Author Topic: Unbalanced weapons - ranger  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Unbalanced weapons - ranger
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »
Can anyone explain me waht for are used bows and crossbows.
I mean common, who will use that ? Their stats are worse than spears, and you cant wear a shield, furthermore croosbow takes you 20% agility and dexterity ?

So on one hand i can take more dedly weapon - spears, and take a shield with more stats for me.

On other hand i can take no worth bows and crossbows, that take me my armorm, and my shield stats, and evene my most valuabale stats agy and dex.
And ony thing better is 1 range more. phew that will save me!

Someone should balance that, i dunno if anyone buys bow at all, and its bad for game.

chegewara

Re: Unbalanced weapons - ranger
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:59 AM »
when you start crying that spear lose 50% damage after 20 rounds then we start talk about it

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
when you start crying that spear lose 50% damage after 20 rounds then we start talk about it

Maim hasta, with range 3 and very good minimal damage, was even better than any bow tier 3. Luckily they changed its range back to 2. Also about these rounds you mentioned - with the proper band of mercs one can easily shorten any battle beneath 20 rounds. About bows, my merc uses bow + crit and does miracles with it :).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:00:12 AM by newcomer »
..ave Europa nostra vera Patria...

Dominia - The Prophecy

chegewara

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »
with proper band of mercs you dont need any weapon. i am 23 lvl and with my mercs i can easy fight on multistage dungeons with enemies 29 lvl, even few times in row

Offline Baldric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
The thing is he doesn`t want to use mercs.
Bows are good cause of a bigger range and yes that could very well save you. I would never use a crossbow but that`s just me.

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »

Where can i read that ? Crossbows and bows doenst lose damage ?

And im not crying, babys cry ;), just saying the facts that can help developers.
If it would be cool to use bows and crossbows ,then more people wpuld use them i don see many people using it.
In fact i didnt see no one using crosbow.

chegewara

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »
i dont want to say you cry now. i want to say other player write here crying this, they dont know that spear lose 50% damage after 20 rounds. and how said Baldric bows have better range and bonus to agility or dexterity, dont remember now. maybe crossbows and knives are some unbalanced but not spears

Offline Geomaticus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »
On other hand i can take no worth bows and crossbows, that take me my armorm, and my shield stats, and evene my most valuabale stats agy and dex.
And ony thing better is 1 range more. phew that will save me!

There are range bonuses available (in tier 2) to the use of bows/crosswbows that can give up to a range 6.
Is that available for your spear?
Having that extra range can lower the opponents health significantly before they are in range for thier own weapons.
Search the forum - read the FAQ's and News - Don't multi-post

chegewara

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »
There are range bonuses available (in tier 2) to the use of bows/crosswbows that can give up to a range 6.
Is that available for your spear?
Having that extra range can lower the opponents health significantly before they are in range for thier own weapons.
this bonus works with spears too, cause spear is range weapon too

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
this bonus works with spears too, cause spear is range weapon too

A Hunter with javelin. Now this is something :). Eagle eye indeed increases the range of the weapon. On the other hand Stalkers skill stealth decreases its range, so if we are talking about Stalker vs Hunter, last one has no chance to win.

Dominia - The Prophecy

chegewara

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »
you have right, javelin not spears

Offline Bolindus

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
i dont want to say you cry now. i want to say other player write here crying this, they dont know that spear lose 50% damage after 20 rounds. and how said Baldric bows have better range and bonus to agility or dexterity, dont remember now. maybe crossbows and knives are some unbalanced but not spears

And where can man read taht after 20 rounds its 50% less damage to javelin? Are there other feats like this on other weapons ?
That information should be available to all.

And yeah were talking bout javelins not spears, my mistake ;)

Offline Baldric

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »
Yeah that is a very useful information. I don`t think it is up anywhere yet... Maybe it will be added later.

Offline newcomer

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 08:01:03 AM »
you have right, javelin not spears

No kidding, one of my team members is a Hunter with skill Eagle Eye and armed with javelin. Thus the range of the weapon become higher than two I guess.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 08:02:36 AM by newcomer »

Dominia - The Prophecy