Author Topic: Why my followers don't loot?  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Why my followers don't loot?
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »
If the main character go down but the battle is won my followers will not loot the enemy.

Why?

I get that it was implemented to avoid kamikaze attack from high level character against storyline bosses, but implementing it in all missions and all steps of the storylines is simply a way to punish low level character because higher level characters exploit the game.

You should find a better way to balance things.

Cuorion

Re: Why my followers don't loot?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
It was this way all along, this is not something that was implemented lately. ???

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »
It was this way all along, this is not something that was implemented lately. ???

Sorry, but I am sure that in the past my followers have looted time and again when my leader was down.

It is a fairly recent development.

Cuorion

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
I play since November and I remember asking Crassus the same question in Hope Village's multistage dungeon. ???

Judith

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
I assume by followers you mean mercenaries? When you fight in a Multistage Dungeon, and your Hero dies, but some of the mercenaries remain alive in the (maybe last ?) battle, you might win the battle, but you won't receive the quest item. Therefore, you have to start back from the first stage.
It's been like that since.. forever?

By exploiting the game what exactly do you mean? Please, share your opinion.

Sheremetev

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
Maybe he wants to say that when the hero dies in a victorious battle (mercs finish off the enemy) the loot is really really small- e.g, in a normal zone that I usually earn about 60K gold (counting the items sold to vendor), if my hero dies I get only 2-3K gold and no items.

I am not sure what he refers to by the "kamekaze exploit", but I suppose the new rule about locking lower tier dungeons if you survive the battle with the boss tipped him off (otherwise, you can yield monstrous gainings by suiciding your hero in a surewin battles- mercs kill the boss, you get some nice legendary/epic items, the storyline doesn't count your attempt successful- you have a nice goldmine for the first several levels in the higher tier, etc). With the "died hero, small loot" rule this is impossible. And the question posed is- is this rule justified in normal zones?

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »
I assume by followers you mean mercenaries? When you fight in a Multistage Dungeon, and your Hero dies, but some of the mercenaries remain alive in the (maybe last ?) battle, you might win the battle, but you won't receive the quest item. Therefore, you have to start back from the first stage.
It's been like that since.. forever?

Maybe he wants to say that when the hero dies in a victorious battle (mercs finish off the enemy) the loot is really really small- e.g, in a normal zone that I usually earn about 60K gold (counting the items sold to vendor), if my hero dies I get only 2-3K gold and no items.

I am not sure what he refers to by the "kamekaze exploit", but I suppose the new rule about locking lower tier dungeons if you survive the battle with the boss tipped him off (otherwise, you can yield monstrous gainings by suiciding your hero in a surewin battles- mercs kill the boss, you get some nice legendary/epic items, the storyline doesn't count your attempt successful- you have a nice goldmine for the first several levels in the higher tier, etc). With the "died hero, small loot" rule this is impossible. And the question posed is- is this rule justified in normal zones?

1) What I am referring to is that, even in a normal battle, if the hero die but the battle is won, you get the gold and XP but there is no loot: no potions, no weapons, no armors, no bones, no pelts to harvest.
    It has changed that way recently, at least in my experience.
   It is not referred specifically to multiple stage dungeons

2) Kamikaze exploit:

attacking the last stage of a multistage dungeon while wearing no armor so that the hero will die and the dungeon stay open as uncompleted.

You were the one to define the attack to die tactic open a kamikase attack, Sheremetev:

Yes, the bonsai-hadoken-kamekadze attack saces a margin of the repair taxes. But when the hero dies the mercs go totally ape and completely forget about scavaging the enemies. Gold is several times less too.

And the question posed is- is this rule justified in normal zones?

And you are asking the right question.

3)

Exploiting: "gaming" the rules to get maximum gains even when it is against the spirit of the game.

The spirit is that, when capable you will go and fight in a higher tier zone, the rules allow you to farm a lower tier zone even when you are fully capable of winning the battles in the easiest dungeons of the next tier.

Note that the kind of loot you get in the higher tiers of a level compared to what you find in the lowest tiers of the next push you toward this kins of behavior too. Only the tanners has an incentive to fight immediately in the higher tiers dungeon it they contains animals. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:09:49 PM by Jago »

Sheremetev

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
I guess my memory takes a day off from time to time. But atleast I don't have the feeling of a dejavu now.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »
I hope you will read the whole post. I was still editing it when you replied.