Author Topic: gameplay/accessabilty suggestion  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Dastro

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
gameplay/accessabilty suggestion
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
hi,

few suggestion to improve the features at subject:

first, a suggestion to improve/ fix the level up reward- for when the hero levels up, he gets a cash reward, with it a selection of normal or double for facebook ad. now, 1. there are bugs: a lot of time the reward screen disappears when the are more then one screen active, for example, when the battle screen is active, and during it i press the level up button to distribute skill points, and the reward screen pops up, it just disappears and i cant claim the reward. 2. many time the reward is just not accepted- pressing the normal reward does not give the cash, it is just ignored. 3.there's no point, in my opinion the have that reward selection screen. the default should be normal reward, and there should be an option for double, or not. basically, thats my suggestion: every time a hero levels up, he gets the normal reward automatically, and the pop up screen should have an option for double reward. please remove the normal/double selection step.

second- theres a big problem with the inaccessibility of menus while traveling- 1. when the hero is traveling to a dungeon, the main hero/merc screen is not accessible, which causes, many time, a situation in which hero arrives to a dungeon only to find out one or more mercenaries is dead, and needs to go back to town to heal, wasting time. also, he cant see the items, potions, and general amount of space in stash left, which we need to know before arriving to a dungeon. please make is so that the main hero screen is accessible. Also, theres a bug, while traveling, thats causes the guild/messages menu to show up as gray buttons, even though they are accessible, and a pop up message that says the menu is unavailable, even though it is. please fix it. thirdly. the newsletter is also inaccessible while traveling- i see no reason why is that so. please make it accessible.

third-there are so many problems with the skills system, i dont know where to begin. i will write an extensive post about it some time, but for starters- there are several useless skills- skills that are considered by experienced players to be a waste of points- like slayer, hardening, and to some extent- herbal knowledge and fountain of spirit. please consider a major buff/ change to those skills!

minor suggestion:

1. recruiting mercenaries for town guards- is available only at the town in the province of the castle.. i see no reason why not to make guard hiring available in all taverns in all provinces in the tier.

2. castle/town stash- is accessible only at the town castle, while not really realistic, can you please make it accessible same as guild stash, through the manu, for guild officers only? i mean, save us the time of traveling to the province where the stash is.

3. selling in bulk/ stack: some times there are situations where i want to sell a lot of items at one, this goes especially for potion- if i want to sell, lets say, 10 health potions, at once, at the same price, i need to set a price for each one separately.. very tedious. please consider make an option to sell a bulk/stack with one mouse click of a button.

4. general stores- meaning potion stores- why are there towns when the general store offers lower tier items than the province tier? this makes no sense. for example- the store at arkonia city, seemlia, is a t2!!!! store, and its items are completely useless for t4 players. why is that store t2? please make it a t4, or at least a t3 store.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:08:31 PM by Dastro »

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
Re: gameplay/accessabilty suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
Well the first of your suggestions sounds nice! I haven't though it that way!

As for the second (inaccessibility of menus) for some of them there is reason! You can/must check your inventory and merc status before you leave for a dungeon. There is no point doing it while traveling. Don't know why is that way but never really bothered me...
The newsletter must be inaccessible! There are report battles like loot, this makes it easy to track and hunt some accounts, imagine that you would be able to check them even when traveling, "Oh, he is there now, cancel travel go there" there will be no way for someone to dodge you!

Sure there are good and bad skills! Game it self gives the ability to redistribute your points as you wish any time. Yeah diamonds cost... But you get one time free! (Check forum news...) Also useless points perhaps are good for me in example slayer is a good skill for a merc, so he or she quickly kill the leader of a dungeon, without the opportunity to cause much damage to your party. Hardening is useful if you are using Blood items. If you don't like a skill you don't use it! Skills change only if there is something unbalanced to the game (a really good skill against others etc).

minor suggestions discuss:
1. If it was the way you suggest then all the guilds will have access to many options for guards! But this way guilds must spend more time to recruit proper guards. In this way there are not many (if any) guilds with almost perfect guard! So a siege is possible. The way you like it there would be no battles coz the guards would be perfect at no time and other guilds unable to siege the province.

2. In my opinion if you want to manage something you should be there! In fact I would like if the guild stash was accessible only from the guild HQ... But that's me...

3.You want it to be like the resource market? This change could be only for food and potions and nothing else...

4. Yeah that's the question of many players...

Offline Dastro

• Tier 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
"As for the second (inaccessibility of menus) for some of them there is reason! You can/must check your inventory and merc status before you leave for a dungeon. There is no point doing it while traveling. Don't know why is that way but never really bothered me..."

-i agree we should check it before, but many times theres time pressure, like if the action points are  maxed and we wanna spent them before the next ap so it wont go to waste.. anyway, since there are quite a few things to remember to check, like inventory, health/spirit/ durability, attribute potions, weapons, jewelry with drop bonus and more, its not uncommon to forget this or that. the result, like i said, is that we have to turn around and go to town, wasting time. And since i understand , from what you said, that there isnt any technical reason why the main hero screen should be inaccessible, i think it will be a major improvement in gameplay and convenience to have it accessible.

"The newsletter must be inaccessible! There are report battles like loot, this makes it easy to track and hunt some accounts, imagine that you would be able to check them even when traveling, "Oh, he is there now, cancel travel go there" there will be no way for someone to dodge you!"

-i see what you mean, but i dont think its a major problem, because even if someone gets looted and the player who got looted, or some other player wants a payback, it will still take him time to get to the dungeon. at least a couple of minutes, so the looter still has time to go somewhere else. probably no one will spend diamonds to instant travel just to retaliate against looters, and for the few that have traveler orders- well, i dont think most players would mind a little extra pressure on looters.
i think the newspaper in general isnt used enough, because it is a "spare time" feature. personally, i read it either after guild battles, or when i have nothing better to do. A lot of time in this game is spent traveling. if you travel fro 20 minutes from province to province, dont you agree reading a paper helps pass the time? just like when you travel in real life.

"Sure there are good and bad skills!"... why are there bad skills? whats the point of that? i disagree, slayer is a bad skill especially for a merc, and there is quite a few skills that are unbalanced. see my post about skills for my suggestions, and please leave a feed back:] tthanx

1. i see your point. that's true.

2. thats kinda odd..why would you want to spend time traveling to get to guild stash? makes no sense. i would've like to see town stash more accessible, and u want to see guild stash less accessible?!

3.i would like to see that change applied to everything. for example, if i have 10 rings that ive crafted, and want to sell all of them at the same price, instead of choosing each separately and setting a price, i would like to see an option to choose all of them from a lits, perhaps like the list you have when choosing pieces of set items if you have more then one, and set a price once for all of them. this will be much more convenient  then the current system.

4. so there's no answer/reason? i assume that means this will be changed some time soon :]

cheers!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:17:40 PM by Dastro »

Offline Crassus

• Cy-Borg Maker
  • Tier 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 10:46:37 AM »
I am using iPhone to reply so for now I will only comment the number 2 and 3.

2. You are talking to a guy who likes silent hunter series without the time compression... The "slow" gameplay doesn't bothers me, but I know I am only part of a minor percent of gamers.

3. Those 10 rings at your example they will have different bonuses, thus worth will be varied. Also a buyer will need to see them separate to appraise them. Long story sort, I believe this suggestion if applied to items too, it will only cause trouble. For potions/food is ok but not for all items.

P.S. You can use the quote button when you are referring to other posts.