Author Topic: mass messages  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Hiske

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
mass messages
« on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
I miss them... can we have them?  :-*

Oton

Re: mass messages
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:44 AM »
No.

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »
Can we use telepathy to speak with the rest of our allies?/sarcasm off

I mean, lol, like now, is shitty when people try to talk in an alliance
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro
"Take what you can, give nothing back"

Oton

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »
Can we use telepathy to speak with the rest of our allies?/sarcasm off

I mean, lol, like now, is shitty when people try to talk in an alliance
You can send pigeons for all I care.

You have chat, which will be fixed and you have Guild Forum, which works just nice.
No mass messages.
Read my lips.
No.

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
lol, nice attitude, for someone who`s supposed to work for a game who`s under development. i see that you are lacking communication skills the same as in IO forum. with attitude like yours will gain a lot of customers for your employer. but you`ll lose in face of competition, since in any RPG, mass chat is possible.

and if you really play this game, you should know that chat and guild forum are not enough for coordinating (especially when parties will be introduced).

a suggestion also. since you are official, explaining a decision would work better than "No", which is a lol answer. the fact that you don`t care about having a good relations with customers is kind of obvious, though, but at least, you can act as you do. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:50:43 PM by k_mihai »
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Offline josep

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »

Offline Hiske

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
You can send pigeons for all I care.

You have chat, which will be fixed and you have Guild Forum, which works just nice.
No mass messages.
Read my lips.
No.

can I please ask you why not? and can I maybe bribe you with some green stuff when you come to holland?  :-*

Oton

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »
Ok, ok.
You try to joke and Mr. "I know Everything" immediately starts to lecture you about your attitude.
Jeez...

I'll speak with the bosses about the mass messages, Mr. K_Mihai, if you please.

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
kk, sorry, :P sounded for real

well, is not just about big guilds, also for players with less support. something like a mass chat would help them to find parties or guilds. we in Reacro knew each other for ages, so was easier, same as for other 3-4 guilds in top rankings but not everybody benefits from the same situation.
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Oton

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
Also, nearly 98% of the players in Reacro are former or present IO players, so they have used to the mass messages.
May I remind you, Mihai, that Reacro is not everyone in Imperial Hero and a great deal of the new players in this game have never played IO?

Probably this is the reason my bosses have not yet ordered us to deploy mass messages.
As I said, there will be improvements to the chat and there is the guild Forum, which is working just fine.
So, for now, let us deploy the much more important modules in the game and then we will consider... how to make our top guild feel better even more.
Please.
:)

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
is not about our top guild. exactly cause we know each other for ages, we can coordinate anyway, mass messages or not 9worst case, we can use a IO chat). we don`t have problems with trusting each other, or helping, which are common in RPGs, we have one of the best organization in era etc. 
but for players dont know each other very well, it will be a lot more difficult than for us. imagine a new player making a guild with people whom he or she doesn`t know, and has difficulties talking to all at the same time. or, making a party with random people
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Oton

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
is not about our top guild. exactly cause we know each other for ages, we can coordinate anyway, mass messages or not 9worst case, we can use a IO chat). we don`t have problems with trusting each other, or helping, which are common in RPGs, we have one of the best organization in era etc. 
but for players dont know each other very well, it will be a lot more difficult than for us. imagine a new player making a guild with people whom he or she doesn`t know, and has difficulties talking to all at the same time. or, making a party with random people
Again, you are considering the things from the IO player's point of view.
You don't know whether the new players have difficulties communicating with each other or not.
But, when the time comes, we will take the suggestion under consideration.

Offline k_mihai

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
nope, mass communication in guilds and general chats are common in all RPGs. they help build trusts between people. forums are ok, but they are not checked non stop, and if is something urgent, it will be read to late. reverse, PMs are ok for urgency, but is difficult to talk with everybody.

take the mutual help stuff. would someone give a legendary item to an complete unknown person, who can anytime leave and go to a stronger guild.

then, let`s say, someone wants to make a guild event, like fighting in arena, etc. without instant and mass comm, it would be difficult.

also, to make parties, would be helpful for new players to ask in a general chat for a party, then to pm like 50 people in his zone. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:20:50 PM by k_mihai »
Tank mystic 28
Proud member of Reacro

Offline Hiske

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
But, when the time comes, we will take the suggestion under consideration.

ok great! I'll come back to this subject 'when the time comes' ;)