Author Topic: A littl test in light hides gathering  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
A littl test in light hides gathering
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:58:12 AM »
Background:
I tried to link an existing character to a Imperia Online account for the extra credit in Imperia, but it didn't worked and instead I ended with a new character.
So i did a little test to see how mayi hides a character could gather in the first 9 levels before changing tier and getting the penalty to the gathered pelts.

Doing only missions against animals and the first 9 seeps of storyline in the Hope village plains I have got the grand total of 62 light hides, not even enough to get to the next tiers as a tanner.

Seeing that they are needed for building stuff at least upward to the third tiers weapons I am surprised that the price is so low.

I think that the Hope region really need another dungeon with at least 3 animals of the level 7-9 or the number of hides dropped should be heavily rethought.

Cuorion

Re: A littl test in light hides gathering
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »
grand total of 62 light hides

Not trying to play smart or anything, but I remember I must have got at least 250 hides when I was tier 1 (I gave 100 to a guild member and the rest was enough to sell them and buy enough cooper ore with that gold to raise armorsmith to 200).

I remember finishing the storyline in Hope village too but I did no other quest, just farmed in the Den.

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:27:08 PM »
I too remember getting much more, but how much time ago? For me it was when characters of any profession could gather pelts.

That is what I gathered in realm 3 in the last 2 weeks, with a tanner.

I think the cumulative changes had a negative impact. I rarely if ever gathered 2 pelts from 2 enemies and in several battles against 2 animals of level 7-9 when I was level 7 (and even after that), so when I should hadn't a negative modifier, I did gathered 0 pelts.

Crassus

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 10:43:53 AM »
I tried the same thing at server 3 too... The prices there are too low...even diamonds. And i had gathered more than 100 skins... I remember it coz i sold 100+ and kept some for personal use. But the only thing i was doing was work at tavern and kill at dungeon equipped with small drop bonus (don't know if it helped).