Author Topic: why no XP for fighting  (Read 2693 times)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
why no XP for fighting
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
I understand why there`s no XP for PvP fighting. but dont understand, why there`s no XP for fighting for resources in dangerous provinces. when someone attack you and you defeat, you definitely should gain experience. pretty much XP, cause attacker is much stronger than regular creatures, I think. if you are weak and dont want to fight, dont want to be XP well, dont go there.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
Re: why no XP for fighting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:19:39 PM »
I understand why there`s no XP for PvP fighting. but dont understand, why there`s no XP for fighting for resources in dangerous provinces. when someone attack you and you defeat, you definitely should gain experience. pretty much XP, cause attacker is much stronger than regular creatures, I think. if you are weak and dont want to fight, dont want to be XP well, dont go there.

Maybe because you are not spending AP for this fight. You are just protecting your resources/right to be there and you dont lose action points, so why do you get experience ? Although, it would be nice :)

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:23:46 PM »
but attacker spending AP... you can lose too and attacker should gain XP, of course. fighting monsters give XP and fighting players  dont? (PvP isnt real fight, only some practice which dont reflect to the game). I think its strange and need revision:-)

Judith

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:55:57 AM »
Game tips.

Plus, you don't fight vs a mob, you fight vs another player. I've never played an rpg/mmorpg where you take exp from pvp - actually in most of them,you LOSE exp when dying from pvp .. (not that we should care about the other games) BUT i don't think that's soooo cool. And except that, don't you take a reward like taking some of the stuff of your opponent, guess it's not enough huh?

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »
I`m not taking anything. just sometimes win fight with pretty stronger attacker. and get nothing.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
I`m not taking anything. just sometimes win fight with pretty stronger attacker. and get nothing.

Well, if you attack someone - who is digging iron ore for example - and you win, then you get the resources he already has dug. If you attack a hero fighting in a dangerous province - you win 10% of his gold.

So, you see, there is a clear gain from spending this AP - resources, gold, etc. That's the reward, thats why you dont receive any experience.

Offline jaros

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
its wrong anyway