Author Topic: Mercenaries rule!  (Read 2565 times)

Crassus

Mercenaries rule!
« on: October 01, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »
I would like to suggest something about the mercs...
I believe for game balance issues a new rule should apply. The new rule shouldn't allow the use of more than two mercs with the same main class at the team. This way the players will be forced to have at least one merc of each class to their team. And two of their favorite class. Right now the most players are select their team to be max critical, max range. Thus they choose rangers as mercs... Sometimes you are able to see and some mystics among the rangers... Yes we know ranger is the ruler class of the game, also the game almost hates fighters (with fury warriors trying to save the warrior class), but "buffing" even the merc select is too much...
I am sure that someone will suggest simply "Why don't you hire rangers too?"
Well I did and really helped but this is not the point!

Is out there anyone who agree with me?

Sheremetev

Re: Mercenaries rule!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
This will be a pretty radical move. Not that I don't agree the main PvM configuration is Hero + a lot of hunters, but this doesn't have to do so much with balance as with making the game a little harder. And, even if people had to choose mercs of different classes, finally a new trend (common for almost all players) would set in, but the game would be harder.

So, your suggestion has its Pros&Cons, but I am not sure the first are more than the latter.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:13:03 PM by Sheremetev »

Cuorion

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »
Let me reach level 45 and bring me as many rangers as you want. :D

Seriously now, your suggestion has some points. If I was to analyse it, I would pretty much say the same things with Sheremetev, so I won't repeat. Just a positive vote for the suggestion.

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
I think I can see some "moves" against these huge parties of ranged rangers. In Tier6 I found many dungeons with enemies with much life, very good armored ( first part of lowering damage ) and with special ability ( Fortified Armor, etc. ) which lowered damage caused by ranged weapons by 80percent ( second part of lowering damage )!!! You cannot use usual way - kill all enemies before they shot at you first time.

damage by ranged, crit archer with epic xbow :

Piercing Shot adds 30 to the weapon's damage.
Fortified Armor stance reduces damage taken, which is 786.272 with 629.0176.
Merc hits Giant Sea Turtle for 157.2544 and the latter is left with 7943.91 health.
Monster kills bonus adds 0% to damage.

damage by fury warrior :

Berserker Stance stance adds 605.1766325 to 2750.802875 damage.
Merc hits Giant Sea Turtle for 3355.9795075 and the latter is left with -1511.13 health.
Monster kills bonus adds 0% to damage.
A critical hit is performed! 41/45.5!

Cuorion

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:16:33 PM »
Also, there's a stance that many people underestimate... Deflect Arrows.