Author Topic: Divine bless at level 2 do something beside costing more?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Jago

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
Divine bless at level 2 do something beside costing more?
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
I have the skill divine bless at 2.

Apparently it do nothing beside costing 200 spirit points instead of 100.

Divine Bless
Grants +1 bonus to party members' skills. Level 3 grants all party members receive the bonus. The bonus doesn't extend skills if they are already at maximum.

Points   1   2   3
Spirit Cost   100   200   300

Jago_Rubes uses the skill Divine Bless and increases Jago_Rubes's all skills by 1.

From the above quotes having the skill ad 2 is only a prerequisite for having it at 3, but don't give a higher bonus nor give it to more people, but it cost more.

If that is exact (and I see nothing to contradict that) the cost of using it should be changed to:

Points   1   2   3
Spirit Cost   100   100   300

so that at least the intermediate level cost the same of the basic level.

Just for clarity, I had 5 mercenaries in the battle from wick I have taken the quote and only the main character was enhanced  in the first round of combat.

A second character was enhanced in the second round, but if the only difference is the possibility to enhance a second character with a later casting of the spell the extra cost is still motivated.

I sincerely hope that this "Level 3 grants all party members receive the bonus."  that all the party members receive the bonus with a single casting. It it mean that they will receive it with different casting at 300 points of mana each it is useless to rise the skill above 1.

Cuorion

Re: Divine bless at level 2 do something beside costing more?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »
Unfortunately I've never reached high level enough with a mage to test this skill. If does seem in desperate need of revamping though...

Sheremetev

Re: Divine bless at level 2 do something beside costing more?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »
Even with level 1 you can bless one teammate per round. Level 2 in theory grants you the chance to bless more than 1 party member. However, I haven't seen a report where someone has level 2 and blesses 2 or more partymembers. Perhaps this is because most players prefer level 3, which automatically gives +1 to everyone's skills in round 1.

On a different, yet relevant note, I would like to know if an old bug was fixed: If the enemy has Curse of Darkness 3 and casts it on you, your level of Divine Bliss falls from 3 to 2. And there is an imbalance- the enemy decreases the skills of both you and your mercs with 1. But then you raise only your skills with 1.