Author Topic: Market  (Read 3447 times)

Offline demo_account

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Market
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
For programmer's god sake, pls, do something for the damn market ... it's probably the single most important part of the game!
- it's a pain to sell anything when you have big quantities of items (go and try to find the legendary one between the 30 equal items in list which are even not it groups but all over the list)
- you've implemented extending the market offers and ruined the only reliable way of watching the market as the most current offers can't be easily seen any more (I won't say about the visualization displacement bug that's immediately brought to anyone's attention). if I were naughty, I would promise to create 10 dummy characters and put 10x20 dummy market offers and extend them for 1000 hours ...
- filtering by item never gives "stable" results (I can never see all ruby offers in one place but need to enumerate all the gems offers like mad ... simply because there are couple of system string for the ruby)
- filtering is so clumsy and unpredictable that it's a major pita (I won't mention that some item types are simply non-filterable due to their equal system names - go and find a 6% tool in all the offers; or that you have to scan all the offers to find the 10+ dexterity one)
- when you bid on an item it always position you in the beginning of page and you have to scroll and find where you have bid to continue with offers browsing (won't mention that next/prev are probably better to be away from the buttons, i.e. on the other side)
- you can't see the offers of a particular person
- you can't open a particular filter by item in a new window (using the context menu as the "pic" is a flash)
- you can't sort by anything else than duration and bid numbers (how about quantity, seller, item, price components, tier - last can be seen only after a mouse over, won't mention attribute components)
- put back the dreaded free text search box (it's not a rocket science - all similar games has successful partial implementations, we don't want all-in-one solution)

... etc, etc, etc (I doubt I'll open another topic on the market subject as that's my second one)

take care,
and don't take it personal, it's just that we damn missed to get a clear win over fulham :)

edit: pls, move it to the correct section (I've just realized it's in "Questions" - well, the question is "will we be happy marketeers some day? lol :)"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:40:59 PM by demo_account »

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Market
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:45 AM »
I agree. The market needs an overhaul and many of the above mentioned suggestions should be implemented soon.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

Offline Lursofta

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »
I gues you are talking about Auction House?
If its true, then you just don't know how to use it.

1) You can sort Item by his class, e.g.: Armor, Resources... and so on.
2) You can sort your item by Tier. e.g.: Tier 1, Tier 2.. and so on.
3) You can sort your item by Quality e.g.: Rare, Epic.. and so on.
4) You even can choose what kind of payment you need e.g. : Gold or Imperial Diamonds.
5) You can sort this all things together for the best finding for you.

Just try to click offten buttons in auction house.  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:40:53 AM by Lursofta »

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »

4) You even can choose what kind of payment you need e.g. : Gold or Imperial Diamonds.

yes, they are talking about auction house. and believe me, demo_accounts know this game better than you, he play from beginning alpha server

Offline demo_account

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »

10x, che & geo!

well, I think you haven't understood my complain :) ... or at least what you've written is irrelevant with what I've written ;)
otherwise - yeah, surely you can do all the things you've listed :)

Offline Lursofta

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »
10x, che & geo!

well, I think you haven't understood my complain :) ... or at least what you've written is irrelevant with what I've written ;)
otherwise - yeah, surely you can do all the things you've listed :)

well I understand after 1st your sentence that you can not find items, like epic between other rare or simple.. that's why I wrote my previous post. ;)

Offline Lursofta

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
...and believe me, demo_accounts know this game better than you, he play from beginning alpha server

Yes, of course I belive, but I didn't dispute he's play-time in this game.  ;)

Offline demo_account

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
well I understand after 1st your sentence that you can not find items, like epic between other rare or simple.. that's why I wrote my previous post. ;)

yup, exactly - but when you sell them! ... as you have a combo with item names which are neither identifiable nor even grouped :)

edit:
P.S. my post is not just my first sentence :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:38:46 AM by demo_account »

Offline Lursofta

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
P.S. my post is not just my first sentence :)

I Was to lazy edit your post only with 1st sentence, pardon.  :)