Author Topic: New hammers, less fortune  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
New hammers, less fortune
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
I noticed, taht with new hammers, chance to get a better item has droped.

I have 30% hammer, i used it 11 times , and got 1 rare, all other normals.

I mean common, my rare chances are abor 59%, some rares sould have occured.

Its like when new 50% hammers appeared, something cahge in strucuture.
SO what now, i have to buy 50% hammer to have the chances that i had with 30%.

Its too expensive, and the 30% looses point .... im sad.

Crassus

Re: New hammers, less fortune
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
I believe that you were unlucky since the chances was not changed...
Every time you craft the system take a random number, and this number is that decides if you have rare etc, crafting...
This mean even with 50% chance you may get 0 rares at 10 crafts...

{tip(?) usually programmers select the seed of random number from non-static numbers...for example (i use) the time...}

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
Well, am i so unlucky ?

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Well, i believe you are... even with 50% chance flip a coin 5-10 times and you will see, you will not have exact 50% chance...
I know it is not seems fair but it's simple statistics...
for bit more explain check here: http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=4780.0
even with total 100%+ chance to craft something other than simple, you may be unlucky...

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 11:06:48 PM »
Well, am i so unlucky ?

You are unlucky :) Dont worry,happens to me all the time. I just cry a bit about the pile of wasted resources and get over it :D

Offline deyana

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »
Before appearance 30% hammers
I craft 1-2 rare items in 1-2 days with 4% hammer and 8X time
(to make an attempt 12-24 times)...

But now... without 30-50% hammers rare chances to go from bad to worse, imho   ???

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 12:53:06 AM »
well, thats my opinio too, taht are lesser than before, programmers now it for sure :)

We can just wine.

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
I still dont understand why you "wine"  ??? I mean, are you unhappy that 30-50% tools appeared AT ALL, or you think that since they appeared, normal tools that dont cost diamonds are weaker ?

Cause if its the second thing, there is absolutely no reason to think so, the chance to create special items is created based on a formula and it hasnt changed at all, so I see no need to worry. So, naturally, crafting with a 4% vs 50% hammer would look way worse - but that really depends on you and what are your goals in the game - not everyone has to get to epic in 3 days. The mathematical chance to craft has not changed...your forture, well that's a different story - but for that problem I think you might need to consult your astrologist :D

If issue 1 is your problem, then we can actually have a fruitful discussion ;)

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
Its the second thing, as i said before, there were legendary and rare going out, now barely rare :) with 30% hammer :)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »
Its the second thing, as i said before, there were legendary and rare going out, now barely rare :) with 30% hammer :)

You know, crafting is one of those things that you must learn to take defeat !. Yesterday crafter number 1 in my guild spent 30 AP crafting with a 50% hammer - just 1 epic, no legendary, a ton of rare. He was really upset at the 50% hammers, so I tried crafting :)

Got 2 epic with 50% hammer (on another account), 5 legendary, etc with 22 tries. Then changed to a 30% tool and from 15 AP got 1 epic, 3 legendary. I dont usually count rare.

So tell me, how can I base my response to him and you on my results from crafting one day - it looks normal to me !. Its just luck, roll of the dice, no way to convince someone crafting is OK until you get lucky yourself, so that's all I can wish you :)

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »
AH, im angry cause rubys are so expensive, and when i go craft something with ruby, its not even rare, its just pure loss, hardly to sell for 30% of ruby worth, withouz counting other resources. And when i craft some shitty item, legendary drops :)

Offline isolde

• Tier 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
AH, im angry cause rubys are so expensive, and when i go craft something with ruby, its not even rare, its just pure loss, hardly to sell for 30% of ruby worth, withouz counting other resources. And when i craft some shitty item, legendary drops :)

Try spending 10 pearls, worth 100k each and getting nothing,just 1 or 2 crappy rares :) I understand your problem, but I just cant blame the hammer for it :D Its simply luck of the draw :/