Author Topic: Leaving - Feedback  (Read 2540 times)

Offline walnutz

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
Leaving - Feedback
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »
Not a rant post, more of, it's just not for me post.

Played for about 2 months, played 2 realms, both characters were at level 12.

It is just becoming more difficult and tedious without spending money.  But, if I was spending money, I would be more critical of the game.  Spending money to speed up travel, or to craft multiple objects at a time?  No thanks.

What did it for me was the backpack space.  One page is not enough to carry enough potions/food to get through a multi-stage dungeon at level.  Even throwing everything in my house, and buying above level potions (imperial city general store), I cannot cram enough in there to heal my party through 8 dungeons for the storyline quest in Sonomia (sp?).  I have 3 mercenaries per character and decent (at level) gear and weapons for everyone in the party, but it just doesn't get the job done. I'm sure another level or two, and a gold star next to the creatures in my stats would help, but by the time I am able to finish it, I probably will have very little chance to complete it again before I am over level and locked out.

The crafting thing is extremely tedious.  All games need a time and resource sink, but this seems to be way more then most. Logging on, clicking something, then waiting 20 minutes, clicking something, waiting another 20 mins, and repeat for hours until you run out of APs is not that fun.

I understand, you get what you pay for, and if you pay nothing, well, what can you expect?  But, most "free" games make it possible to play for free, but if you are willing to put in a little money, things will happen faster, and more easily.  However, around here, it looks like I am moving in a direction of pay money, or it is almost impossible to move up.  I don't like that.

I'm not bashing the game, although I'm sure some will think I am.  I played it for almost 2 months.  But, I am realizing it is not for me.  Good luck guys.

Crassus

Re: Leaving - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
What did it for me was the backpack space.  One page is not enough to carry enough potions/food to get through a multi-stage dungeon at level.  Even throwing everything in my house, and buying above level potions (imperial city general store), I cannot cram enough in there to heal my party through 8 dungeons for the storyline quest in Sonomia (sp?).  I have 3 mercenaries per character and decent (at level) gear and weapons for everyone in the party, but it just doesn't get the job done. I'm sure another level or two, and a gold star next to the creatures in my stats would help, but by the time I am able to finish it, I probably will have very little chance to complete it again before I am over level and locked out.

Here you have both right and wrong things... First yes more mercs and more killing experience at those type of enemies do the task easier. And we know that multi stage dungeons are hard... BUT you are able to advance tier and then come back to finish the job. You can go to the next tier hire better mercs and equipment and return, you simply can't go again to the previous multi stage dungeons after you have killed the boss.

The crafting thing is extremely tedious.  All games need a time and resource sink, but this seems to be way more then most. Logging on, clicking something, then waiting 20 minutes, clicking something, waiting another 20 mins, and repeat for hours until you run out of APs is not that fun.

Yes the crafting it's not for all the players, even premium players don't bother with crafting, only when missions asks to do they craft something. But it's a great way to gain some money if you decide to become a good crafter. The game does not force you to be crafter, you can even stay with the tier 1 recipes and never learn a new one... and some professions are better for non-premium than others (for example tanners).

Also you can plan how to spent your APs and left the crafting last so you will not be bound to be at your pc when the hero is crafting.

Finally sure at some issues the game needs more development but i play it almost a year and I have witness great changes, when i start the game you had to travel each time you want to fight to the dungeon and back for the next fight (you was need 5 minutes to go, and five to return, and another five minutes to go back to the dungeon until you were able to fight for second time)

And finally the game doesn't force you to spend money. You can buy diamonds for in-game gold from other people. Yes I realize that sounds like @@@@ but it's true. The players are those who sell how much they will say the diamonds and you know how the law of demand-offering goes... But later at the game (if someone reach tier 4) I believe is possible to maintain a premium account from gold bought diamonds... And if the prices go down even tier 3 players will be able to do so.

Offline walnutz

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »
Wow! glad I checked back.  I guess I'm used to most MMO forums going crazy over threads like this, but I am glad to see a thoughtful response.  I have to admit, I didn't realize a few things there, like being able to go back through at a higher tier.  I've seen the diamonds at auction, and those are way above my price range, but I figure, like most games, acquiring gold gets easier the higher level you get.  If I can buy diamonds and get the extra backpack space, I could see staying with it.  Thanks for the response.

Offline janyemm

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
 I am playing at Realm 3 from 26.12.2009. At first I was playing 3 my own heroes, last 3 months also next 3 :o because my friend leave this game . Five heroes are Tier 6, one hero is Tier 5. I am preparing also big feedback to game from my point of view before I leave game too  ;) .

For now only small remark to Crassus, yes I was able to keep balanced accounts without buying diamonds for real money ( only diamonds for gold ) in Tier4 and Tier5 ( except buying crafting tools, but it was my choice ... as Crassus said everybody can go without crafting ). Unfortunately in Tier6 it is not possible, I was tried every imaginable way. Maybe it will be changed as second part of Tier6 ( with enemies lvl55-59 - dropping legend T6 recipes ? ) will be added to game, but I dont think so. Mercs fees are much more higher to T5 but gold income about same.

..... last thing ... I hear than green jewels for sets are like God. Most of us believe they exist, but nobody saw them. *hihi*