Author Topic: prices of the crafted "goods"  (Read 11588 times)

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
prices of the crafted "goods"
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
I have chosen armorsmith profession and I wonder if the prices of the crafted armors are not to cheap compared to the real prices that are available in the shops.
For example:
Copper Scale Shirt (48 armor) cost in the shop 480 pcs of gold.
The price of the crafted armor (the same) 15 pcs of gold.
The difference between the selling prices is 32 times.

If we now buy weapon in the shop and the same crafted weapon, the difference is much less (about 10 times).
Is this ok?
I think that armorsmith can't earn money on the stuff that he produces by selling it in the shops
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:46:13 PM by thomason »

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Re: prices of the crafted "goods"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »
Difference should be x10 for all of them... smells like a bug.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:36:26 PM »
Difference should be x10 for all of them... smells like a bug.

Yes, that is completely unfair !!! A crafter item is much cheaper that the same item (same level, same armor). I dont understand why ?

Offline IrishFairy

• Mystic in life and in game
  • Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:22 PM »
To create a cape i am using 6 light hides 4 gold each and 4 AP to make it... and it costs 1 gold? I don't understand this business at all... it is completely unfair...

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:37 PM »
Armorsmith profession is like other professions...

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:07:40 PM »
To create a cape i am using 6 light hides 4 gold each and 4 AP to make it... and it costs 1 gold? I don't understand this business at all... it is completely unfair...

dont forget about the recipes. look at the ones of the other professions, and the the ones of armorsmith
Tier one
armorsmith cost 3gold
other 25 or more...
I think this is also a bug

Offline Commoner

• Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:55 AM »
To clarify yes Vendor price for crafted items IS much lower than the items drops of the same level. But keep in mind that the crafted items are designed to be sold on the Auction not to vendor. As well as given to guild mates (which in my opinion is a great way to equip).

Offline thomason

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
To clarify yes Vendor price for crafted items IS much lower than the items drops of the same level. But keep in mind that the crafted items are designed to be sold on the Auction not to vendor. As well as given to guild mates (which in my opinion is a great way to equip).

But why the other professions have advantage in the selling crafted goods?
The auction at the moment looks like this:
many the same things and much less bids.

There is other reason why the crafted goods made by armorsmith should cost more:
for example:
I make very good armor with armor 48. I use many resources and many action points that are worth more than 15 gold that I receive (for lvl 6 armor). In my guild there arent many warriors, so I cant give them this mail armor. On auction there will be also difficult to sell this. I get more from selling things of level 4 that I receive from my enemies.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:20:01 AM by thomason »

Offline Commoner

• Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
The prices of crafting items as all at this point is possible to be changed if we are confident that it is not balanced or will have no use in the real game. Thank you for pointing this and we appreciate all comments and suggestions for game improvements.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »
I see another problem with crafting outside of prices. Crafting is absolutely pointless after you reach level 6, you can find much better items than any of your teammates can craft ! Yesterday I was able to find 3 armors with 50 defense, in this way I can equip half of the people in my guild ! On the other hand, it will take a craftsman almost 2 days to mine and craft 3 armors.

There needs to be better balance or noone will invest in crafting items. Maybe points need to be decreased to reach higher crafting Tier, or crafted items need to be better in some way ???

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
There is going to be some re-balancing of drops and etc, but you have to understand that crafting is an investment for the long run... the first items are not that great but you make them in order to get to the better ones... if you are a crafter that can make rare or even Legendary items you would be greatly appreciated. That is the reason for the low buying back prices - you have been awarded crafting points for the effort.

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »
Whereas, when you go to dungeons, you are rewarded exp points that make you a better fighter. AND more items per AP than you get by crafting.

Having to make 100 copper ingots (~4 days) just to be able to advance to tier 2 materials doesn't look like a bonus to me... It looks like a handicap. With 100 AP I can easily advance 2-4 levels and get much better items through raiding than I would through crafting, and more money (although it's debatable that one day this will be rewarded through demand in the market, I don't see why dropped items would not have the same or better value in the market as crafted items).

So, still seems unbalanced to me...

Also, a lot of the weapons I'd want to craft simply aren't available as recipes for Tier 1, which again means I need to advance an experience Tier if I want weapons I can both craft and, you know, actually use. :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:23:54 PM by Polymeron »

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
There is going to be some re-balancing of drops

Offline Polymeron

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
Fair enough, just make sure that the costs associated with crafting aren't too prohibitive...