Poll

What do you think about the new skills?

They are perfect as they are
Good enough
With some changes they will be good
Need a lot of changes before they applied
No way... They are awful.
I don't know i will say my disagreement after they are applied

Author Topic: New Skills Discussion  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Re: New Skills Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »
Here is a copy/paste of the list.

Some comment next post.

New Skills in Imperial Hero

Skills For All Classes

Crafter

Each level increases the chance of crafting rare, legendary and epic items with certain %.

Explorer

Each level increases the chance of digging resources with certain %.

Pillaging

Each level increases the gold and item drop with certain %. It can not exceed 200%.

Slayer

Each level increases the chance to choose the strongest opponent with certain %.

Hardening

The hero loses less equipment durability, when defeated in battle.

Furry Warrior's Skills

Battle Frenzy

After a successful hit, the strength of the next hit is increased with certain percentage;
The defense is reduced with the same percentage. The skill is interrupted after an unsuccessful hit.

Deep Cut

The Fury Warrior knows the weakness of his opponent's defense, and decreases hit armor with certain percentage.

Mighty Swing

The Fury Warrior significantly increases his damage when using Charge combined with Whirlwind.

Guardian's Skills

Holding Ground

After a successful block, the overall armor is increased with certain percentage for the next round. Strength is decreased with the same percentage. The skill is interrupted after an unsuccessful block.

Stoneskin

The Guardian reaches a incredible concentration that turns his skin into stone. Adds a % on his overall armor.

Trip

Gives the Guardian a chance to stumble his opponent, and reduces his damage with 50% in the next round.

Dark Mystic's Skills

Dark Prism

Absorbs a certain percentage of the enemy's blessings and uses them upon the party members.

Mystical Whirlwind

The mystics makes Whirlwind with staff.

Reflect Damage

Reflects a percentage of the enemy's damage. The target is being chosen in the beginning of the battle and can not be changed.

Light Mystic's Skills

Light Prism

Reflects a certain percentage of the enemy's curses.

Mystical Whirlwind

Resurrection

Resurrects a dead Mercenary during the battle, restoring a percentage of his Health.

Shadow Hunter's Skills

Strong Bowstring

Increases the maximum damage of the last three shots from the weapon's range with certain percentage.

Continuous Targeting

Range is reduced by 1, but the critical hit chance is increased with a certain percentage for each level. The last level grants 100% critical hit chance.  Requires  Throwing knives or Javelin.

Invisibility

An upgraded version of Evade. Increases the chance the enemy to “miss” his opponent as a target. If the hero stands last in the battle, with successful Invisibility, all opponents miss turn.

Ghost Stalker's Skills

Javelin Veteran

Increases the number of the rounds in which Javelin makes full damage.

Continuous Targeting

Range is reduced by 1, but the critical hit chance is increased with a certain percentage for each level. The last level grants 100% critical hit chance.  Requires  Throwing knives or Javelin.

Invisibility

An upgraded version of Evade. Increases the chance the enemy to “miss” his opponent as a target. If the hero stands last in the battle, with successful Invisibility, all opponents miss turn.

Note:
This is a conceptual model of the new skills. Numbers and requirements will be announced later. I'll be really glad to see a topic in General talk with your opinions and ideas. Please, discuss, criticize or welcome those skills. Be objective.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:32:44 PM by Judith »

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »
Skills For All Classes

Crafter

Juicy for all us dedicated crafters.
Hard to guess if it is balanced without any number.

Explorer
Each level increases the chance of digging resources with certain %.

For what profession it will work?

Miners and Carpenters already have bonus tools for gathering resources.

Gemcutters don't have bonus tools but seem to benefit from this skill.

Tanners don't have bonus tools, don't benefit from the skill and suffer a decreased chance of gathering lower tier resources when they go up in level (something that don't happen for the other professions).

I know that you feel that getting Xp when gathering resources is a big bonus for the tanner but the ease with wick the other classes can gather resources independently from the current HP and from the level of the creature harvested (as they don' harvest from creatures) is a big bonus in my eyes.

I run several characters and when I will be away for a extended period the gemcutter, carpenter or miner has a easy time using all the Action Point, simply go to a location and order to gather resources for 48 AP.

The tanner need to have enough HP to fight comparable level opposition (or it will lose part of the resources), need to act for every AP spent and can't increase the chance of a drop  spending more time or using a specific tool to gather the resource and this skill will make it even worse.

So I feel it is unbalanced, especially for miners and carpenters,  as it piles more bonuses to professions that already have them.

To balance it you need to make it work for all the professions (and rethink how the tanner work).

Pillaging
Each level increases the gold and item drop with certain %. It can not exceed 200%.

Mah. It will make high level characters richer and diamonds more costly.  Who suffer more for a lack of gold generally are the low level characters, but low level characters will have a hard time spending skill point in this skill.

Slayer
Each level increases the chance to choose the strongest opponent with certain %.

Would like to have the opposite option too, i.e. a skill to choose the weakest opponent.
Still an interesting option, I will like to get it.

Hardening
The hero loses less equipment durability, when defeated in battle.

It applies against Players, NPC or both?

Furry Warrior's Skills

Battle Frenzy
After a successful hit, the strength of the next hit is increased with certain percentage;
The defense is reduced with the same percentage. The skill is interrupted after an unsuccessful hit.

Not bad, it all depend on the % increase/decrease.

Deep Cut
The Fury Warrior knows the weakness of his opponent's defense, and decreases hit armor with certain percentage.

As already pointed out by other posters, as the target armour goes up the efficiency of this skill goes up too.

Mighty Swing
The Fury Warrior significantly increases his damage when using Charge combined with Whirlwind.

Seem good. Charge seem a weak skill currently.

Guardian's Skills

Holding Ground
After a successful block, the overall armor is increased with certain percentage for the next round. Strength is decreased with the same percentage. The skill is interrupted after an unsuccessful block.

I must check how block work. I was under the impression that if you block an attack it is totally negated. If I am right the bonus will work only once before being reset.
The "opposite" skill  Battle Frenzy could instead work several times in a row, making it much more useful.

Stoneskin
The Guardian reaches a incredible concentration that turns his skin into stone. Adds a % on his overall armor.

No problem that I can see.

Trip
Gives the Guardian a chance to stumble his opponent, and reduces his damage with 50% in the next round.

Dark Mystic's Skills

Dark Prism
Absorbs a certain percentage of the enemy's blessings and uses them upon the party members.

Nice. it will work against PC and NPC?
There is a mana cost every time a blessing is "stolen"?

Mystical Whirlwind

Reflect Damage
Reflects a percentage of the enemy's damage. The target is being chosen in the beginning of the battle and can not be changed.

It cost mana every time an attack is reflected?
If not it can be overpowered.

Light Mystic's Skills

Light Prism
Reflects a certain percentage of the enemy's curses.

Nice. it will work against PC and NPC?
There is a mana cost every time a curse is "reflected"?

Mystical Whirlwind

Resurrection
Resurrects a dead Mercenary during the battle, restoring a percentage of his Health.

Great. Balance depend on mana cost and resurrected character healt.

Shadow Hunter's Skills

Strong Bowstring
Increases the maximum damage of the last three shots from the weapon's range with certain percentage.

Last three shots? I don't get what this skill will do.

Continuous Targeting

Some of the GM comments above have confused me.
This skill is applied only once for each range band?

Invisibility

Nice.
1 roll for each round of battle and it apply to all attacks?

Ghost Stalker's Skills

Javelin Veteran
Increases the number of the rounds in which Javelin makes full damage.

Nice.

Continuous Targeting

See above

Invisibility

See above.

Cuorion

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Mighty Swing

Just a question here. Does this mean that Wirlwind and Charge will stack from now on?

What Crassus said about Continuous Targeting is that it will only work for the first attack. For example, if you have a range of 3 and choose to use Continuous Targeting, your range will be reduced to 2 and your critical chance for the first attack will be improved by the percentage granded by the skill.

Now that I think of it, if a hero's got 50% to land a critical anyway, Continuous Targeting would not be that much of an improvement to him, since he loses a potentially critical attack.

I wouldn't agree to your comments regarding pillaging. Since gold drop bonus is capped at 200% and item bonus at 100%, most heroes at tier 5+ reach these caps only by side-bonuses of statwise good jewelry equipped on their mercs. At those levels, this skill seems useless to me.

Sheremetev

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
I think most of the skills should be based on % and not on exact figures. Maybe even the prism skills will be more useful in tier 6 (or 7) against Leadership and and Battle cry.

mr_ferid

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
I want new skills. Programers  please be quickly for new skills

Sheremetev

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
Don't haste them. You want new well balanced and effective skills.

Judith

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »
Don't haste them. You want new well balanced and effective skills.

+1  ;)