Author Topic: New Sets and You  (Read 2680 times)

Oton

New Sets and You
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »
Share your feeling, please.

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: New Sets and You
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
How is possible... ??? Hanter can not equip 2 Throwing Knives... look on Song of the Sun Tier 6, 3 Parts sets... and tier 5, 3 parts sets (Song of Serpent)...  :) and Tier 4, 3 parts sets Buccaneer's Justice  :D
Hanter can equip only 2 Daggers...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:37:18 PM by TaniaR »

Offline TaniaR

• Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
Wings of the Ancient + The Outcast Hunter for tier 6 = deadly hunter

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
 *UNDECIDED*
I feel disappointed...
Rangers have many different set styles, Fury have to choose between two-hand weapons and 2 one-hand swords or even 2 mace set styles... The only Guardians get is a Mace set style... :'(
You buffed (even more) the ranger classes adding block bonuses to their sets, plus the weapons you giving them give +20% at main attributes and with the bonuses from the set... go even higher, when you give bonus dexterity to a set with a mace (giving a +20% penalty to dexterity) for warriors....

See this:
2 Throwing Knives + Amulet

Song of the Sun

Bonuses:
2 Items Equipped: +32 Dexterity, +16 Strength
Entire Set: +42 Dexterity, +15 Critical Strike, +42 Strength

total bonus is 42+42*40/100=58.8

2 Maces + Amulet

The Pirate Glory

Bonuses:
2 Items Equipped: +32 Agility, +32 Strength
Entire Set: +42 Agility, +32 Strength, +32 Dexterity

total bonus is 32-32*40/100=19.2

And i didn't count them as main attribute... Simple as bonus... and the sets are from the same tier and same set pieces...

But this for the so called weapon sets...
As for tier 6 sets i liked them...

maeof

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
Rangers for ever (p.s ima a ranger) ;)

(joke :D  for ''for ever'')

Cuorion

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
I took my time to study the new item sets and here's my opinion.

Easy one first. The new armor sets for Tier 6 are nice. They stay on the same logic as the previous tiers, only with larger bonuses.

I can't say the same though for the weapon sets. There are some serious balance issues here, regarding the usefulness of some of the sets. Let me take them one at a time.

Generally, it seems there's one set on each tier for each character build. That's a good thing as an idea, but there are some overpowered and some useless sets there.

First overpowered set, the dual throwing knives. First of all, this implies that throwing knives can now be used in dual-wield. Each knife also adds +20% to dexterity and agility as a standard. These said, that +42 dexterity bonus becomes +88 in the hands of a stalker (42 * 1.4 due to weapons bonus * 1.5 due to dexterity being a key attribute to the stalker). The critical bonus is always a good addition against high agility enemies who can lower the stalker's critical enough to uncap it. That strength bonus also lowers the enemy's block for a bit, basicly the only thing that can ignore some damage from a stalker (since their huge dexterity allows no dodge against them).

Second overpowered set, the dual daggers. +42 block. Added to a base of 10 block to each weapon, for a total of +62. If at least one of the weapons has a block bonus on its own, you've got a tank stalker, against who most attacks will either be evaded or blocked. Critical and strength bonuses also work the same way as the throwing knives.

Third overpowered set, the staff. +20 block added to a base 40-block staff, in addition to any additional bonus on the weapon, the mages standard high agility and his Inner Spirit ability can create a guardian-level tank that can still support the group with his buffs/curses and/or deal damage through high critical (Inner Concentration) and blocks (Counterattack). The rest of the bonuses are also very good, considering they are both key attributes of the user's class (+28 Intelligence, +28 Agility are actually +42 Intelligence, +42 Agility for a mage).

First useless set, the dual maces. Maces give a -20% penalty to dexterity. For duals, that's a -40%. The damage output of two maces together is also not bigger than that of a hammer. For a fury warrior to choose dual maces, it would meen he is abaddoning all defence capabilities (since his agility is by default low compared to the base dexterity of everyone in tier 5+, plus maces got no block bonus), plus any critical capabilities (by reducing his own dexterity by 40%). He also accepts the idea that he will hit at most once every three tries (thank god evade chance is capped at 65%). The set bonuses don't help either. With strength bonus being the only useful one, a dexterity bonus is almost halved by the weapons themselves and an agility bonus is also lowered by the fact that the average fury wears heavy armor.

Second useless set, the mace and shield. Being a set created for the guardian class, it's a total failure. No block weapon, no block in set bonuses, no vitality. Bonuses include dexterity (reduced by the user's weapon), agility (reduced by the user's armor and shield) and dexterity, a non-vital attribute for a tank.

To conclude, there's a great winner and a great loser out of the whole matter. The winner being the Stalker, with two badass sets and a new even more badass ability (dual-wielding throwing knives), and the loser being the Guardian, with his only usable set being completely useless. There's some love given to the Mages, but I personally think they need it. The Hunters and the Furys are balanced enough (the Fury may got a useless set, but there are 3 more balanced sets to choose from).

P.S.: It is visible enough to me that you excluded sets with widely used items (javelins and hammers basicly). I can see you're trying to give other possibilities to players by adding these sets. It needs some balancing though. The guardians practically get no new possibilities and the stalkers get too many.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:39:00 PM by Cuorion »