Author Topic: Crafting Story Line Barren rock & bunnar  (Read 3471 times)

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Crafting Story Line Barren rock & bunnar
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

Ok heres something interesting ...i dono if this has ever happened in the game....

I got a task 9/11 in bunnar to craft 5 chain mail helmets...i left it for a while and went to barren rocks ..after doing a few tasks there i reached 9/11..

The task at barren rocks was also to craft 5 chain mail helmets..... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I thought thats odd i crafted 5 chain mail helmets in Barren rocks. Completed the task and moved the new 10/11 task came up.

Now I had already collected the material required for another 5 chain mail helmets. I go to Bunnar check the story line......

To my surprise it showed completed ....yea i though bingo ...jackpot... *YAHOO* *YAHOO* *YAHOO* *YAHOO* *YAHOO*
the reward was some gold and 10 AP ..i had  8 AP already so i decided not to press complete quest button
then I come back after spending the AP's ready for my Unearned reward...but  :o :o :o :o :o
WTF on pressing the complete mission button...

The page just refreshed the page.....:o :o :o :o :o :o I do not move to 10/11 and no reward......

MODS HELP ME OUT...........  *sos* *sos* *sos* *sos*

Sheremetev

Re: Crafting Story Line Barren rock & bunnar
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Too many emoticons, too few information.

Which is your account, which realm are you referring to?
Was it really only a refresh or was there a message when you tried to end the other quest? Check again and tell us.
And be patient- mod (GM) is different from a Programmer (evil creatures dwelling safe from the daylight in IO office from Monday till Friday and lurking for pray in the rest of the time).

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »
Real 3
user id: lordashoka

Should i craft the remaining 5 chain mail helmets?

The page...refreshes nothing else happens....

Sheremetev

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
Hm, maybe you should. I thought you had tried it before reporting the bug.

Crassus

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
When you craft-gather (or kill) something for a quest or mission and the same is requested from another quest-mission it counts for both... If you press complete to one of them then you lose the gathered or crafted items and thus is impossible to complete the other (you will get an "missing item" type error message). To solve this you have to craft/gather again the required items. If it's killing there is no problem you can complete them both (if it's referring to the same dungeon)

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
sorry.....guys i made a issue out of it solution was simple....there are noo bingo's or jackpots... Gotta craft

Sheremetev

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
Don't be hasty on withdrawing your signal though. My idea of the situation is exactly what Crassus described and this is what troubles me:

The page...refreshes nothing else happens....
(you will get an "missing item" type error message)

So, try with crafting the 5 items again and let us know if your attempt was
A) successful (case closed with the addition that there should be an in-game check and appropriate explanatory text when two or more missions require one and the same thing or a fix prohibiting such "colliding" prerequisites- whatever the devs decide is necessary to avoid such problems in the furure)
OR
B) the programmers should further investigate the situation.

Offline thelordashoka

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »
try with crafting the 5 items again and let us know if your attempt was
A) successful (case closed with the addition that there should be an in-game check and appropriate explanatory text when two or more missions require one and the same thing or a fix prohibiting such "colliding" prerequisites- whatever the devs decide is necessary to avoid such problems in the furure)
OR
B) the programmers should further investigate the situation.

A) Successful....... could proceed with the story line....

A Note as Sheremetev mentioned:
"there should be an in-game check and appropriate explanatory text when "two or more missions ask to do same thing"
After one mission is completed the other mission should not show completed.
The second same mission should to be completed only after the activity required is done.
There should be fix prohibiting such "colliding" prerequisites"

Cheers!

Crassus

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
 :)
Topic locked