Author Topic: "Multistaged Dungeons logic changes" What is the logic?  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
"Multistaged Dungeons logic changes" What is the logic?
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:25:33 PM »
"2. Multistaged Dungeons logic changes.
As of today if the Leader of the multistage dungeon is slain, the dungeon will be instantly locked. No matter if the reward from the story line quest is collected or not."

What is the "logic" of this change?

1) if your hero "die" you fail the mission, but if the Leader is slain the storyline is locked, so you risk to get a lot of "uncompleted but locked" storylines;

2) AFAIK the last stage of a storyline mission in a multi tier dungeon is the only location where you can get the item sets. I have never seen more than 1 item drop from a successful fight against a leader and often not even 1 item is dropped.

So this change make impossible to get a complete set doing the dungeon multiple times and seeing that some component  seem to be a more common drop than others it mean that complete sets will be extremely rare and priced at a level that will not reflect the set bonus.

Just to make an example, one of my heroes has completed all the quest in the tier 3 province and has got 3 pieces from different sets out of 20 (I think) total components for the 4 different sets.

The other heroes  I have had the same results,  so no chance to get a complete set even with 4 heroes.

Locking higher tiers character from doing lower tiers multistage dungeons was a good move, but this seem to be badly thought idea.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:13:13 PM by Jago »

Oton

Re: "Multistaged Dungeons logic changes" What is the logic?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
"2. Multistaged Dungeons logic changes.
As of today if the Leader of the multistage dungeon is slain, the dungeon will be instantly locked. No matter if the reward from the story line quest is collected or not."

What is the "logic" of this change?

1) if your hero "die" you fail the mission, but if the Leader is slain the storyline is locked, so you risk to get a lot of "uncompleted but locked" storylines;

2) AFAIK the last stage of a storyline mission in a multi tier dungeon is the only location where you can get the item sets. I have never seen more than 1 item drop from a successful fight against a leader and often not even 1 item is dropped.

So this change make impossible to get a complete set doing the dungeon multiple times and seeing that some component  seem to be a more common drop than others it mean that complete sets will be extremely rare and priced at a level that will not reflect the set bonus.

Locking higher tiers character from doing lower tiers multistage dungeons was a good move, but this seem to be badly thought idea.

1. No. If you die and you slay the Boss, you get another chance to fight him. The dungeon won't be locked, because you haven't completed the story line yet.
2. Farming of the multistaged dungeons with higher Tier mercs, causing market flooding and excessive amounts of gold and experience received was not our intention for game balance.

Sets are dropped by a lot more mobs, not just the Boss ones. The Bosses only have higher chance to drop it.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »
1. No. If you die and you slay the Boss, you get another chance to fight him. The dungeon won't be locked, because you haven't completed the story line yet.
2. Farming of the multistaged dungeons with higher Tier mercs, causing market flooding and excessive amounts of gold and experience received was not our intention for game balance.

Sets are dropped by a lot more mobs, not just the Boss ones. The Bosses only have higher chance to drop it.

Are you sure to have read what I wrote and what the in game message say?

1) As of today if the Leader of the multistage dungeon is slain, the dungeon will be instantly locked.

So, unless the change update is wrong, there is no possibility to retry after the leader is slaying, independently if the mission was successfully completed or not.

2)  The multi stage dungeon have already been barred from higher tier characters some time ago.
This a new change that bar you from repeating it with with same tier characters.

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »
There is something like a bug at this... If a Guardian Hero unequip some critical armor items (such as shield) and spent some points at the taunt, then it is almost sure that he will end up dead at the end of the battle... This way he can repeat the dungeon as many times he likes...

And locking higher tier Heroes from doing lower tier multistage will cause many players to drop at the half the story line quests, since some bosses are too hard for their tier or almost impossible...
This is different "policy" from this:
After long discussions about game concepts, the Imperial Hero Team went to the conclusion that the Storyline Quests in the game must be the main factor of the Gameplay.

Oton

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:51:15 PM »
There is something like a bug at this... If a Guardian Hero unequip some critical armor items (such as shield) and spent some points at the taunt, then it is almost sure that he will end up dead at the end of the battle... This way he can repeat the dungeon as many times he likes...

And locking higher tier Heroes from doing lower tier multistage will cause many players to drop at the half the story line quests, since some bosses are too hard for their tier or almost impossible...
This is different "policy" from this:
Good luck with the repair taxes on each death.
I have no problem with that.
Also, you don't get any loot from the boss if you die.

As long as you haven't killed the Boss, the dungeon is unlocked.
That means you can farm the mobs in other rooms as much as you want.
But bosses kills will lock the dungeon.

Crassus

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »
Good luck with the repair taxes on each death.
I have no problem with that.
Also, you don't get any loot from the boss if you die.

As long as you haven't killed the Boss, the dungeon is unlocked.
That means you can farm the mobs in other rooms as much as you want.
But bosses kills will lock the dungeon.

Yes my bad... But you take xp if i remember correctly...
I miss understood that
2)  The multi stage dungeon have already been barred from higher tier characters some time ago.
This a new change that bar you from repeating it with with same tier characters.
And couldn't remember or find anything relevant...

P.S. Repair taxes are nothing when you remove my armor and my shield, for this "Bonzai attack"

Offline cristit

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
well, I guess I kinda started all this problem, so I should explain my point of view:

I am level 48, so still Tier 5. I finished all stories.

Now I get different messages in different dungeons:

- The Black Valley (Desert of Despair) - "You have already eliminated the Leader of this multi-staged dungeon and the Light has once again entered in this wretched place. Seek glory elsewhere, Hero! "

Same to all multi dungeons where I fought for stories.

- The Negated Ones (Desert of Despair) - "You are not eligible to fight in this zone. You have to accept the quest for it first."

Same in The Ice Tower - Eternia; The Abyss - Prairie Sea

So why are different messages?

Sheremetev

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
Yes, the bonsai-hadoken-kamekadze attack saces a margin of the repair taxes. But when the hero dies the mercs go totally ape and completely forget about scavaging the enemies. Gold is several times less too.

Offline cristit

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Now all are open for fight except The Negated Ones, The Ice Tower, The Abyss

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
http://forum.imperialhero.org/int/index.php?topic=10107.0

We are sorry for the first explanation, which confused a lot of people - it was a fixed bug, not change in logic. The logic has always been the same, we just messed up where we count as finished the quest - above is the news as it was supposed to be.

All dungeons are unlocked to players that are the same Tier as the Boss inside, everyone else can finish their quests, but not enter afterwords.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:41:23 PM »
Unlocked Multistaged Dungeons with the hero’s Tier higher bug fixed – upon defeating the dungeon’s Boss by a hero who is in higher Tier will instantly lock the respective dungeon. So far heroes could stay in multistage dungeons as long as they don’t receive the story line reward from the tavern which lead to uncontrolled “Dungeon Boss Farming”.

Ok, if it will work that ways there is no problem.

Beside the standard MMORPG problem: "We need to balance the game around high levels character cheating. Pithy that the balance often screw low level characters or those that are not cheating."