic can use light-weight weapons and armor.
Ergo - he can equip swords, daggers, throwing knives, staffs and bows, as well as leather armor.
The equipment does not effect his healing abilities at all.

Thank you so much :) Is there any way to understand how characters decide what to do in the battle - i mean once 2 level 7 robbers and they decide to gang up on my mystic and kill her before I can kill them ... I always thought that mystics are supposed to stay in the back and heal you...

Is there a certain priority of actions perform - for example the mystic first heals herself, then you. Can she attack and heal herself at the same time ?  I know I am asking a few probably stupid questions, but I am trying to figure out the sequence of events here and I am not too good in it  :-\

Oton

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
The mobs are choosing by character type.
If there is a warrior in the party, he is in front and will be attacked first.
Ranger - second.
Mystic - last.
The mystic both heals himself and attacks in the same round. If he is at maximum health, he heals his companions, by choosing the one with the least health first.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »
Well, in this case I see a problem. I just fought a battle where the mystic had the entire time (about 30 rounds) full spirit and health and didnt get hit even once by the robbers. He was attacking them but didnt heal me at all (although I lost about 50 HP). Is this a bug or what is happening ?

Oton

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
Please, make a screenshot next time, Isolde.
Also, when you hire mercs, check out the skill they possess. If the mystic doesn't have a Heal skill, he cannot heal you.
Like, in the picture - this Mystic has 3 points at Counter-Attack. He can't heal you.
However, when he levels up, you can assign a skill point to his healing skill.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:14:46 PM by Oton »

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »

I will, I just had another battle where the robber attacked the mystic as well and he didnt heal himself either !!!. With a sword or knives he fights just like a warrior, he doesnt heal at all. I will post a battle report in a few minutes.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
My merc before the battle :

She heals herself in round 1 and me at round 2 afterwards for 20 rounds only hits the robbers. And yes, she had plenty of spirit.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
Also, when you hire mercs, check out the skill they possess. If the mystic doesn't have a Heal skill, he cannot heal you.
Like, in the picture - this Mystic has 3 points at Counter-Attack. He can't heal you.
However, when he levels up, you can assign a skill point to his healing skill.

I get it now :) Well, to me counterattack doesnt seem to be a skill for Mystics and all three that I could recruit in the tavern had that skill, not heal.  At least I understand now why he fights like a weak warrior :D

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:06 PM »
And let the questions pour  ::) I have absolutely no way of seeing what my merc's experience is or what skill it has after hiring her/him. When I go to tab skills or stats, it shows me those of the hero. Is there a way to see that ?

Oton

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »
We are still working on the merc's interface.
But you will able to see it.

Offline Xpertiza

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 06:29:41 AM »
The mobs are choosing by character type.
If there is a warrior in the party, he is in front and will be attacked first.
Ranger - second.
Mystic - last.
The mystic both heals himself and attacks in the same round. If he is at maximum health, he heals his companions, by choosing the one with the least health first.

check this one, my merc is a warrior, he hasn`t been hit until i was dead and i`m a mystic

http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=55632194.jpg

Oton

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »
check this one, my merc is a warrior, he hasn`t been hit until i was dead and i`m a mystic

http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=55632194.jpg
Bad luck.
The enemy picked you twice for an opponent, instead of the merc.

Offline Xpertiza

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
yes but pls clarity me, it supposed to be the warrior in front and mystic in the back, and those robbers came to me and never let me until i died ?

Oton

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
Until you reach specialization and be able to taunt enemies, they choose party members randomly.
However, the mystic gets a chance to be skipped in the first round if he is the first chosen.