Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 4310 times)

Offline IrishFairy

• Mystic in life and in game
  • Tier 2
    • View Profile
Weapons
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
What weapons is supposed a mystic to fight with? Initially I got a staff, but looking in the town shops I don't see any weapons designed special for us  :o

Offline Savannah

• Tier 2
  • Keep shining!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:38 AM »
there are weapons... for instance in the assault weapon shop you have the short sword for us mystics (: they're the lightest of the other swords..and the throwing knives i think you can get as well  :-\

just run your mouse over each item and as long as it doesnt say "this is not your class" or something similar - you should be able to buy it...you just cant USE it till you reach the required level << what i've gathered (:

edit - im assuming the "items tier is higher than yours" doesnt prevent you from buying  :-\ cant really say since the goldsssss are too much  ;D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:43:40 AM by Savannah »
I got the Mouth of the South Award

Offline IrishFairy

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:10:16 AM »
OK, but I suppose that weapons for mystics should have a special, mystic power. There should be some staffs which will add some additional mystic things that you can have only while using this staff. If a mistic and a warrior will use the same sword, of course the warrior will have more success in the battle, because he is stronger. In this case a mystic will be weaker than other players....

Offline Savannah

• Tier 2
  • Keep shining!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:23:56 AM »
well.. yea (: 

Quote from: krum
The Mystic possesses the power to heal wounds and to buff his allies. He can use only light armor and weapons. A weak fighter, his power is in his mystical abilities. Agility and Intelligence is his primary attribute.

they are supposed to be the weakest, at least strength wise *pardon* and the weapons that we CAN buy atm boost one of the mystics best attribute..which is better than nothing to say the least

although, i totally agree that we should have....mm..more specific weapons  :-\  There isnt really anything mystical at all about the way we fight, other than our healing thing.. *frowns* Perhaps some suggestions for fancy weapons are in order (:

Offline IrishFairy

• Tier 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »
Again there should be some weapons that you can buy only if you have a certain level of Strength,  or Dexterity, or Intellegence, for example. Not only the level, but the skill should be important too.

Offline Savannah

• Tier 2
  • Keep shining!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 04:13:57 AM »
hmm... well, dont you think that the strength, dexterity etc are already calculated? and thats why warriors can only use the heavy armor and weapons, so on and so forth.. by the time you reach a certain character level, its assumed you would have the "appropriate" attributes by then :D i may be wrong, of course.... any verification or correction is wanted *nods* because now Fairy gal has me wondering how exactly they figured out the weapons (:

Oton

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 10:26:06 AM »
Equipment in the game is class-restricted, ergo ->
1. Warriors can equip all.
2. Rangers can equip light and medium-weight, but medium when they specialize, after lvl 15.
3. Mystics can equip only light-weight.

Mystics are not mages, nor wizards or warlocks.
They are more like entities, which can enhance their willpower, inner spirit, focus and concentration, as well as those of their allies. And vise versa - to diminish their foes' spirit and willpower.
They suggest, bless, buff. And they curse, banish, cast fear into the hearts of their enemies.
They don't throw out fireballs or chain lightning from their hands.
There is no magic here, which you are used to see in Harry Potter, WoW or Lineage.

Ergo -> The Staff of Thousand Trues doesn't exist. The only item that can enhance the Mystic's special abilities... is his mind and his will.

chegewara

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »
then maybe is bug, cause mine warrior cant equip with wooden staff and bows and throwing knifes and javelin. said me is not mine class weapon 8)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:36:25 AM by chegewara »

Oton

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 10:36:49 AM »
As I said, the weapons are class-restricted.
But I forgot to mention they are class-class-restricted.
Some weapons are class-only.

chegewara

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »
Equipment in the game is class-restricted, ergo ->
1. Warriors can equip all.

Offline Savannah

• Tier 2
  • Keep shining!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
So...mystics are like those palmreaders - All smoke and mirrors  :-\

No complaints, ofc XD thats way more realistic than what irish and i were probably imagining  :D 

They are more like entities, which can enhance their willpower, inner spirit, focus and concentration, as well as those of their allies. And vise versa - to diminish their foes' spirit and willpower.

on this last part, are you speaking literally or figuratively?

Offline Xaoc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
Mystics are support characters - they might not be very strong alone, but hey can wreck havoc when properly supported. They have extra chances not to be picked during battle, hence their party will fight for them, while they are healing, buffing or cursing. After level 15 the Mystics specialize and become very powerful allies (their ultimate skill can raise all skills of their allies with 1 level or if they are Dark Mystics, will lower the opponents'... also increasing the attributes of the entire party is handy... mass healing...). Until then, they have enough skills to survive on their own. Also Mystics gain extra experience, because Intelligence gives a boost to that.

Mystics can use a lot of weapons but they have special skills only for the Staffs (Staff Mastery - after level 15). They are dangerous because of their skills, not weapons.

Offline Savannah

• Tier 2
  • Keep shining!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
mmm... +k to you xaoc, for the details  :D

one last question - when you say "properly supported" is there a specific team in mind? As in a ratio of warriors and rangers..or do you mean, just by having good players with them (: