Author Topic: ok, seriously now...  (Read 29104 times)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: ok, seriously now...
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »
Fair enough.

Still on my wishlist:

- Make the market for raw materials similar to GW/IO V4a market
- "+1 AP/day" items

chegewara

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
i have sugestion regarding arena. can be more possibilities to set bet? ie put some items (armour, weapons etc) and when both teams accept bet then will be fight? 8)

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
Seconded!

In medieval times, jousting often had the fighters' mount and/or suit of armor as collateral. Money somehow seems less dramatic...

Offline Repr

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
id like the option to party up with other players first...

"A chat-op is never late! Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when we ment him to !"

Offline Hiske

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »
I only read this topic now and Xaoc's posts do clarify a lot! thank you for that! But still I think the professions are not really balanced... For example; if you are an armorsmith-miner you can mine for resources and then craft items; you don't need others to make stuff... As a jeweller-stonecutter you always need others to make copper ingot for you which means you strongly depend on others to advance in tiers... as an armorsmith you can indeed choose to create/craft instead of fight; but as a jeweller-stonecutter it's almost impossible to do this... Also mining can guarantee you to get the right resources; but it's a lot harder to get gems somewhere! So far I found 2 gems in about 5 days! which means it will take months before I advance 1 tier!

In short I don't think it's possible to make the choice of fighting or crafting with all professions... some professions are just too unbalanced for that...

Or maybe I'm just missing the point! *pardon*

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
I only read this topic now and Xaoc's posts do clarify a lot! thank you for that! But still I think the professions are not really balanced... For example; if you are an armorsmith-miner you can mine for resources and then craft items; you don't need others to make stuff... As a jeweller-stonecutter you always need others to make copper ingot for you which means you strongly depend on others to advance in tiers... as an armorsmith you can indeed choose to create/craft instead of fight; but as a jeweller-stonecutter it's almost impossible to do this... Also mining can guarantee you to get the right resources; but it's a lot harder to get gems somewhere! So far I found 2 gems in about 5 days! which means it will take months before I advance 1 tier!

In short I don't think it's possible to make the choice of fighting or crafting with all professions... some professions are just too unbalanced for that...

Or maybe I'm just missing the point! *pardon*

That's why you play with friends who will get you copper ingots :) If I could, I would sell you some cheap, but the market is still not working :( I like this aspect of the game because it requires people to cooperate and you cant be just selfish and think of your own advancement :)

P.S. When you get to level 10, you have access to areas where you have over 30 % chance to mine stones, Hiske, so you'll get a lot more of them :)

Offline Starbuck

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 10:54:21 AM »
P.S. When you get to level 10, you have access to areas where you have over 30 % chance to mine stones, Hiske, so you'll get a lot more of them :)

at the same time, it reinforces one of the core criticism of the crafting point system : that it's unbalanced compared to the Hero's XP level
you won't be able to reach those areas by yourself unless you level up your character, or unless you do nothing else but crafting and you let unskilled Guild members do the digging for you
"I'll keel you !!" ... one more fan to add to my list :D   

Offline Hiske

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »
That's why you play with friends who will get you copper ingots :) If I could, I would sell you some cheap, but the market is still not working :( I like this aspect of the game because it requires people to cooperate and you cant be just selfish and think of your own advancement :)

yes I know that and I agree very much with this; but then it should count for all professions! it's not fair when 1 profession can make things entirely on his own and other professions can't! IMO this unbalances the game... cause why would you choose a profession (jeweller-stonecutter) where you totally depend on others over a profession (for example armorsmith-miner) where you can do it yourself AND with help from others...

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 11:53:40 AM »
yes I know that and I agree very much with this; but then it should count for all professions! it's not fair when 1 profession can make things entirely on his own and other professions can't! IMO this unbalances the game... cause why would you choose a profession (jeweller-stonecutter) where you totally depend on others over a profession (for example armorsmith-miner) where you can do it yourself AND with help from others...

Because you like shiny things  :P Just kidding of course :) I mean, I think in the real game when its launched, you will have plenty of opportunities to buy ingots cheap at the market...I think with jeweller profession it is just impossible to be able to do it all on your own since you cant both mine AND cut stones, that part to me is realistic so something's got to give. On the other hand I think when the game is working, your goods will be worth a lot - meaning you can sell an amulet for 200 but buy an ingot for 20, so this dependency if you have good guild members and a working market should not be a problem :)

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »
Actually the jeweler can make plenty of plain rings that only require ore.. so if you have picked to be miner you can advance just fine. The stonecutter is a bit different, it is a tough choice but should make it very valuable being not a popular one. (once the auction house supports exchanging resources - we cannot have market like the one in GW, because we have over 50 resources here... it is much more practical to have it item by item as in auction rather than try to make a stock exchange type market)

Also additionally - after Tier 2 ALL professions  need materials that cannot make themselves - so trade will be a must for everyone. (swords will need leather, leather armors will need metal and so on..)

Soon there is going to be a change in the AP spending when refining resources - 1 AP will be enough to make 5 metal bars/hides/wood, instead of the 5 we take now. (therefore you should stack resources and do them all at once to be most efficient, if you do 1 at a time you still get 1 AP spent)

Also soon the binding of items will start, so no more second-hand outfitting. (the multistage dungeons will be bind on pick up!) so... prapare your smiting hammers :)

chegewara

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:52 PM »
rebalancing experience. cause we always gain same exp in one dungeon if we are 1 lvl and 20 lvl. but this should be lot less cause fight is very easy then. i to go fight with boss lvl 6 and earn 30 exp and lose 5 HP than fight with marauder lvl 14 and earn 40 exp and lose 400 HP 8)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »

Soon there is going to be a change in the AP spending when refining resources - 1 AP will be enough to make 5 metal bars/hides/wood, instead of the 5 we take now. (therefore you should stack resources and do them all at once to be most efficient, if you do 1 at a time you still get 1 AP spent)

THIS is the best thing I have heard in a week ! I think the amount of AP you have to invest in crafting to reach a level discourages people from taking that road - therefore there will be no crafters - therefore there will be way fewer opportunities to find bugs associating with crafting ! Especially the fact that alpha test is short makes people think: "Oh, why should I bother to craft, 1 month is too short to achieve anything". This is indeed good news :)

Also soon the binding of items will start, so no more second-hand outfitting. (the multistage dungeons will be bind on pick up!) so... prapare your smiting hammers :)

I dont understand this statement too well ? Do you mean to say that if during a fight a monster drops an item, you cant give it too a guildmate ? Or if you WEAR it before you cant give it to anyone ? This kind of sucks although I see it will make crafting even more worthwhile. Still I think if you dont wear the item, you should be able to give it to someone or sell it on the market, will this be the case ?

rebalancing experience. cause we always gain same exp in one dungeon if we are 1 lvl and 20 lvl. but this should be lot less cause fight is very easy then. i to go fight with boss lvl 6 and earn 30 exp and lose 5 HP than fight with marauder lvl 14 and earn 40 exp and lose 400 HP 8)

there is a drawback to fighting lower level monsters, che, you get no good items !!! Experience is not everything and you have limited AP, its up to you what you do with them. If you fight level 6 boss, you can get gloves to sell for 15 gold because noone wants them. If you fight level 14 marauder you can get armor worth 1k or something. So it's up to you which strategy you choose, right ;)

Offline radooo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »
I dont understand this statement too well ? Do you mean to say that if during a fight a monster drops an item, you cant give it too a guildmate ? Or if you WEAR it before you cant give it to anyone ? This kind of sucks although I see it will make crafting even more worthwhile. Still I think if you dont wear the item, you should be able to give it to someone or sell it on the market, will this be the case ?

In World of Warcraft it is called bind when picked up ;D

chegewara

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:35 PM »
there is a drawback to fighting lower level monsters, che, you get no good items !!! Experience is not everything and you have limited AP, its up to you what you do with them. If you fight level 6 boss, you can get gloves to sell for 15 gold because noone wants them. If you fight level 14 marauder you can get armor worth 1k or something. So it's up to you which strategy you choose, right
i know that but for what me AP if i have no HP? then i only can use it to crafting, and good but if someone dont want be crafter? then only way is buying potions 8)
but if exp lower when is big difference on levels then fighter go fight with stronger monsters. i can make big bonus to kill humanoids only in hope village plains and this is good reason to fight only in there 8)

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:04 PM »
The binding of the items will be after they have been used in 1 battle... so you can try them on to see what they look like, but if you or your mercs take them to battle they become theirs for good... (only shops would buy them back), this is a must if we are to have viable game economy.

The binding on pick up is absolutely necessary for the special dungeons (those that are like the Dead man's crack), because they will present you with very unique monsters, which if you could sell the items will flood the market and make the items worthless...

So for selling only crafters will be able to sell rare+ items, plus the much more rare chance to meet special monster in the open, or get lucky and get special item from a normal monsters. (it is possible) And of course there is a possibility to buy an item from the stores, that you feel is with great stats and try to sell it through the auction.

Also we will think how we can make it, so if a party enters the multistage dungeons, all members would be able to use the dropped items. (still no selling)

Anyhow crafting will be important, so don't underestimate it.