Author Topic: Weapons with skill bonuses  (Read 9565 times)

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
Weapons with skill bonuses
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:34:39 AM »
I have a weapon that gives me a skill bonus to my ranger its got a +4 skill bonus to my ambush skill. My current ambush skill is 0 and while in battle my guy does not flash the ambush skill when he is preforming a critical.  Is this because I do not have any skill points allotted to my ambush skill or is a glitch and won't show me using the skill in combat since I don't technically have it??

please let me know with a definite answer.  Thanks

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons with skill bonuses
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
I have a weapon that gives me a skill bonus to my ranger its got a +4 skill bonus to my ambush skill. My current ambush skill is 0 and while in battle my guy does not flash the ambush skill when he is preforming a critical.  Is this because I do not have any skill points allotted to my ambush skill or is a glitch and won't show me using the skill in combat since I don't technically have it??

please let me know with a definite answer.  Thanks

I also have a ranger with one handed sword weapon that gives crushing blow. The skill works even if i do not have provision for crushing blow as its a warrior skill. Also i can see it on the fight screen and the report.

In your case if ambush is performed it should show on the screen and the report. But there is also possibility that your hero performs critical hit without ambush and thus it may not show.You can go through your fight reports and see how your critical hits are performed if you see ambush mentioned there it mean the skill is working for you but not showing in the fight screen.

The ambush skill requires spirit if you have the required spirit ambush should be performed as +4 is a good enough chance.
Ambush should work on your hero even if you have no points in the skill of your hero.

Sheremetev

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »
First, you should have enough spirit for the Ambush skill to work. Second, don't take anything you see in the flash (animated) battle reports seriously- they are buggy. So, in order to be 100% there is (not) a bug, look through the detailed (text) battle reports. And, if you see a proof you are not using the skill when you have enough spirit to do so, please mention your account name and the realm you are playing it, so that the support crew checks it.

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »

I want to know that if my weapon gives me crushing blow is there any way i can stop that skill being used?

Sheremetev

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
I want to know that if my weapon gives me crushing blow is there any way i can stop that skill being used?

There is no such option currently.

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:47 AM »
Ok I went through the written report and I used NO ambush skill not once I have more than enough spirit to use the skill yet I won't use it in actual combat So this is a problem what do I need to do to use said skill.   I have 2 weapons now and both together should give me a +6 to my ambush skill.

Crassus

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »
There is no such option currently.

Ok I went through the written report and I used NO ambush skill not once I have more than enough spirit to use the skill yet I won't use it in actual combat So this is a problem what do I need to do to use said skill.   I have 2 weapons now and both together should give me a +6 to my ambush skill.

Well as Sheremetev said there is no way to stop using the skill bonus from a weapon, BUT if you have this skill at your class then you can deactivated and thus you deactivate it and from the weapon.

Also i would like a CM to say here how exactly weapon skills stuck... I remember i had ask Judith long time ago but i don't remember clear her answer... I will post what i remember but don't take it 100% sure :)

"When the skill bonus is +1 and you have not the skill then the skill is ineffective, it should be +2 to work as +1 real skill if it's not from your class. Bonuses for the same skill don't stuck it's count only bigger, this is count and the skill points you have spent at the skill... For example, you have 1 sword with whirlwind  +4, if you are fury warrior it's +4 if you have spent less than 4 skill points at that skill and +3 if you are mystic or ranger or guardian, if you have spent at this skill 5 points then the weapon bonus is useless. Also if you have 2 weapons with poison, +3 and +5, only the +5 will count and only if you have not spent more than 5 skill points at poison as ranger..."

I am saying again i am not sure for the text inside the " "

Sheremetev

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
Well, I think two things are worth mentioning here:

1) In text reports it usually says:
"... tries to use Ambush."
This means the hero actually uses his Ambush skill and has an extra of X% chance of critical hit
IF the hero fails to inflict a critical hit (although he DOES use the extra X%), there won't be anything interesting in the text report.
IF the hero inflicts a critical hit there will be a message in the report like "A crtitical hit has been performed A/B! ... uses the Ambush skill successfully!"

2) Bonusses to skills from weaponry don't stack up. If the hero has level A of one skill and the weapon(s) equipped have level(s) B (and C) of the same skill, then the hero will use in combat the highest level of the skill, NOT the summed up levels. E.g, you have Ambush 0, a dagger with Ambush 4 and a second dagger with Ambush 2. In combat you use Ambush level 4 (NOT Ambush level 6=0+2+4).

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
Well as Sheremetev said there is no way to stop using the skill bonus from a weapon, BUT if you have this skill at your class then you can deactivated and thus you deactivate it and from the weapon.

Well i feel this is a bit unfair ...that you can turn of skills only of your class: example: warrior - crushing blow - can turn off the skill..
(particularly when a skill also imparts some negativity to your hero example: Crushing blow - 50% reduced chance of hitting)

If another class example Ranger equips that weapon or equipment he too should have the chance to turn off the skill if he wants to.

I think it would be fair if all get a chance to put off a skill not required.

What do you people?

Crassus

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »
Well it would be too easy then... Warriors get some same feeling about poison skill and other skills... And since it's the same for everyone then why to be changed?

You can always find a good weapon with a skill that actually helps you to your battle... For example if someone battles with Mammoth then the crashing blow it's excellent choice...

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

alright just one clarification..

crushing blow reduces hit chance or it reduces critical hit chance?

Crassus

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
hit chance.

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
that fine if 0+4+2 doesn't equal six shouldn't my 0+4=4 at least through the whole text summary it never mentioned my hero trying to use ambush whether or not he succeeded. Once again my original question WHY??  And would it work if I gave a skill point to my ambush skill like priming a pump.  0+4=0  so  1+4=5 ???????????

Sheremetev

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
To save some time- mention your in-game account name and which server are you playing in, so that a programmer tomorrow checks what is wrong.

Offline Sanosama

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
Ok my hero's name is Sanosama and I play on Beta the first server that came out.