Author Topic: crafting quest  (Read 3258 times)

Offline sunkacro

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
crafting quest
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:28:43 PM »
i dont do that, but friend that do crafting quests told me that he reached 0 crafting points in tier 1 and lost bow recipie, and cant buy it again, and i wonder how can he continue again with crafting quests?

Crassus

Re: crafting quest
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
he reached 0 crafting points in tier 1
This is impossible....

lost bow recipie, and cant buy it again, and i wonder how can he continue again with crafting quests?

From the in-game news
"8. Crafting Recipes Durability will be deployed, which will be categorized as fallows:
X4 - 200 Durability (Levels 14, 24, 34, 44, 54 and so on)
X6 - 100 Durability (Levels 16, 26, 36, 46, 56 and so on)
X8 - 50 Durability (Levels 18, 28, 38, 48, 58 and so on)
Identical recipes can be merged. Meaning - if you have a memorized recipe with 43 Durability left and you "feed" you recipe book with the same recipe with Durability 100, the new recipe in your book will have 143 Durability.
There is no limit for the memorized recipes' Durability."

If he wait sometime he will find at the market plenty of recipes to learn and continue with the quests...

Offline cristit

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
This is impossible....

maybe not impossible.

Maybe he changed profession?

Cuorion

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
When you change profession you get all tier 1 recipes as a gift. And I checked my profile to make sure that tier 1 recipes got no times-used restriction. ???

Sheremetev

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »
Wild guess: Your friend accepted a quest (about making some bows), then changed main profession (perhaps to an armorsmith or jeweller). This explains why your friend has "reached 0 crafting points" and "lost bow recipe". Yes, your friend cannot buy it, because, as Cuorion said, when you choose a profession, you get all the tier 1 recipes for it free. And only an armorsmith makes bows (that's why we have division of crafts).
Advice: Tell your friend to switch back to weaponsmith profession and he will have to earn the CP back. Tell him to read the game manual, since there is a lot of useful information there- to prevent such "problems" from occuring again.

In case my wild guess is not true, tell us your friend's account name, so that the support crew can check the situation.

P.S: Thank you, Cuorion :)
P.P.S: Yes, +k to you too cristit for the original idea, but I thought we should provide the player with a more detailed explanation, in case profession change is the main reason. With this in mind, I recommend reading this topic and this part of the game manual.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:56:01 PM by Sheremetev »

Offline cristit

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
 :D
That is exactly what I suggested above. That he possibly changed profession.

Cuorion

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »
Correction (only because Sheremetev already got offline): It's weaponsmiths that craft bows, not armorsmiths; that was a typo.

Offline sunkacro

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
can you buy tier 1 recipe?

Sheremetev

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
No. You receive all the tier 1 recipes for your craft whenever you choose your profession. And tier 1 recipes have unlimited durability (you can make unlimited quantity of items without losing the recipe). When you change your profession, you lose all your crafting points and old recipes (and receive the recipes you need for your new profession).
So, the question is: has your friend changed his profession and what is his account name?

Oton

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 01:51:50 PM »
May I have the person's account name and realm, please?

Oton

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
Ok, I've spoken with the programmers.
It is virtually impossible to degrade a Tier 1 recipe.
The only possibility to lose some Tier 1 recipe is to have started the crafting right before a maintenance mode and something goes wrong during the maintenance.

Offline vorstervorst

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
That has happend to me. Luckely then a crafting quest is given the artifact is given with a short cut to the recipe and I manage to complite my quest like that