Author Topic: chat doesn't work  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Il_Vendicatore

• Tier 4
  • http://www.anno1777.com/index.php?i=139850
    • View Profile
chat doesn't work
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »
good morning guys, i aheva a little question for you: why the chat doesnn't work well? i mean, in the morning, up to 1 pm, tha chat seem to work, but in the afternoon it doesn't work anymore. it only loads, but for 10-20minutes, and after that time it still keep loading. what is happening?

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: chat doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
this thing heppens when there are a lot of people online simultaneously,

Offline wazery

• Tier 3
  • Pomogłem daj plusika ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
So it is design problem with chat? It cannot handle so much players? If that so why it is not changed/repaired?

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »
the server hasn't an unlimited storage of players, and with overmuch players online simultaneously, it become slow, same thing for the chat. for avoiding this problem, try to switch server (the server is the number after www)

Offline wazery

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Yes but server switching should be made at server side not client side when server is not capable of players it should redirect to another. It is still game/chat design problem.

More than half player even do not know how to change server. And such a thing shouldn't be done by client.
Most of player who buys diamonds wants to easy game interface. You and I can go deeper but there are lots of players who only want to play and such a thing is ridiculous for them. Such a switching should be designed properly but that thing may be used not only in this game...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:08:47 PM by wazery »

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
you're right, but the game has only two server and redirecting players from a server to another isn't easy, coz' when somebody does it, the game bring you to the homepage, too. so it can be done only manually, i'll post a guide for switching server as soon as possible for helping players

Offline wazery

• Tier 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
Yes cause servers not allow to forward session. It may be an usefull but still it should be done during logging and if all servers are overloaded it seems to be only one possible solution  :D