Poll

Do you want them to applied?

NO!
Only the "Banker" suggestion.
Only the "Quest" suggestion.
Yes, both of them!

Author Topic: More Interaction between players!  (Read 8330 times)

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: More Interaction between players!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
Firstly a banker can't send his money to other account.

but he can buy items with gold... and he can go in bankruptcy in this way too...

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »
Yes! But a bankrupt banker will only cause trouble to him self. Other players will be able to withdraw their gold normally. And the banker will have to pay the depth at central bank, unable to take any loan will be hard...and propably his gold will be minus for some time.

Example I deposit 5k later I withdraw 5k from the banker and he have only 2k at his account at current time, thus he will have to pay the difference 3k to the bank with interest. And he can't take any new deposits or give loans until the depth is fixed. He will be unable to take loans from other players too...

I have to admit this suggestion needs a lot of side rules. But it will give and a merchant type of character development.

Offline robiolastex

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
everybody can become a banker, isn't it? well, if this is your idea, somebody, with a satellite account, become a bank, then with his 1st account for example sell a piece of bread for 100M and the banker has 100M of deposited gold, if he buys the piece of bread, and he declares bankruptcy, it's useless giving him negative gold...

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »
One account per guild and every one without guild can become banker.
BUT that why I added the tier rule. If someone have a satellite account at tier 3 and make enough money to consider it profitable to abandon an advanced (lot of time and gold invested) account then what to say we are screwed and we will rise the min tier requirement to 4.  :D :D

Offline Oton

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Both ideas are very good, but both of them are attention, time-consuming and could lead to crushing of the game experience.
And I say that, judging from my own game experience.

Your first idea means that:

Players will actually have to SIT and THINK about creating incentives for others, in order to have their quests completed. Having a competition for quest writers that has been running almost 9 months... Only handful of people made some effort to write something, despite the MASSIVE quantities of Diamonds I throw at them. I seriously doubt that there will be enough players who will want to do stuff that, according to them, needs to be done by the IH Team. So, there will be 2 months of enthusiasm and then the players quest screen will be empty.

Your second idea means that:

I will create 10 accounts, develop them enough to be bankers and I will start multiplying my gold by giving it to them for an interest. This is just the first scheme that comes immediately to my mind. And this scheme only will crush the game economics. And I'm sure players will think of another 1000 schemes which I am too lazy to brainstorm at the moment.

So...

Your ideas are good, my friend... But in a perfect virtual world. Not in Ayarr Empire.

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
So, there will be 2 months of enthusiasm and then the players quest screen will be empty.

Like the banners at news, I guess... But then we always can think about something new!
Also it is important the way the company will introduce this system. If there is no tax posting quests, or the tax is only gold, is way better than diamond cost. Also there will be no way to check all the quests if you give a text box to be filled. I believe something like the guild recruitment must be applied, this way even the laziest player will be able to post a quest.

I will create 10 accounts, develop them enough to be bankers and I will start multiplying my gold by giving it to them for an interest. This is just the first scheme that comes immediately to my mind. And this scheme only will crush the game economics. And I'm sure players will think of another 1000 schemes which I am too lazy to brainstorm at the moment.

I must clear that the banker must create himself the interest. Having to his account some gold doesn't mean he will auto generate the interest! My idea is based on "to make money, you need money". If I, as banker, give 10% interest, then I must find that 10% not the game for me.
And yeah sure there gonna be exploits! But that's why we are talking about it to set the rules so we will reduce them. Also exploits are already (in a way) at the game (and real world). For example a dungeon is gold giver or a tier 2 dungeon is medium hide giver, and players exploit it to benefit from it. It's simply the legal way we must try to achieve and ensure about the "bankers".